R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2002, 07:37 PM   #1051
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10


If you have the 1mm washer as on the Pro-Spec then you can use Yok 32mm rear without rubbing! and 26mm front!

Also Ellegi 26mm fits good too!
serious? how abt Zac 32mm?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 07:41 PM   #1052
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur


serious? how abt Zac 32mm?
That I am not sure! but I think if you put another 1mm washer inbetween the hex hub and the rim then it probably would fit! but need to see how deep of a socket those Zac 32mm rims are to make a final statment!

I want to try these tires too! I will let you know once I have my hands on them! hang tight!

Or may be someone on the forum has already tried them!

Anyone??
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 07:46 PM   #1053
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10


That I am not sure! but I think if you put another 1mm washer inbetween the hex hub and the rim then it probably would fit! but need to see how deep of a socket those Zac 32mm rims are to make a final statment!

I want to try these tires too! I will let you know once I have my hands on them! hang tight!

Or may be someone on the forum has already tried them!

Anyone??
hmmm......another 1mm washer? can that be done? dont think there will be enough clearance to secure the 2 washers with the retaining pin?

btw, those Yok 32mm rims are pre-mounted with foams?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 07:48 PM   #1054
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur


hmmm......another 1mm washer? can that be done? dont think there will be enough clearance to secure the 2 washers with the retaining pin?

btw, those Yok 32mm rims are pre-mounted with foams?
No No NO! one 1mm washer between the wheel bearing and the retaining pin and the other one that I was referring to is to be placed inbetween the hex hub and the rim itself!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 07:55 PM   #1055
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10


No No NO! one 1mm washer between the wheel bearing and the retaining pin and the other one that I was referring to is to be placed inbetween the hex hub and the rim itself!
oic! so i guess with this mod, i can forget abt the kawahara rear conversion kit which costs a bomb.
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 08:02 PM   #1056
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur


hmmm......another 1mm washer? can that be done? dont think there will be enough clearance to secure the 2 washers with the retaining pin?

btw, those Yok 32mm rims are pre-mounted with foams?
yes they are premount foams and they are trued too!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 08:04 PM   #1057
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur


oic! so i guess with this mod, i can forget abt the kawahara rear conversion kit which costs a bomb.
Not exactly and entirely ture because if you plan to race then they have rules on touring car spec which is 200mm width! the Kawahara kit will solve the problem! with 32mm and Kawahara kit the overall width will still within 200mm
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 08:08 PM   #1058
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10


Not exactly and entirely ture because if you plan to race then they have rules on touring car spec which is 200mm width! the Kawahara kit will solve the problem! with 32mm and Kawahara kit the overall width will still within 200mm
mabbe u can help me with the mathematics....say if i use 32mm without the kawahara unit, wat would be the car width?

are there any replacements for the kawa shorten arms if i were to break them?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 08:12 PM   #1059
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hard joker you can get the head hot with the hotest water you can find preferably boiling. pick it out of the water and let it air dry for a moment then spray it down with oven cleaner. it will kill the rest then brush it with soap and water to ekiminate the black smut.

Compression don't worry about the static non running compression. trying to alter it will increase the dynamic compression which is much more important.

Heres what to do. add 4 ounces of caster oil to the fuel and run the heck out of it for a weekend. The carbon build from the caster will restore the seal quite well as long as it is not scored.

Its probably to late for joker but if you guys clean the insides of your engines stay away from the carbon ring that develops at the top edge on the side of the piston at all costs. Your engine will instantly lose its compression seal. DO NOT SPRAY THE PISTON WITH OVEN CLEANER, AVOID THE INSIDE OF THE LINER TOO!!
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 08:14 PM   #1060
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hurhur
AHH the magic question 202 to 206 depending on how close you want to cut it and the width of the pivot balls when you set it up.
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 08:14 PM   #1061
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hurhur
AHH the magic question 202 to 206 depending on how close you want to cut it and the width of the pivot balls when you set it up.
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 10:28 PM   #1062
Tech Regular
 
Jonathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey everyone. Thanks for all your welcomes.

Motorman.

Nah...RTO was in a V1r. I might put it in the Associated after I can get some spare parts for the drive train. Know what I mean. The shaft drive cups are plastic afterall. Anyhow... the ntc3 really IS a total rocket coming out of corners.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 10:41 PM   #1063
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur


mabbe u can help me with the mathematics....say if i use 32mm without the kawahara unit, wat would be the car width?

are there any replacements for the kawa shorten arms if i were to break them?
With Regular 24mm foam or rubber the setting is already close to 200, in fact on my previous setting with 24 rubber tires I was at 199mm, now each tire got 8mm then both side put together would be a good 16mm so the total width of the car would be 215mm plus another 2mm on the washer you put between the hub and rim so the total will bring up to 217mm or so!

Does it make sense to you?
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 10:48 PM   #1064
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I run 28 TRC's and the car is 199 with 2 mm spacers. (It is as narrow as I can adjust it) So you have to add nothing on the inside(but it puts you right against the upper section of the hubs so a 1 mm trim there is appropriate) and gain 4 on the outside which will make the car 203. Now I'm talking about Inch up Yokomos not any others.

I had an inquiry for an engine for a TC3 already. Wonder if it will hold up. Those things are killing GT4 2 speeds and NOB4 spur gears. At least thats what customers tell me.
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.

Last edited by Motorman; 01-06-2002 at 10:52 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 11:29 PM   #1065
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
I run 28 TRC's and the car is 199 with 2 mm spacers. (It is as narrow as I can adjust it) So you have to add nothing on the inside(but it puts you right against the upper section of the hubs so a 1 mm trim there is appropriate) and gain 4 on the outside which will make the car 203. Now I'm talking about Inch up Yokomos not any others.

I had an inquiry for an engine for a TC3 already. Wonder if it will hold up. Those things are killing GT4 2 speeds and NOB4 spur gears. At least thats what customers tell me.
I love engine that kills spurs !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net