R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-23-2002, 01:00 PM   #2371
Tech Adept

Default Reae solid axle

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

haha Ah10....welcome to the world of Lola and solid rear axle.......you can throw that negative diff of yours out the window now!!!!!!
Could someone please explain to me what the rear solid axle does?
Thank you very much!!
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 01:29 PM   #2372
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

It's solid, it ain't doin' nothin'

That was pretty good slang for a fereigner, including double negative, huh?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 06:54 PM   #2373
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Kickass,

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

haha Ah10....welcome to the world of Lola and solid rear axle.......you can throw that negative diff of yours out the window now!!!!!!
The solid rear is definetly better with the Lola bodies, but the negative diff is the s+++ for the TC bodies. In my opinion (stepping up on the soapbox) , THESE ARE TOURING CARS AND SHOULD RUN TOURING CAR BODIES!!!!!! If you want to run Lolas, then step to 1/8. (Stepping down now) But if you feel the need for a Lola on a touring car, then you got to go with the solid rear.

Last edited by tekrsq; 07-23-2002 at 06:56 PM.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:24 PM   #2374
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Reae solid axle

Quote:
Originally posted by Pepe

Could someone please explain to me what the rear solid axle does?
Thank you very much!!
Locks the rear wheels together so you do not have any diff action at all. As to the difference in handling...thats a little to put in words.....I'll let someone else do that!

Essentially, the driving style is totally different...the more gas you give the better it turns!! Sort of like ...seeing your car heading for the outer barrier so you give it more gas to turn better ie. the reverse of what you would normally do!!

Once you have mastered it you will never go back! Not too good for small tight tracks because the car can feel a little' dead' on tight corners.....just remember...be BRAVE!!!

I'm sure Manticore can do better with the description...he was the one that 'corrupted' me into the ways of the solid shaft!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:26 PM   #2375
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Kickass,

Quote:
Originally posted by tekrsq

The solid rear is definetly better with the Lola bodies, but the negative diff is the s+++ for the TC bodies. In my opinion (stepping up on the soapbox) , THESE ARE TOURING CARS AND SHOULD RUN TOURING CAR BODIES!!!!!! If you want to run Lolas, then step to 1/8. (Stepping down now) But if you feel the need for a Lola on a touring car, then you got to go with the solid rear.

errr..... true!! but we're just here to have FUN.........Solid axle + Lola shell is cheaper than buying 1/8...assuming you have a track to run it in the first place!!
Old 07-24-2002, 01:25 AM   #2376
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Reae solid axle

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

Locks the rear wheels together so you do not have any diff action at all. As to the difference in handling...thats a little to put in words.....I'll let someone else do that!

Essentially, the driving style is totally different...the more gas you give the better it turns!! Sort of like ...seeing your car heading for the outer barrier so you give it more gas to turn better ie. the reverse of what you would normally do!!

Once you have mastered it you will never go back! Not too good for small tight tracks because the car can feel a little' dead' on tight corners.....just remember...be BRAVE!!!

I'm sure Manticore can do better with the description...he was the one that 'corrupted' me into the ways of the solid shaft!!!
You made me being seen as evil !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 03:30 AM   #2377
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Reae solid axle

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

You made me being seen as evil !!
Oh definately..... I was just a sweet innocent rear diff driver and then Big Bad Manticore came along!!!!! hahahaha.......
Old 07-24-2002, 09:47 AM   #2378
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

Ha Ha Ha I like that! especially the Solid Shaft word! ka ka! my cheek is starting to hurt now!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 09:54 AM   #2379
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Reae solid axle

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10

Ha Ha Ha I like that! especially the Solid Shaft word! ka ka! my cheek is starting to hurt now!
your 'dirty mind' is working OT again!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 10:03 AM   #2380
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Exclamation Kewl Stuff

Ok Guys, I am going to show you some really kewl stuff!

Here they are!

Last edited by Ah10; 07-24-2002 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:11 AM   #2381
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Adios1 Send a message via Yahoo to Adios1

Ah10!! Where can I get that??????

Angel
Adios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 10:33 AM   #2382
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Adios1
Ah10!! Where can I get that??????

Angel
This is just a prototype, once we have the full kit I will let all of you guys know!
Just bear with me please!
Old 07-24-2002, 10:53 AM   #2383
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

Hey,
Thank you all for the info on the "solid shaft". I think I don't need it because I race in a small track and don't use "lolita" body (that means little lola in spanish).
Old 07-24-2002, 10:59 AM   #2384
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
That was pretty good slang for a fereigner, including double negative, huh?
Stefan,
I did that intentionally, I was preety sure (still am) that many people pay more attention to the things with mistakes (ask sydewynder )

BTW, Ilike yours too. And YES!! I got color, FASTKOLOR.
Later
Old 07-24-2002, 11:01 AM   #2385
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10

This is just a prototype, once we have the full kit I will let all of you guys know!
Just bear with me please!
Ah10,
That looks really cool, but how much weight are you adding to your car with that "kewl stuff"?