R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-26-2001, 09:31 PM   #631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

There has been talk of an MTX-3 since the original MTX-2 came out. I don't think Mugen will change the car (or make an MTX-3) until Nitro TC becomes part of the IFMAR WC.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 09:39 PM   #632
Tech Elite

BTW,

The Pro does seem not to mesh as well as the original MTX-2. I run 18/22 + 48+43, regardless of how close second gear is meshed, 1st gear is too loose.

The only thing is that the pinions look like they will wear out alot quicker.
Old 11-26-2001, 09:57 PM   #633
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi
BTW,

The Pro does seem not to mesh as well as the original MTX-2. I run 18/22 + 48+43, regardless of how close second gear is meshed, 1st gear is too loose.

get the kyosho clutch bell pinions, they are the same and i can see that they are more resisting to wear. or you can get harden steel pinions too, they last forever !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 09:57 PM   #634
Tech Champion

Quote:
There has been talk of an MTX-3 since the original MTX-2 came out. I don't think Mugen will change the car (or make an MTX-3) until Nitro TC becomes part of the IFMAR WC.
agree !
Old 11-26-2001, 10:05 PM   #635
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

agree !
how r ya moon

Wern't HPI supposed to release a 'Competition' car ????

I think if anyone will bring out a newer car it would be Serpent. They seem to be doing alot of work on the Impluse over in Europe.

Last edited by Michael_T; 11-26-2001 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:33 PM   #636
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Testing clutch diff and front oneway Round 1

left sweeper to straight away is very very stable and fast, towards the end of the straight away let go of the gas then turn then punch it again it's so smooth and stable it feels like driving an 1/8 onroad, very predictable.

Turns- I think I have some problem handling the diff and front oneway, one lap I did really really good, all the turns are so tight, I would say the most 8 to 10" off the board( whatever you call those thing), but another lap all the turns were too wide, like 3 to 4 feet off. I really dont know why but I will test it again tomorrow.

Breaking, adjust it to just drag the car slow and it works ok, have some stopping effect and it wont throw the car around.

I guess I need to play with the suspension set up a bit or may be try foam tires. Oh I was using Take Off 27.

Will try it again tomorrow, will let you guys know how it goes
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 11:00 PM   #637
Tech Champion

Quote:

how r ya moon

Wern't HPI supposed to release a 'Competition' car ????

I think if anyone will bring out a newer car it would be Serpent. They seem to be doing alot of work on the Impluse over in Europe.
no no no, never serpent, impluse is expensive here. all of the improvement are considered as optional parts. not worth buying it. the V1R and MTX2 stock box performance is good already !
Old 11-26-2001, 11:01 PM   #638
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
Testing clutch diff and front oneway Round 1

left sweeper to straight away is very very stable and fast, towards the end of the straight away let go of the gas then turn then punch it again it's so smooth and stable it feels like driving an 1/8 onroad, very predictable.

Turns- I think I have some problem handling the diff and front oneway, one lap I did really really good, all the turns are so tight, I would say the most 8 to 10" off the board( whatever you call those thing), but another lap all the turns were too wide, like 3 to 4 feet off. I really dont know why but I will test it again tomorrow.

Breaking, adjust it to just drag the car slow and it works ok, have some stopping effect and it wont throw the car around.

I guess I need to play with the suspension set up a bit or may be try foam tires. Oh I was using Take Off 27.

Will try it again tomorrow, will let you guys know how it goes
keep us posted on your test. !!
Old 11-27-2001, 01:53 AM   #639
Tech Elite

-deleted duplicate-
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 01:53 AM   #640
Tech Elite

Quote:
BTW,

Take the engine out and open up the needed holes on the chassis to make the engine and gear mesh straight. I had to do that on the original chassis. Aren't the pro's Centax gears the same as the ones you can buy labeled as for the MRX?
Old 11-27-2001, 02:16 AM   #641
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

Take the engine out and open up the needed holes on the chassis to make the engine and gear mesh straight. I had to do that on the original chassis. Aren't the pro's Centax gears the same as the ones you can buy labeled as for the MRX?
Yeah they are the same. Only 2 differences :

1. Clutch Adjustment springs are different (MTX Pro softer)

2. Stock 17/20 pinions.
Old 11-27-2001, 02:25 AM   #642
Tech Elite

Quote:

get the kyosho clutch bell pinions, they are the same and i can see that they are more resisting to wear. or you can get harden steel pinions too, they last forever !

How much are Kyosho pinions in HK Moon?
Old 11-27-2001, 02:42 AM   #643
Tech Adept

Quote:

hi manticore!!
does both the 1st and 2nd gear kyosho pinion fit on mtx clutchbell?i have not try it but i think the 2nd gear has a larger thread to it...and by the way does the hardened steel pinion from kyosho also...if so how to differentiate between the normal one and the hardened steel ones??oh yah has anyone here tried using kyosho clutchbell on mtx coz they have a wider range on gears
thanks
wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 03:28 AM   #644
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by wiley

hi manticore!!
does both the 1st and 2nd gear kyosho pinion fit on mtx clutchbell?i have not try it but i think the 2nd gear has a larger thread to it...and by the way does the hardened steel pinion from kyosho also...if so how to differentiate between the normal one and the hardened steel ones??oh yah has anyone here tried using kyosho clutchbell on mtx coz they have a wider range on gears
thanks
yes mugen pinion and kyosho has same pitch and thread on them except:

kyosho pinions can be used on both kyosho and mugen clutch bell
mugen first pinion (smaller) can be used on both kyosho and mugen clutch bell
Mugen second pinion CANNOT be used on kyosho clutch bell.
Old 11-27-2001, 03:29 AM   #645
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

How much are Kyosho pinions in HK Moon?
kyosho pinion is half the price then that of MTX2 pinion here.