R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2001, 12:50 AM   #796
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default Re: Setup help.... for Castle & Rams

Quote:
Originally posted by Hard Jokur
ok... I have the car apart....

What is a good baseline setup for Castle Hobbies & RAMS??

I'm hoping to find a baseline where I can just drop the car down and go... then fine tune with tires. These tracks are temporary parking lot tracks, (I believe) they use VHT.



I need info on F/R diff oils, F/R shock oil, linkage and shock positions and spirngs...


And finally what about the front sway bar... The guy I bought the car from sent it with the car, but still in the baggy. Should I install it?? Or leave it off and just use the rear sway....



Thanks

Rich
You might want to ask at rcracing.com

Then again you might already have since I saw a similar post to yours over there.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 12:59 AM   #797
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 98
Default Re: New Mugen Hop up

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi
Titanium Parts for MTX-2. Also, they state they you save a few grams in weight using these.

The two turnbuckles second items from top are rear top link? What is the part # or the part # for plain steel versions? I would have thought the pro spec would have come with turnbuckles here.

And also does anyone make any braces to connect the upper deck to the rear housing behind the motor such as one available for impulse?

Thanks for all help.
SHARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:01 AM   #798
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder


So what's the answer?

I noticed Novarossi looked at this thread and didn't comment either. You guys are a lot of help!
Now Now Fok and Oon , you old guys get moody don't you?

Solid in the Front, Gear in the rear - rear end would push more resulting in alittle understeer.
Solid Front, negative diff - In corners (refer to above), straight line speed will be quicker. The rear will only act as a solid rear when in a straight line.
Solid Front, solid rear - don't know, but Im sure you'd be busting a few belts

first it was Moon not knowing of a hop-up part, now W Fok asking for my advise????? - this is the happiest day of my life
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:03 AM   #799
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default Re: Re: New Mugen Hop up

Quote:
Originally posted by SHARP


The two turnbuckles second items from top are rear top link? What is the part # or the part # for plain steel versions? I would have thought the pro spec would have come with turnbuckles here.

And also does anyone make any braces to connect the upper deck to the rear housing behind the motor such as one available for impulse?

Thanks for all help.
SHARP,
I just bought 2 GPM Purple turnbuckles - $1.50 each. You do not titanium rear turnbuckles trust me
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:05 AM   #800
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

BTW, to answer your second question - NO. Never seen that type of hop up before.

But ask our local hop up guru Moon
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:08 AM   #801
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Sharp

For the 2 rear turnbuckles, you can use Lunsford pieces made for Tamiya electric cars front camber links. Should to be 16 or 18mm long with the narrow adjuster nut just like in the picture.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:18 AM   #802
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi


Now Now Fok and Oon , you old guys get moody don't you?

Solid in the Front, Gear in the rear - rear end would push more resulting in alittle understeer.
Solid Front, negative diff - In corners (refer to above), straight line speed will be quicker. The rear will only act as a solid rear when in a straight line.
Solid Front, solid rear - don't know, but Im sure you'd be busting a few belts

first it was Moon not knowing of a hop-up part, now W Fok asking for my advise????? - this is the happiest day of my life
I'm moody cause it's raining here unlike ozzyland where it's summer and you get to go play!!! Didn't you know the lack of sunshine makes one depressed? I don't know about Moon? Ever since he joined that Hardkore Racing team......How'd he get hooked up with people like NitroDrew in the USA anyway?

Alrighty! Thank you Novarossi. Finally some useful info. @ Moon.
So should I try the solid/solid?
Saw a yok with a solid front and gear diff handle pretty well on a tight track. Hmmmmm???

BTW I asked questions but don't get no answers, just like the HPI Forum.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 12-07-2001 at 01:21 AM.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:36 AM   #803
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 98
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the help guys! Any website for GPM?

I don't suppose anyone knows of aftermarket front shock tower that is low enough to be able to use Lola style body? Maybe I just cut top 3 holes off plastic tower.

Also any advice for me on adjusting front swaybar? I figure it is done by turning the little lever thing (part# H0108B). The manual says: "Turn H0108B, and SG3X16 is fastened in a position to Become the angle for left-right Lower Arm to be the Same". But when I turn this the 2 front arms go the different angles. Am I too dumb for this car?!

