R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2002, 05:38 AM   #1996
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Tweak fixing

Quote:
Originally posted by Pepe


Do you guys know where to get good directions on how to use the tweak station correctly??
thanks
there is little information about tweak station. but after all it is easy to use and it is all about shock/spring preload setting.

http://www.rcracenews.co.uk/articles/axistweak.html
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 05:54 AM   #1997
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada.
Posts: 484
Default Centax Clutch

Can someone tell me how to adjust the Centax clutch on the Pro-Spec. I just bought the car used and have no clue. How do I make it engage earlier/later?
rcpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 05:58 AM   #1998
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Centax Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by rcpilot
Can someone tell me how to adjust the Centax clutch on the Pro-Spec. I just bought the car used and have no clue. How do I make it engage earlier/later?
there are plenty of information about centax at

www.rctek.com

the centax clutch that is serpent but the way to adjust is the same.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 06:10 AM   #1999
Tech Regular
 
RC Nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NN Virginia
Posts: 432
Default

manticore:
I tried the droop, and dropped the ride height .5mm rear. Had to raise the front .5mm due to bumps in one area. Droop helped, but need more. rear is real loose. Not ready to run foams yet as I am campaining 2 cars at once. bit of work. Toe is at -2 already rear and -3 on camber. tires are feather edging on the inside track so I am getting level bite.
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 06:27 AM   #2000
Tech Regular
 
nova racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ypsilanti MI
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Nitro
manticore:
I tried the droop, and dropped the ride height .5mm rear. Had to raise the front .5mm due to bumps in one area. Droop helped, but need more. rear is real loose. Not ready to run foams yet as I am campaining 2 cars at once. bit of work. Toe is at -2 already rear and -3 on camber. tires are feather edging on the inside track so I am getting level bite.
If your tires feather then you need to run a harder compound. That sign is that the tires are over heating and causing a loose condition from the tires natural oils rising to the tire surface. It does not sound right but trust me it is the truth. i have spent many a day fighting that until i got the tire tec tip from a SCCA trans am racer friend of mine. then if you set the camber to wear the tire in the center of the tire you will have maximum contact patch and silly grip
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 07:17 AM   #2001
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Nitro
manticore:
I tried the droop, and dropped the ride height .5mm rear. Had to raise the front .5mm due to bumps in one area. Droop helped, but need more. rear is real loose. Not ready to run foams yet as I am campaining 2 cars at once. bit of work. Toe is at -2 already rear and -3 on camber. tires are feather edging on the inside track so I am getting level bite.
looks like you have too little droop in the rear. try to release the droop screw in the rear. i.e. shock travel all the way. Your rear end loose is due to not enought droop.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 07:37 AM   #2002
Tech Regular
 
nova racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ypsilanti MI
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


looks like you have too little droop in the rear. try to release the droop screw in the rear. i.e. shock travel all the way. Your rear end loose is due to not enought droop.
too much droop in the rear will cause the rear to be loose upon deceleration or corner entry. because too much weight is transfered to the front tires.
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 07:40 AM   #2003
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nova racer
too much droop in the rear will cause the rear to be loose upon deceleration or corner entry. because too much weight is transfered to the front tires.
Oh I see, so what is the best setting for a low traction and bumpy parking lot ? I am waiting to see insight from you, my friend !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 07:59 AM   #2004
Tech Regular
 
nova racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ypsilanti MI
Posts: 292
Default

well start with 50wt shock oil and if the car seems to bounce on the bumpy section of the track then go lighter. If the car seems slugish and doesent respond well go higher. As for droop use is to keep weight transfer in check. If your car seems to push during breaking then increase rear droop, If it is loose during breaking decreasr rear droop. If the car is loose on accleration increase front droop, if the car pushes during accleration decrease front droop. Now this is for fine tuning not to say that it replaces shock oil and spring or angle settings. now if you notice that while your cars suspention droops so far that the springs do not touch the adjustment collar then that is of no use the droop should never droop that far because it will cause the car to be harder to turn consistant laps
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 08:01 AM   #2005
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nova racer
well start with 50wt shock oil and if the car seems to bounce on the bumpy section of the track then go lighter. If the car seems slugish and doesent respond well go higher. As for droop use is to keep weight transfer in check. If your car seems to push during breaking then increase rear droop, If it is loose during breaking decreasr rear droop. If the car is loose on accleration increase front droop, if the car pushes during accleration decrease front droop. Now this is for fine tuning not to say that it replaces shock oil and spring or angle settings. now if you notice that while your cars suspention droops so far that the springs do not touch the adjustment collar then that is of no use the droop should never droop that far because it will cause the car to be harder to turn consistant laps
I hear you NovaRacer ...................
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 08:16 AM   #2006
Tech Regular
 
nova racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ypsilanti MI
Posts: 292
Default

kool
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 08:36 AM   #2007
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


Oh I see, so what is the best setting for a low traction and bumpy parking lot ? I am waiting to see insight from you, my friend !
NovaRacer,

My question repeated above.

However, I find a better answer to my question here
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 02:41 PM   #2008
Tech Master
 
eddiethefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montebello, California
Posts: 1,658
Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
New to MTX-2

Dear All,

I've just purchased a MTX-2 Sport Package, which comes with RS12 T--bought at Elite Hobby Shop for $520. This is my second car next to the HPI RS4 RTR3. I know I've learned the hard way by spending a lot of money on hop ups for that car and in turn did not yield a good results. It just was built for handling at fast speed! Anyway, I'll be posting questions concurrently with the time I'm building my MTX-2, should I ever have some difficulties. Hope it'll be a fun experience. By the way, I've found this site from the link in HPI forum. Tomek From: Tierra Verde, FL told about it.

Regards,

eddie
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 03:22 PM   #2009
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: New to MTX-2

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
Dear All,

I've just purchased a MTX-2 Sport Package, which comes with RS12 T--bought at Elite Hobby Shop for $520. This is my second car next to the HPI RS4 RTR3. I know I've learned the hard way by spending a lot of money on hop ups for that car and in turn did not yield a good results. It just was built for handling at fast speed! Anyway, I'll be posting questions concurrently with the time I'm building my MTX-2, should I ever have some difficulties. Hope it'll be a fun experience. By the way, I've found this site from the link in HPI forum. Tomek From: Tierra Verde, FL told about it.

Regards,

eddie
I have a MTX-2 too! and I run my mugen at Crystal Park Raceway! may be if you need help come out there I might be able to help!

Oh I have posted some images of my ride on previous page just scroll down a bit!

Last edited by Ah10; 06-06-2002 at 04:04 PM.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 03:49 PM   #2010
Tech Master
 
eddiethefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montebello, California
Posts: 1,658
Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Smile

Dear Ah10,

Being at Crystal Park is the reason why I bought this MTX-2. I was the only one there with HPI RS4 RTR3. Even with 2-Speed, the car was very slow compare to others who had OB4, MTX-2, Impulse. Once I finish assemble my car, I'll be there. Thank you in advance. I surely will learn a lot from you.

Best regards,

eddie
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:24 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net