Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

novarossi - you know what im going to do next, get some 100k oil
Old 11-21-2001, 04:32 AM   #587
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi

WTF 4 degree front toe out!!!!!

I haven't run 100,000wt yet (already in, just not raced), if this works, will probably give the solid rear axle a go (will save some weight)

I was engine tuning the car for someone because nobody else could get it to run . Took it out for several laps. Wow lots of turn in. Hmmm kinda skiddish on the straight. Well I'm going pretty fast. Bring the car in to take a real look at the suspension. OMG ~4 degree front toe out. lol
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 04:36 AM   #588
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

I was engine tuning the car for someone because nobody else could get it to run . Took it out for several laps. Wow lots of turn in. Hmmm kinda skiddish on the straight. Well I'm going pretty fast. Bring the car in to take a real look at the suspension. OMG ~4 degree front toe out. lol
i am sure that the 4 degree toe out is not by intention. the stock turn buckle and ball cap dont work really well. threads easily skip and make the front toe inconsistent.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 04:44 AM   #589
Tech Elite

I know the toe out wasn't intentional. My friend said he Hudy'd it with his eyeballs when he was sleeping early in the morning. lol
Old 11-21-2001, 04:46 AM   #590
Tech Champion

Quote:
I know the toe out wasn't intentional. My friend said he Hudy'd it with his eyeballs when he was sleeping early in the morning. lol
oh yeah, i also have problem reading the mark especially on the camber/toe of the hudy tool ! i am getting eye sight problems !
Old 11-21-2001, 04:54 AM   #591
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

oh yeah, i also have problem reading the mark especially on the camber/toe of the hudy tool ! i am getting eye sight problems !

Actully his eyeballs WERE his Hudy equipment. lol
Old 11-21-2001, 06:41 AM   #592
Tech Addict

I didn't like the way the car drove with the solid rear either. I eventually settled on 50,000 in the rear running the the one-way front, and 10,000 rear/50,000 front for the smaller, tight tracks.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 06:45 AM   #593
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by tekrsq
I didn't like the way the car drove with the solid rear either. I eventually settled on 50,000 in the rear running the the one-way front, and 10,000 rear/50,000 front for the smaller, tight tracks.
the higher diff oil WT you use the bigger change you are drifting your car into corners unless you run it on a very high traction surface.
Old 11-21-2001, 06:47 AM   #594
Tech Champion

Quote:
where have you been TOMMY ???
Old 11-21-2001, 06:48 AM   #595
Tech Champion

Quote:

Actully his eyeballs WERE his Hudy equipment. lol
oh hahaha. he must have a finger used as an allen wrench !!
Old 11-21-2001, 08:40 AM   #596
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been using the solid rear and oneway for a while now. Turn in was a problem at first but I settled on TRC purple rear tires and 40 durometer ellegies mounted on my own rims on the front. as soon as I went to the ellegi front tires the steering got killer even on a small track.
front 198 MM
Rear 199.5MM
TRC purple rear 26 mm/w2 mm wheel spacer
Ellegi C40N on TRC front rims 26 mm /w2 mm wheel spacer(all ellegi 40's are the same)
TC3 purple front springs and a sway bar flat
TC3 gold rear springs rear and sway bar rear
front ride camber 1 degree
rear ride camber 1.2 degree
rear toe 2.0 to 2.5 per side
front toe out 1 degree per side
Centax with 17/21 on the pinions clutch very loose,lots of off corner snap
47/43 spurs
1mm or 3% overdrive on the tires
Alpha 156 body with all the wing I can get away with.
ride height 4 mm with the upstops set at 2 mm above ride height
Using the upstops will drastically change the car. downstops .5 MM before the car bottoms. on 61.5 MM tires front 60.5 MM rear
I'm not running the overdrive pulley. I'm cutting the rears slightly smaller at the moment.
RTU for power with a Novarossi 601 pipe on 35%. Header is the small one with 1/4 in cut off it.

Last edited by Motorman; 11-21-2001 at 08:49 AM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 08:43 AM   #597
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On the Hudy tools I heard a guy say he rubbed his wifes red lipstick across the lines on the plastic and then rubbed it into the grooves. I tried it it works. the lines are easy to see now.
Old 11-21-2001, 08:50 AM   #598
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
On the Hudy tools I heard a guy say he rubbed his wifes red lipstick across the lines on the plastic and then rubbed it into the grooves. I tried it it works. the lines are easy to see now.
great idea. I prefer rose red lipstick !!
Old 11-21-2001, 10:34 AM   #599
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

where have you been TOMMY ???
Anthony, the last couple of months I've been busy as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest!!!! I spent a couple of days in DC right after the attack and a couple in NY helping out. Once things settled down a litte, then they started bombarding all the Urban Search & Rescue teams with terrorisism training. I can't remember the last time I've had a full 24hrs to myself!! Been able to catch a few local races, but's that about it.

I've been watching you guys, but haven't had the time to try (and post results) of some of the things posted. Keep things quite on your side of the globe, I might need a place to stay when the shit hits the fan.

Later
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 10:40 AM   #600
Tech Champion

Quote:

Anthony, the last couple of months I've been busy as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest!!!! I spent a couple of days in DC right after the attack and a couple in NY helping out. Once things settled down a litte, then they started bombarding all the Urban Search & Rescue teams with terrorisism training. I can't remember the last time I've had a full 24hrs to myself!! Been able to catch a few local races, but's that about it.

I've been watching you guys, but haven't had the time to try (and post results) of some of the things posted. Keep things quite on your side of the globe, I might need a place to stay when the shit hits the fan.

Later
stay cool man, things will get alright