R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-05-2001, 12:02 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
W Fok (this is your correct name? )

november will still be hot here in day time. are you planning to come here for shopping spree again?
Gee you have a good memory (Note be careful what I say when Anthony's (not Ah10) around ). It looks like it might be a yearly vacation now. Which stores do you recommend?

hurhur

The HPI site used too much bandwidth and was banned. LOL

Ok question for everyone. I was told Mugen changed the plastic material in the arms to lessen the rear ones breaking. Does anyone know for sure? How can you tell if the arms are the new or old ones?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 12:06 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10

Rumor said HPI site got hit by virus and they dont have a back up copy that's why it was down for so long! but dont know for sure!
Someone of the Aussie forum got a reply from Frank regarding the site. The Web Server that ran hpiracing.com has gone done, and HPI are looking at a new web host.

---snip email---
Quote:
Thanks for your email!

We are aware the web site is currently unavailable, the problem is with our web server. We are looking for a new host and expect the site to be operation in the next couple of days.

If you have a customer service question, please direct it to [email protected] or call us if you need immediate assistance at (949 753-1099).

Thank you for your patience
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 12:14 AM   #93
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

Gee you have a good memory (Note be careful what I say when Anthony's (not Ah10) around ). It looks like it might be a yearly vacation now. Which stores do you recommend?
Never GPM !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 12:21 AM   #94
Tech Rookie

Yes, they did change the material. The new arms are a little stronger and a little more brittle. Probably has a little more graphite.

They still break, of course. But the don't get those sneaky "hairline" cracks in the pin knuckle that were hard to spot.

Personally, I would gladly pay the extra for Delrin.
Leet TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 12:47 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Quote:

Never GPM !!

Thanks. I figured that out last time. Funny, see Leet TC3's comment on the delrin arms. Only place that have them is GPM

Leet TC3

I was told the material is softer so the arms will flex and give so they don't break.

Novarossi

No comment on the arms? You seem to like to talk a lot. You have as many posts as I do and you just joined yesterday. J/K
Old 10-05-2001, 12:51 AM   #96
Tech Elite

Quote:

Novarossi

No comment on the arms? You seem to like to talk a lot. You have as many posts as I do and you just joined yesterday. J/K
Im trying to get a head start on you

Can't comment on the derlin arms or any 3rd-Party hop up, since we never see them here
Old 10-05-2001, 12:55 AM   #97
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi

Im trying to get a head start on you

Can't comment on the derlin arms or any 3rd-Party hop up, since we never see them here

Nah I mean the "new" material Mugen is using to lessen the rear arms breaking.
Old 10-05-2001, 12:59 AM   #98
Tech Elite

Leet TC3

I saw in another thread you mentioned you have to use 24mm wheels in the front to avoid rubbing on the steering knuckles. I have something for you. Kawahara front knuckles have more clearance than the stock ones and.........its Delrin. Less chance of the pivot balls pulling through in a crash.
Old 10-05-2001, 01:04 AM   #99
Tech Elite

Quote:

Nah I mean the "new" material Mugen is using to lessen the rear arms breaking.
I've only ever broken a front right hub in 1 year. The only problem I've had with the rear arms is alittle slop, no breakage. I personally think the plastic is good enough, but if the new material does reduces flex, and is stronger, then it sounds good

Was the username 'W Fok' taken ?
Old 10-05-2001, 01:16 AM   #100
Tech Elite

Quote:

I've only ever broken a front right hub in 1 year. The only problem I've had with the rear arms is alittle slop, no breakage. I personally think the plastic is good enough, but if the new material does reduces flex, and is stronger, then it sounds good

No no. I was told the material is softer so it'll flex instead of break at the pin knuckle.

This handle is what I usually use. The one on HPI was at the request of Frank McKinney.
Old 10-05-2001, 01:19 AM   #101
Tech Champion

Quote:

Agree, I though it was the rear cover pin hole has been enlarged but the slop remains the same with a new cover. I think i need to shim the arm with thin spacers
Old 10-05-2001, 01:24 AM   #102
Tech Elite

Quote:

Agree, I though it was the rear cover pin hole has been enlarged but the slop remains the same with a new cover. I think i need to shim the arm with thin spacers
Moon, exactly the same problem I had.

I placed some shims behind the left one, which reduced slop, but the suspension arms would hang alittle. I replaced the rear bumper (cover) and the rear arms, the problem is still there.

Compared to my old RS4 which lived off slopness, Im just ignoring the rear slop on mt MTX.
Old 10-05-2001, 01:27 AM   #103
Tech Champion

Quote:

Moon, exactly the same problem I had.

I placed some shims behind the left one, which reduced slop, but the suspension arms would hang alittle. I replaced the rear bumper (cover) and the rear arms, the problem is still there.

Compared to my old RS4 which lived off slopness, Im just ignoring the rear slop on mt MTX.
Kyosho has different thickness of shims that will allow you to make fine adjustment to reduce slop without making up blinds.
Old 10-05-2001, 01:44 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Quote:

No no. I was told the material is softer so it'll flex instead of break at the pin knuckle.

This handle is what I usually use. The one on HPI was at the request of Frank McKinney.
Where did u guys here that Mugen were testing or using this new material?
Old 10-05-2001, 01:46 AM   #105
Tech Champion

Quote:

Where did u guys here that Mugen were testing or using this new material?
I dont think it is necessary !! the stock arms are beefed enough.