Last edited by SHARP; 12-07-2001 at 01:39 AM.
SHARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:41 AM   #804
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default Re: Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by SHARP
Thanks for the help guys!
I don't suppose anyone knows of aftermarket front shock tower that is low enough to be able to use Lola style body? Maybe I just cut top 3 holes off plastic tower.

Also any advice for me on adjusting front swaybar? I figure it is done by turning the little lever thing (part# H0108B). The manual says: "Turn H0108B, and SG3X16 is fastened in a position to Become the angle for left-right Lower Arm to be the Same". But when I turn this the 2 front arms go the different angles. Am I too dumb for this car?!
The Lola body fits fine. You need to take extra time lmaking sure the shock towers don't get in the way. Mine fit fine.

Front ARB.

When the bar is horizontal (ie the flat section is horizontal), this is when the ARB has the least effect (ie softest position)

When the bar is set at 45 degree, this is medium setting, when the bar is set at 90 degree this is when the ARB is at full force (ie hardest position).

Anyway, speak to u all Monday
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:45 AM   #805
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi


Now Now Fok and Oon , you old guys get moody don't you?

Solid in the Front, Gear in the rear - rear end would push more resulting in alittle understeer.
Solid Front, negative diff - In corners (refer to above), straight line speed will be quicker. The rear will only act as a solid rear when in a straight line.
Solid Front, solid rear - don't know, but Im sure you'd be busting a few belts

first it was Moon not knowing of a hop-up part, now W Fok asking for my advise????? - this is the happiest day of my life
Dear Novarossi,

I dont mind about that as long as you are Happy !! We do care about younger generations !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:47 AM   #806
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi
BTW, to answer your second question - NO. Never seen that type of hop up before.

But ask our local hop up guru Moon
I dont see there is a need for the left hand side chassis stiffener for MTX2 but I do have one for my V1R !! If there is one, why not? but if there isnt one, save your money !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:49 AM   #807
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 98
Default Re: Re: Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi


The Lola body fits fine. You need to take extra time lmaking sure the shock towers don't get in the way. Mine fit fine.

Front ARB.

When the bar is horizontal (ie the flat section is horizontal), this is when the ARB has the least effect (ie softest position)

When the bar is set at 45 degree, this is medium setting, when the bar is set at 90 degree this is when the ARB is at full force (ie hardest position).

Anyway, speak to u all Monday

What brand LOLA body? Mine is 'Frewer'. I saw car on your 'Whatshappin' site with top holes cut off front tower.

Angle of front bar is the flat sections, correct? So when at 90 degrees the bar is hardest because it resists bending more than when it is flat/softest setting? If so what is part# H0108B used for? Is it just for adjusting out any "inaccuracies" in the parts?

Thanks for the help and sorry for so many Questions.
SHARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:52 AM   #808
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder


I'm moody cause it's raining here unlike ozzyland where it's summer and you get to go play!!! Didn't you know the lack of sunshine makes one depressed? I don't know about Moon? Ever since he joined that Hardkore Racing team......How'd he get hooked up with people like NitroDrew in the USA anyway?

Alrighty! Thank you Novarossi. Finally some useful info. @ Moon.
So should I try the solid/solid?
Saw a yok with a solid front and gear diff handle pretty well on a tight track. Hmmmmm???

BTW I asked questions but don't get no answers, just like the HPI Forum.
Dear Mr Fok,

Before I can give you an answer on what you need to know about solid/gear diff, you need to tell us more about your car setup such as foam/rubber tire, body you use, the track, traction of the track etc. Otherwise, you are expecting open answers.

Rgds,

TiCore
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:55 AM   #809
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 98
Default Who's Who?

Who is who on this board? Whos Moon and who is W Fok? I am more than confused now

Moon = Manticore

W Fok = Sydewynder

Yeah?

Last edited by SHARP; 12-07-2001 at 01:59 AM.
SHARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:57 AM   #810
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Who's Who?

Quote:
Originally posted by SHARP
Who is who on this board? Whos Moon and who is W Fok? I am more than confused now
yeah who is that grand daddy Moon you guys are talking about?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:24 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net