R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2001, 12:31 PM   #826
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wiley
hi!
thanks for the info
i did all the thing u guys told me to
1.change tires
2.shock mounting position
3.softer spring
my car hooks like it's on rail
by the way Mauler ..this is not for Marina track..it's for Spore Expo race
For expo race use pit 20 or 24 and use either soft or medium inserts...
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 07:54 PM   #827
Tech Adept
 
xray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 209
Default

Wiley, it is a permanent track?
xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 08:35 PM   #828
Tech Master
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: sleepy town
Posts: 1,279
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xray
Wiley, it is a permanent track?
xray, the track is a make shift track
it only there because the is a racing going on, once it over
the track will be gone.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 11:06 AM   #829
Tech Initiate
 
Jack_L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 34
Default Hi

Jack_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 08:23 PM   #830
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Hi

AsphaltAssasin It was my pleasure meeting you and your friends, Randy and Steve.

Hope to see you again soon! I might bring my car to Vegas and run with you guys! Silverbowl raceway is definitly top notch track, I would love to try it there in the near future!

Please say hi to Randy and Steve for me!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 09:23 PM   #831
Tech Regular
 
AsphaltAssasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Ah10,

I'll tell Steve and Randy. We Look Forward to you coming up, Starting in January we will be racing on the 2nd and 4th Sunday. At the Silverbowl 17/21 or 17/22 pinions are the gears that work here.
__________________
Earl Barnes
JGO Paintz
AsphaltAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 04:21 PM   #832
Tech Regular
 
RAP66's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Where is everyone??

IT's too quite here....
__________________
Rich Pedro

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 07:25 PM   #833
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Where is everyone??

Quote:
Originally posted by Hard Jokur
IT's too quite here....
I know it! I have been waiting to jump on the forum but no luck!

Hey Hard Jokur, is your buddy back yet?
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:41 PM   #834
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Re: Where is everyone??

Went to Revelation this afternoon, car is running really good, front sway bar is good too! with front sway bar initial turn is so quick and precise I had to slow down the servo a bit to adapt.

Here is my set up for today.
Front
Camber 1 degree
Toe 0 degree
Mugen Light Blue Spring
Ride Height 5mm
Sway Bar Soft Setting
Ellegi 26mm 40sh

Rear
Camber 2 degree
Toe 2 1/2 degree
Mugen Light Blue Spring
Ride Height 6mm
Rear sway Bar, 3mm from the end
Ellegi 26mm 40sh

Front oneway, Kawahara Neg Diff.

Traction was wonderful but wear on rear tires are a little bit too much, after like 8 tanks of gas rear tire is gone, and front still have 2/3 left may be even more!

Tried Yokomo 26mm and 32mm Firm last week, it works great!
I will try 45sh on the rear next week.


Hey Manticore, my rear tires still wear out like a ice cream cone, more wear on the outter edge do you know why?? already change to stiffer spring to eliminate some body roll but still not wearing off evenly! Should I go 2 1/2 rear Camber?
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 12:01 AM   #835
Tech Regular
 
RAP66's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default AH10... and Diff Question

Ah10

YA he's back... he's supposed to be working on a list of stuff... I'll bug him and see where he's at?


************************************************

Quick Q about diff oils... I have 10k front/5k rear, it seems to be the popular choice for Castle... Are the diffs supposed to be that tight?? My MP5 diffs are much easier to spin, and the oils I used for that is a tad heavier..

How would 10k and 3k work out?


Rich
__________________
Rich Pedro

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 12:23 AM   #836
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: AH10... and Diff Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Hard Jokur
Ah10

YA he's back... he's supposed to be working on a list of stuff... I'll bug him and see where he's at?


************************************************

Quick Q about diff oils... I have 10k front/5k rear, it seems to be the popular choice for Castle... Are the diffs supposed to be that tight?? My MP5 diffs are much easier to spin, and the oils I used for that is a tad heavier..

How would 10k and 3k work out?


Rich

5k oil should have a freely diff! you might want to check your diff gear mesh! you might have too thick washer at the end of the bevel gear shaft! you might want to use thinner shim at the end! That might help!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 09:56 AM   #837
Tech Master
 
psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 1,520
Default Re: AH10... and Diff Question

Hard Jokur

I'd go higher than that for Castle. I ran 30K up front and 5K in back at the last race and had way too much steering. I think 50K up front and 10K in back would not be too high. With the new surface and vht on the track, you'll get nutty traction there. Traction rolling is a problem.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 10:32 AM   #838
Tech Regular
 
RAP66's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: AH10... and Diff Question

Really... ARGH!!! That's ok.. I have another set of Diffs, I'll just make a nother set for the front with heavier oil.

THe problems I had with the diff is that I put too much oil in them...

I have a carbon upper deck also, but I dont want to put on yet until I at least drive the car for a bit... I can see myself nailing a board and making nice little carbon splinters..




Quote:
Originally posted by psycho
Hard Jokur

I'd go higher than that for Castle. I ran 30K up front and 5K in back at the last race and had way too much steering. I think 50K up front and 10K in back would not be too high. With the new surface and vht on the track, you'll get nutty traction there. Traction rolling is a problem.
__________________
Rich Pedro

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 11:14 AM   #839
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone??

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
Went to Revelation this afternoon, car is running really good, front sway bar is good too! with front sway bar initial turn is so quick and precise I had to slow down the servo a bit to adapt.

Here is my set up for today.
Front
Camber 1 degree
Toe 0 degree
Mugen Light Blue Spring
Ride Height 5mm
Sway Bar Soft Setting
Ellegi 26mm 40sh

Rear
Camber 2 degree
Toe 2 1/2 degree
Mugen Light Blue Spring
Ride Height 6mm
Rear sway Bar, 3mm from the end
Ellegi 26mm 40sh

Front oneway, Kawahara Neg Diff.

Traction was wonderful but wear on rear tires are a little bit too much, after like 8 tanks of gas rear tire is gone, and front still have 2/3 left may be even more!

Tried Yokomo 26mm and 32mm Firm last week, it works great!
I will try 45sh on the rear next week.


Hey Manticore, my rear tires still wear out like a ice cream cone, more wear on the outter edge do you know why?? already change to stiffer spring to eliminate some body roll but still not wearing off evenly! Should I go 2 1/2 rear Camber?
you need to adjust your camber so that you foam tire dont get cone anymore.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 01:07 PM   #840
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone??

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


you need to adjust your camber so that you foam tire dont get cone anymore.
Increase my rear negative camber to 2 1/2d?
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:07 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net