Thumbs down

Originally posted by Ah10

?????? why??????
I USE A MINI RECEIVER !!!
Old 11-29-2001, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore

I USE A MINI RECEIVER !!!
Smart Ass I think I need to get one of these small reveiver! May be Hard Jokur could hook me up with an R1
Old 11-29-2001, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Smart Ass I think I need to get one of these small reveiver! May be Hard Jokur could hook me up with an R1
excuse ! hmm hmm !
Old 11-29-2001, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I was trying to find a cover that will work for receiver but still no luck! I might put a ballon over it! Thanks
I shrink wrap my reciever with battery shrink wrap.
Old 11-29-2001, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AsphaltAssasin

I shrink wrap my reciever with battery shrink wrap.
What if you need to change Crystal?
Old 11-29-2001, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Use a Novak XXtra sysnthesizer. It fits and you never need to change crystals.
Old 11-29-2001, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You can leave an opening over the crytal, just enough where you can change it if needed. I have mine shrinked wrapped and if I have to change it. I have to remove the radio tray anyway, so if I change it I wrap it up again and I keep a heat gun in my pit box also. I don't worry about fuel spills since I have it shrink wrapped.
Old 11-29-2001, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sydewynder
Use a Novak XXtra sysnthesizer. It fits and you never need to change crystals.
Do you know where can I buy one?? How much?? is it a pcm receiver? any site that I can read about it?? Thanks!
Old 11-29-2001, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Ultimate has them last time I looked for about $95. Yes it's pricey but when you add up the cost of crystals, 3 set will make up the difference between the XXtra and a regular receiver.
Sorry it's not a PCM receiver. I use a KO failsafe with mine and it works fine.
You can read about it here
Old 11-29-2001, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Ultimate has them last time I looked for about $95. Yes it's pricey but when you add up the cost of crystals, 3 set will make up the difference between the XXtra and a regular receiver.
Sorry it's not a PCM receiver. I use a KO failsafe with mine and it works fine.
You can read about it here
Thanks man! if that's the case do you know where can I buy just TX crystal in 27 band? and do you know how much do they run??
Old 11-29-2001, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

so how does that negative diff work?
Old 11-29-2001, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raffaelli
so how does that negative diff work?
There is a clutch inside the housing, when it spins fast enough then it will lock up the housing like a 2 speed tranny by then it will becomes a solid axle. But when it spins slow then the clutch will disengage and it will become a regular diff, depends on what weight of oil you put in there or lube.

Hope this will help!~
Old 11-29-2001, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

opps, i meant how is the performance.
Old 11-29-2001, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raffaelli
opps, i meant how is the performance.
I have posted driving impression, first run at Crystal Park and second run at Revelation. Please scroll down a page down or 2 you will find my post there!

Here is first review
Testing clutch diff and front oneway Round 1

left sweeper to straight away is very very stable and fast, towards the end of the straight away let go of the gas then turn then punch it again it's so smooth and stable it feels like driving an 1/8 onroad, very predictable.

Turns- I think I have some problem handling the diff and front oneway, one lap I did really really good, all the turns are so tight, I would say the most 8 to 10" off the board( whatever you call those thing), but another lap all the turns were too wide, like 3 to 4 feet off. I really dont know why but I will test it again tomorrow.

Breaking, adjust it to just drag the car slow and it works ok, have some stopping effect and it wont throw the car around.

I guess I need to play with the suspension set up a bit or may be try foam tires. Oh I was using Take Off 27.

Will try it again tomorrow, will let you guys know how it goes

Here is second review
Guys

Kawahara Negative Diff with Front Oneway review part 2

Continue from Yesterday review, Today I went to a different track in the city of Montclair, I am not sure the name of it but someone told me it's call Revolution.

Setting of my MTX today is:
Front Track: 197mm
Rear Track: 199mm
Front Ride Height: 4mm
Rear Ride Height: 5mm
Front Camber: 0
Front Toe: 0
Rear Camber: 1
Rear Toe: 3
Centex Clutch
Kawahara Negative Diff
Mugen Front oneway
Stock silver front spring
HPI Pink 272g/in rear spring

Tires, I am using Yokomo 32mm rear foam and 26mm front foam both firm(they work extremely good)

Today probably is the best day of my RC life, the car hooks up so good, traction is unbelieveable, right sweeper towards straight away is extremely stable. Here is the best part: roll in to right sweeper then gun it all the way through the end of straight away then let the car roll 25 feet towards the end then roll in a right turn. the car just screams all the way through the straight away.

Seems like the front oneway and the negative diff could really make rolling turns diameter decrease and it would pull the car out of cornors, all the turns are so tight now but the front still push a little bit kind of have to let go of gas earlier to make a perfect turn otherwise the car pushes the front may be I need different springs on the front.

Got a lot of compliments from a serpent guy, he might be one of those serpent team driver, man this guy is fast I mean really really fast! He complimented on the top end of the car and the can handles really good!

So that will make my day! car ran great, pretty much like it goes where I wanna it to go instead of fighting for traction and engine!
By the way engine was running in the neiborhood of 235~240
degree.

Planning to get Mugen Light Blue Springs for front and Purple for rear and decrease the rear toe to 2 or so(rear seems like have too much traction, front push a little bit

That will sum it up! if any of you guys have questions please shoot me a email, I am expecting suggestions on how to make it run better too! Thanks guys

Last edited by Ah10; 11-29-2001 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-29-2001, 06:49 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Wonder where Anton is getting his Kawahara stuff?
No, he has the stock 2 speed. If it fits as planned, the Kawahara should fit. (Don't see any reason why it shouldn't if you told me that the only mod was for the pin.)

If the stock Mugen clutch lines up, we have a match! Mugen Centax is next on the upgrade list. Then I'll have some weird hybrid car. Mugekomo!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.