Mugen MTX-2

Reply

Old 11-12-2001, 09:20 PM
  #466  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Novarossi
Just want 3 hop-ups for the Pro :

1. Kawahara Graphite Upper Deck
2. Solid Rear Diff
3. Centre Bearing Block

Nothing else needed (expect for a victory speech )
where do you wnat to get them?
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:24 PM
  #467  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally posted by ryan
Sorry, I was confused too since I saw it in my HS listed as 'Torque Sensing Ball Differential' - I guess that was an err on their part. Here is a picture of the diff I've been talking about.

The 'gear side' of the diffs essentially looks just like the stock rear diff on the car. I packed it with the Mugen #30,000 that came with the kit. On the other side there are two black pieces that look very similar to the shoes we have in the Centax clutch, in a "C" shape. Supposedly, it works just like the stock rear-diff, then when it hits a certain RPM, it locks up and works like a solid-rear. I can't easily make out Kawahara's directions, as they are in Japanese, and I'm still unsure of how/if it can be tuned. There are two small holes on the outside of the 'shoe' housing - but they don't appear to be threaded so I don't know if they are for stop-screws (which weren't included in the kit anyways). Wondering if anyone is more familiar with this device.

Oh, as for the Kawahara upper deck - I could've sworn it looked exactly like the one in the picture - didn't know they made two models. It was at Castle Hobbies in San Jose California.
Ryan the K deck is the old one at Castle. Same one I have. The battery on the new one is suppose to be sandwiched between the receiver and the tank for more centered weight distribution.

Did you lube the K clutch diff with anything? Do not use petroleum based oil to lube it.. It will swell the O-ring and tighten up the diff making it really notchy.

I already told Eric V. to tell Ron H to get English translations for all the Kawahara stuff. The 2 shoe clutch type 2 speed is also difficult to understand if you have never put together a Serpent one. PITA for most people.

Do you plan on coming up to Delta on the 11/18? A lot of the RC Tech/Daly City people plan on going. I would like to see how your car performs with the new rear end.
Sydewynder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:26 PM
  #468  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by Novarossi
Just want 3 hop-ups for the Pro :

1. Kawahara Graphite Upper Deck
2. Solid Rear Diff
3. Centre Bearing Block

Nothing else needed (expect for a victory speech )
y Kawahara Graphite Deck? 5 stars deck is the best IMO...

y is there a need to use a hopup centre bearing block?
hurhur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:26 PM
  #469  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally posted by hurhur
just saw on the Kawahara site new stuff for the MTX2.
seems like derlin arms and suspension set. the hex adaptors seems longer too. made for a wider rear i guess.
Thank you Kawahara. About time for the Delrin suspension arms.
Sydewynder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:27 PM
  #470  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


where do you wnat to get them?
Japan?
hurhur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:28 PM
  #471  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by hurhur


Japan?
there are plenty of stores in USA keep kawahara stuffs. someone told me aussie stores keep them too !
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:30 PM
  #472  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

So Moon you're a VIP at Perfect Garage? Can I use your name next time I'm there and get a discount. I bought so much stuff there I should get a discount. Hmmm maybe you where there last time I was there and I didn't know it. lol
Sydewynder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:35 PM
  #473  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by Sydewynder


Thank you Kawahara. About time for the Delrin suspension arms.
did a translation with altavista..
its not delrin but nylon......sorry to dispoint u, Sydewynder
hurhur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:37 PM
  #474  
Tech Adept
 
Manbik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sin City
Posts: 142
Default

What's the URL Hurhur? The one I have does not list those items.
Manbik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:37 PM
  #475  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,103
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by hurhur


y Kawahara Graphite Deck? 5 stars deck is the best IMO...

y is there a need to use a hopup centre bearing block?
0% flex.

My friend has constent problems with side belt falling off. Pulleys and belt were replaced numerous times (about 6 times!), problem kept occuring. Replaced centre block, problem fixed.

When you think about it, that centre bearing block plays a major role in supporting the upper deck and determining the overall flex of the car - thats just my opinion.

ace-hobbies is the place I'll most likely get them, there internation shipping charges are reasonable.

Moon - kawahara parts in australia??? where?

Just a FYI,

My friend ran the Kawahara foams last meet, I ran the Fast foams. Both had similar wear, with NO chunking. If anyone can grab hold of the FAST foams, do so. I've been an Arrows man all my life, but after one meet, have sold off all my Arrows. The WC 1/8th Mugen ran 37 Fast tyres F+R just out of interest.
Michael_T is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:37 PM
  #476  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by Sydewynder
So Moon you're a VIP at Perfect Garage? Can I use your name next time I'm there and get a discount. I bought so much stuff there I should get a discount. Hmmm maybe you where there last time I was there and I didn't know it. lol
Manticore is a VIP in HKG. Everywhere he goes, he gets discounts.
Maybe he is just too sexy!!!
hurhur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:39 PM
  #477  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by Manbik
What's the URL Hurhur? The one I have does not list those items.
http://www.j-net-c.com/kawahara/main.htm

click on the left frame..the icon with the date 01.11.12. click on the MTX2 link on the next page
hurhur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:45 PM
  #478  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally posted by hurhur


did a translation with altavista..
its not delrin but nylon......sorry to dispoint u, Sydewynder

Sydewynder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 10:27 PM
  #479  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Sydewynder
So Moon you're a VIP at Perfect Garage? Can I use your name next time I'm there and get a discount. I bought so much stuff there I should get a discount. Hmmm maybe you where there last time I was there and I didn't know it. lol
oh well, i know 90% of the shops in mongkok but i only shop 2 to 3 shops. I do purchase stuff at PG but i dont know if they give me nice discount.
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 10:31 PM
  #480  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Novarossi


0% flex.

My friend has constent problems with side belt falling off. Pulleys and belt were replaced numerous times (about 6 times!), problem kept occuring. Replaced centre block, problem fixed.

When you think about it, that centre bearing block plays a major role in supporting the upper deck and determining the overall flex of the car - thats just my opinion.

ace-hobbies is the place I'll most likely get them, there internation shipping charges are reasonable.

Moon - kawahara parts in australia??? where?

Just a FYI,

My friend ran the Kawahara foams last meet, I ran the Fast foams. Both had similar wear, with NO chunking. If anyone can grab hold of the FAST foams, do so. I've been an Arrows man all my life, but after one meet, have sold off all my Arrows. The WC 1/8th Mugen ran 37 Fast tyres F+R just out of interest.
i've gorgot who told me so !!
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service