R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2002, 01:13 AM   #1111
Tech Adept
 
porkybmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Posts: 166
Send a message via AIM to porkybmx
Default

sorry, this isn't contributing to your topic/issue, but i need some recommendation for tire selections for my MtX. I am going to be running the car at Crystal Park, Compton this Saturday, and I just want to know what rubber tires work there and what shore/color foam tires work well there. Thanks
porkybmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 09:50 PM   #1112
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by porkybmx
sorry, this isn't contributing to your topic/issue, but i need some recommendation for tire selections for my MtX. I am going to be running the car at Crystal Park, Compton this Saturday, and I just want to know what rubber tires work there and what shore/color foam tires work well there. Thanks
I have tried yokomo 138G with firm insert, it works good.

Ellegi 40sh front and rear works great! you might be able to run 45sh front and 42sh rear! it should work too!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 12:04 AM   #1113
Regional Moderator
 
kansasracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,615
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

OK,

Taking the Mugen off the shelf to get ready for racing this year....

What are the new "must have parts that came out over the off season"?

Thanks
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 02:28 AM   #1114
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

Well........... I'm trying out the Kawahara Negative diff as soon as I get it in the mail. I'll let you guys know how that works out.

Also trying the Kawahara lowered engine mounts/smaller flywheel this weekend. I doubt i'll feel any difference but I just wanted someting to buy for my car since it's been stock(and doing very well thank you) for the past two years.

I also bought the Kawahara brake block/brace for it's looks and for the bearing support for the brake shaft.

I'm going to buy the front sway kit bar soon but I hope I don't screw up my dailed setup. Any tips on this.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 01:25 PM   #1115
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 191
Default

Got some new parts from Steve in Speedtech.

Karahara rar brace + mid block supports

I also got a centax clutch.


Had the MTX-2 out for the first time today & my local track.

The clutch seemed fine but would 'slip' now & then?

It just would not engage, I'd apply full brake, stop then blip the throttle & away we go again.

Then it would slip as I was blipping the throttle going around a tight turn no matter how high I'd bring the revs it would not engage but as above if I give full brake then blip the throttle off we go again! any thoughts?

Is this part of a running in period for a centax?

I only put two tanks through the car as the light was failing & Ireland's weather is not great at the moment, any moment!!

I've striped the centax & put a 'small' amount of HMP grease on the backside of the 4 clutch shoes.

I've also put some HMP grease on the thrust bearing.

Everything seems fine with the clutch inside & out.

I have the adjuster turned in about 1 1/2 threads onto the shaft is this a good starting point?


All the best
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 02:35 PM   #1116
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

sounds like it could be the one way and not the clutch.
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:27 AM   #1117
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
sounds like it could be the one way and not the clutch.
Possibily. Dont ever lube the 2speed one way with thick type grease. this will hold up the rollers inside the oneway and will disable the one-way function now and then.

Besides, you dont really need to lube the flyweight of the centax as they are self lubricant. I would just keep the clutch clean.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:49 AM   #1118
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 191
Default

Hi Guys,

I'll check my two speed but it was working fine before I fitted the centax. I have not put any grease near my two speed.


So the word is do not put any grease on the centax flywheel weights. The four shoes do not need any help just keep them clean, is that what everybody else is doing?


All the best
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:53 AM   #1119
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

I'll check my two speed but it was working fine before I fitted the centax. I have not put any grease near my two speed.


So the word is do not put any grease on the centax flywheel weights. The four shoes do not need any help just keep them clean, is that what everybody else is doing?


All the best
that is what i do to my clutch but you still need to lube the trust bearing often.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 03:23 AM   #1120
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Pro Driver ? - I Wish... [ Sydney ]
Posts: 742
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by click, dublin

It just would not engage, I'd apply full brake, stop then blip the throttle & away we go again.

Then it would slip as I was blipping the throttle going around a tight turn no matter how high I'd bring the revs it would not engage but as above if I give full brake then blip the throttle off we go again! any thoughts?

This is exactly what happened when my oneway went so its a definte possibility - worst part is it doesn't happen all the time so its so its hard to diagnose - you could throw your old clutch back on and it may appear to work fine for a while but relly still be faulty.

you could borrow someone elses oneway to try or buy another one as its good to have a spare Though I had to buy the whole gear adapter with it
muugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:10 PM   #1121
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

I'll check my two speed but it was working fine before I fitted the centax. I have not put any grease near my two speed.


So the word is do not put any grease on the centax flywheel weights. The four shoes do not need any help just keep them clean, is that what everybody else is doing?


All the best
I lube my thrust bearing before every run. I only lube the flywheel weights when I tear down the entire clutch for cleaning about every couple of months.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:16 PM   #1122
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 191
Default

Hi Guys,

As it happens I had a complete 2 speed as a spare.

I put on the new 2 speed & all seems fine now.

The one way you refer to, is that the roller pin bearing housed in the 47T gear?

Can you fix it or is it once its gone its gone?

Strange how things go wrong just when you attempt to do something else to the car! Murphy's Law!!!

So, what I've learnt from this is that one ways can go wrong intermittently which can confuse the hell out of you.

Many Thanks for your collective insights.

All the best
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 05:52 PM   #1123
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

As it happens I had a complete 2 speed as a spare.

I put on the new 2 speed & all seems fine now.

The one way you refer to, is that the roller pin bearing housed in the 47T gear?

Can you fix it or is it once its gone its gone?

Strange how things go wrong just when you attempt to do something else to the car! Murphy's Law!!!

So, what I've learnt from this is that one ways can go wrong intermittently which can confuse the hell out of you.

Many Thanks for your collective insights.

All the best
Learn lesson about the one-way on the layshaft. Never lube it nor clean it will make it live longer. If you really want to lube it, use very thin fluid based lube such as serpent one-way oil which is a very thin oil.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 07:03 PM   #1124
Tech Master
 
psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 1,520
Default

Has anyone had any problem with the adjustment nut on the Mugen centax tightening down by itself under load? The result is that the clutch doesn't engage. I had this happen twice today and ended up having to put loctite on it. This was the first time I've had my nitro cars out since November and I didn't see this at all last season. Pretty strange. Maybe it's too much hp from the new Collari engine!
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 07:10 PM   #1125
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by psycho
Has anyone had any problem with the adjustment nut on the Mugen centax tightening down by itself under load? The result is that the clutch doesn't engage. I had this happen twice today and ended up having to put loctite on it. This was the first time I've had my nitro cars out since November and I didn't see this at all last season. Pretty strange. Maybe it's too much hp from the new Collari engine!
Never have that happened before. Think that you should use the clutch spring for MRX 1/8 if your engine is so powerful.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:47 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net