R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-22-2001, 09:09 PM   #886
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

had the penquin plate in my car for about 10 minutes....took it off and put it in the garbage. sorry you wasted your money on it like i did. the fit was bad, the parts were not cut well, the received ended up too close to the chassis.
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 02:35 PM   #887
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by raffaelli
had the penquin plate in my car for about 10 minutes....took it off and put it in the garbage. sorry you wasted your money on it like i did. the fit was bad, the parts were not cut well, the received ended up too close to the chassis.
I used to use penguin carbon upper deck but I have just bought myself a 5 star upper deck. Workmanship is much better on the 5 star one and fitting is perfect dont need to tweak and push to get all the nuts and bolt to screw in properly. The best thing is on the receiver tray, it has a seperate carbon fiber tray for the receiver and it is suspended below the deck itself have more room to work on all those wires also it drops the CG a little lower since you can mount the receiver lower than the penguin one(granted it's not much of a difference, but still!

Workmanship is just top notch! kind of piss at myself how come I didnt get this one to begin with?????????
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 06:35 PM   #888
Tech Rookie

Default Carbon brake pad help....

I've just bought the Penguin carbon brake disk and was wondering do I have to remove the current brake pads or??

Also I have been running black clutch shoes with 1.1mm spring for awhile without any problems. But recently I've broken 3 spring in 3 weeks. Then in a pinch I replaced them with the .9mm black ones and then my engine shuts down around corners etc....

Any info would be awesome....

Thanks,

Andy
sloMugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 11:05 AM   #889
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Carbon brake pad help....

Quote:
Originally posted by sloMugen
I've just bought the Penguin carbon brake disk and was wondering do I have to remove the current brake pads or??

Also I have been running black clutch shoes with 1.1mm spring for awhile without any problems. But recently I've broken 3 spring in 3 weeks. Then in a pinch I replaced them with the .9mm black ones and then my engine shuts down around corners etc....

Any info would be awesome....

Thanks,

Andy
Yes you need to remove the brake pads since the carbon brake is much thicker than the stock metal one. you can use razor blade to shave it off then use a dremal to grind it down. or you can flip the right to the left and left to the right then you have a brand new brake pad.
Old 12-24-2001, 12:29 PM   #890
Tech Adept

Default Kawahara Clutch

Hi Guys,

First I hope everybody has a Happy & Safe holiday.

I just put the cart before the horse, as it were.

I ordered a Kawahara clutch from Steve in Speedtech.

Now I'm asking what do people think of it?

How does it compare to the Centex?

Any tips on setting it up.

All the best

Click, Dublin
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 12:42 PM   #891
Tech Master

Default Re: Kawahara Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

First I hope everybody has a Happy & Safe holiday.

I just put the cart before the horse, as it were.

I ordered a Kawahara clutch from Steve in Speedtech.

Now I'm asking what do people think of it?

How does it compare to the Centex?

Any tips on setting it up.

All the best

Click, Dublin

They are 2 different things, Centex Clutch is the engine clutch, and Kawahara clutch is the second speed clutch!
Old 12-24-2001, 02:48 PM   #892
Tech Adept

Default Kawahara clutch

ah10,

Um . . . ah . . . . ups . . .

Well spotted. Just checking to see if everybody in this posting could spot my DELIBERATE mistake!!!

Phew I think I got away with that one?

Iíve emailed Steve to change my order. I was looking for the engine clutch.

Iím going to spend the X-mas break brushing up on my reading skills.

Many, Many Thanks for the info.

Click, Dublin
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 02:48 PM   #893
Pek
Tech Rookie

Default 5Star

Where can a get the 5 star upper deck?
Pek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 03:07 PM   #894
Tech Master

Default Re: 5Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Pek
Where can a get the 5 star upper deck?
Where are you at? in State or somewhere else? The one that I got is from a LHS if you are in state I could ask them to order one for you!

Let me know if I can help!
Old 12-24-2001, 04:31 PM   #895
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10

I used to use penguin carbon upper deck but I have just bought myself a 5 star upper deck. Workmanship is much better on the 5 star one and fitting is perfect dont need to tweak and push to get all the nuts and bolt to screw in properly. The best thing is on the receiver tray, it has a seperate carbon fiber tray for the receiver and it is suspended below the deck itself have more room to work on all those wires also it drops the CG a little lower since you can mount the receiver lower than the penguin one(granted it's not much of a difference, but still!

Workmanship is just top notch! kind of piss at myself how come I didnt get this one to begin with?????????
5 Star Carbon Fiber Upper Deck Installation Instruction

The above is 5 Star Carbon Fiber Upper Deck, this will help understand what I was talking about on the receiver tray mount!

Last edited by Ah10; 12-24-2001 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-25-2001, 11:20 PM   #896
Tech Apprentice

Hey ah10 on you negative diff did you use and rtv sealant in order for it not to leak? My is already leaking and I just spun it around.
kyosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 11:41 PM   #897
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kyosho
Hey ah10 on you negative diff did you use and rtv sealant in order for it not to leak? My is already leaking and I just spun it around.
No I did not use any rtv sealant, in fact didnt use any at all, just made sure I used a brand new gasket then do the 1 3 2 4 sequence to torque it down, I did that very carefully because the housing is aluminum, they are easy to bent or the shape torque out of whack easily! IMHO, need to be really carefully when you torque it down!
Old 12-25-2001, 11:53 PM   #898
Tech Apprentice

Alright thanks.
kyosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 12:04 AM   #899
Tech Master

Quote:
Alright thanks.
You are welcome
Old 12-26-2001, 10:16 PM   #900
Tech Master

Quote:
Alright thanks.
Hey Kyosho, have you got your diff fixed?