R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-06-2002, 07:37 PM   #1051
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10

If you have the 1mm washer as on the Pro-Spec then you can use Yok 32mm rear without rubbing! and 26mm front!

Also Ellegi 26mm fits good too!
serious? how abt Zac 32mm?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 07:41 PM   #1052
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur

serious? how abt Zac 32mm?
That I am not sure! but I think if you put another 1mm washer inbetween the hex hub and the rim then it probably would fit! but need to see how deep of a socket those Zac 32mm rims are to make a final statment!

I want to try these tires too! I will let you know once I have my hands on them! hang tight!

Or may be someone on the forum has already tried them!

Anyone??
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 07:46 PM   #1053
Tech Master

Quote:

That I am not sure! but I think if you put another 1mm washer inbetween the hex hub and the rim then it probably would fit! but need to see how deep of a socket those Zac 32mm rims are to make a final statment!

I want to try these tires too! I will let you know once I have my hands on them! hang tight!

Or may be someone on the forum has already tried them!

Anyone??
hmmm......another 1mm washer? can that be done? dont think there will be enough clearance to secure the 2 washers with the retaining pin?

btw, those Yok 32mm rims are pre-mounted with foams?
Old 01-06-2002, 07:48 PM   #1054
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:

hmmm......another 1mm washer? can that be done? dont think there will be enough clearance to secure the 2 washers with the retaining pin?

No No NO! one 1mm washer between the wheel bearing and the retaining pin and the other one that I was referring to is to be placed inbetween the hex hub and the rim itself!
Old 01-06-2002, 07:55 PM   #1055
Tech Master

Quote:

No No NO! one 1mm washer between the wheel bearing and the retaining pin and the other one that I was referring to is to be placed inbetween the hex hub and the rim itself!
oic! so i guess with this mod, i can forget abt the kawahara rear conversion kit which costs a bomb.
Old 01-06-2002, 08:02 PM   #1056
Tech Master

Quote:

yes they are premount foams and they are trued too!
Old 01-06-2002, 08:04 PM   #1057
Tech Master

Quote:

oic! so i guess with this mod, i can forget abt the kawahara rear conversion kit which costs a bomb.
Not exactly and entirely ture because if you plan to race then they have rules on touring car spec which is 200mm width! the Kawahara kit will solve the problem! with 32mm and Kawahara kit the overall width will still within 200mm
Old 01-06-2002, 08:08 PM   #1058
Tech Master

Quote:

Not exactly and entirely ture because if you plan to race then they have rules on touring car spec which is 200mm width! the Kawahara kit will solve the problem! with 32mm and Kawahara kit the overall width will still within 200mm
mabbe u can help me with the mathematics....say if i use 32mm without the kawahara unit, wat would be the car width?

are there any replacements for the kawa shorten arms if i were to break them?
Old 01-06-2002, 08:12 PM   #1059
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hard joker you can get the head hot with the hotest water you can find preferably boiling. pick it out of the water and let it air dry for a moment then spray it down with oven cleaner. it will kill the rest then brush it with soap and water to ekiminate the black smut.

Compression don't worry about the static non running compression. trying to alter it will increase the dynamic compression which is much more important.

Heres what to do. add 4 ounces of caster oil to the fuel and run the heck out of it for a weekend. The carbon build from the caster will restore the seal quite well as long as it is not scored.

Its probably to late for joker but if you guys clean the insides of your engines stay away from the carbon ring that develops at the top edge on the side of the piston at all costs. Your engine will instantly lose its compression seal. DO NOT SPRAY THE PISTON WITH OVEN CLEANER, AVOID THE INSIDE OF THE LINER TOO!!
Old 01-06-2002, 08:14 PM   #1060
Tech Master

hurhur
AHH the magic question 202 to 206 depending on how close you want to cut it and the width of the pivot balls when you set it up.
Old 01-06-2002, 08:14 PM   #1061
Tech Master

hurhur
AHH the magic question 202 to 206 depending on how close you want to cut it and the width of the pivot balls when you set it up.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:28 PM   #1062
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey everyone. Thanks for all your welcomes.

Motorman.

Nah...RTO was in a V1r. I might put it in the Associated after I can get some spare parts for the drive train. Know what I mean. The shaft drive cups are plastic afterall. Anyhow... the ntc3 really IS a total rocket coming out of corners.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 10:41 PM   #1063
Tech Master

Quote:

mabbe u can help me with the mathematics....say if i use 32mm without the kawahara unit, wat would be the car width?

are there any replacements for the kawa shorten arms if i were to break them?
With Regular 24mm foam or rubber the setting is already close to 200, in fact on my previous setting with 24 rubber tires I was at 199mm, now each tire got 8mm then both side put together would be a good 16mm so the total width of the car would be 215mm plus another 2mm on the washer you put between the hub and rim so the total will bring up to 217mm or so!

Does it make sense to you?
Old 01-06-2002, 10:48 PM   #1064
Tech Master

I run 28 TRC's and the car is 199 with 2 mm spacers. (It is as narrow as I can adjust it) So you have to add nothing on the inside(but it puts you right against the upper section of the hubs so a 1 mm trim there is appropriate) and gain 4 on the outside which will make the car 203. Now I'm talking about Inch up Yokomos not any others.

I had an inquiry for an engine for a TC3 already. Wonder if it will hold up. Those things are killing GT4 2 speeds and NOB4 spur gears. At least thats what customers tell me.

Last edited by Motorman; 01-06-2002 at 10:52 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 11:29 PM   #1065
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
I run 28 TRC's and the car is 199 with 2 mm spacers. (It is as narrow as I can adjust it) So you have to add nothing on the inside(but it puts you right against the upper section of the hubs so a 1 mm trim there is appropriate) and gain 4 on the outside which will make the car 203. Now I'm talking about Inch up Yokomos not any others.

I had an inquiry for an engine for a TC3 already. Wonder if it will hold up. Those things are killing GT4 2 speeds and NOB4 spur gears. At least thats what customers tell me.
I love engine that kills spurs !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote