R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2002, 02:18 AM   #2641
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
For the rest of you. Now you know why I never ask these 2 for help.
You just asked Moon for help above

And I recall 2 years ago you asked me for help aswell!
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 02:49 AM   #2642
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi


You just asked Moon for help above

And I recall 2 years ago you asked me for help aswell!
If you read my post I didn't ask Manticore. I said I WAS going to but never did. He offered. What jealous that he's helping someone else?

As for you what did I ask you? Everytime I said something you seem to disappear from the thread and I go "OK I'm talking to a mirror again".
All I seem to remember was you asking me on droop for about 2 months and you still didn't believe me till someone else said the same thing.

Lately you have been sucking up to Manticore a lot. What exactly are you getting out of all this? A

Diss-claimer: It's all good. And yeah I'm dissing Novarossi. I'm sure he'll retaliate.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 09-05-2002 at 02:57 AM.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 03:03 AM   #2643
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder


If you read my post I didn't ask Manticore. I said I WAS going to but never did. He offered. What jealous that he's helping someone else?

As for you what did I ask you? Everytime I said something you seem to disappear from the thread and I go "OK I'm talking to a mirror again".
All I seem to remember was you asking me on droop for about 2 months and you still didn't believe me till someone else said the same thing.

Lately you have been sucking up to Manticore a lot. What exactly are you getting out of all this? A

Diss-claimer: It's all good. And yeah I'm dissing Novarossi. I'm sure he'll retaliate.
Remeber the topic you posted ages ago on the HPI forum, it was titled "What is the fastest motor for my grasshopper" and I answered

As I explained before Manticore and I have been under extreme pressure. Last night he stayed up until 3am test driving the new car and making final changes, in the past few weeks, we have grown into long-lost brothers
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 03:10 AM   #2644
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi


Remeber the topic you posted ages ago on the HPI forum, it was titled "What is the fastest motor for my grasshopper" and I answered

As I explained before Manticore and I have been under extreme pressure. Last night he stayed up until 3am test driving the new car and making final changes, in the past few weeks, we have grown into long-lost brothers
Oh yeah I remember. My mistake. I was only 12 then.


Now I know you're sucking up. Long-lost brothers? In another time and another place you would have said "My long-lost grandf......." nevermind.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 03:12 AM   #2645
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Oh well back to the MTX-2,3
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 03:20 AM   #2646
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

calm down ! calm down. now you all just bugging me for a prototype MTX3???? huh? I will consider that if you be a good boy !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 01:36 PM   #2647
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default help

how do i post a picture on here?
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 11:10 AM   #2648
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Thumbs up UP,

where it belongs.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 02:22 PM   #2649
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 191
Default Rebuilding a MT12

Hi,

I've just rebuilt an MT12, new rod, piston & liner.

I've run 1 tank on idle through the engine & it seems fine so far.


My question is about the conrod. Which way does the rod go re: the oil hole? Does it matter?

Before I start to thrash the engine I want to be sure I put it in the right way.

I read a post on another forum stating the oil hole should be to the front (flywheel end) of the engine?

Many Thanks in advance
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 03:03 PM   #2650
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

I read a post on another forum stating the oil hole should be to the front (flywheel end) of the engine?

thats correct
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 11:57 PM   #2651
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Melbourne, OZ
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC
Default

You should have the oil hole facing the direction of the crank intake. I think the theory is that it doesn't make a great deal of differece for the first installation, but if you remove it and then put it back in you should make sure it's in the same direction. The rod polishes the crank pin after run in.
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 02:26 AM   #2652
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Oil hole facing front for lubrication. Catching some of the fuel/oil as it leaves the crank.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 02:55 AM   #2653
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jordanc
You should have the oil hole facing the direction of the crank intake. I think the theory is that it doesn't make a great deal of differece for the first installation, but if you remove it and then put it back in you should make sure it's in the same direction. The rod polishes the crank pin after run in.
BIG NO NO put the hole facing the carb
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 01:12 PM   #2654
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 191
Default

Hi,

The hole cannot face the carb! its to the side!!

The hole can face the clutch bell OR the backplate.

Remember this is a MT12 with slide carb.


Its a NEW rod, piston & sleeve. I ran 1 tank on idle through the engine & THEN I remembered the hole issue!!!


I've got the backplate & the head off again & just want to know does the hole face the front (flywheel clutchbell direction) OR the back (backplate) direction.

Many Many thanks for your patience.
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 01:31 PM   #2655
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 679
Default

Toward the flywheel!!!!!
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net