R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-22-2002, 09:57 AM   #1741
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Foams

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Nitro
I made the main yesterday only to have rain stop the show. Car was tight most of the day. Prospec with gear diff (10,000) and negitave diff in the rear. Running 42 shore all around. Front plowed bad Track was very tight and dusty. Switched to purple front (40 shore??) and tire tack. This helped some what. Purple springs helped more. Looking for a recomendations on some foams. All we have local is Treadz, 42's No 40's Thought about trying 37 & 35 front...... would this work?

Also what is the differance between the front and rear foams?? Both are 26mm

TIA
first of all, front 40sh is different from rear 40sh!

I am currently using 40sh front with 45sh rear tires and most of the ppl call me crazy but it works good for me! I have notice using such combo on my car's set up gives me much more steering responds expecially doing those tight hairpins, S-curve(hard left then hard right). Tire wear seems really good! a set of front 40sh last me at least 4 weekends of hard running!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 10:07 AM   #1742
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Re: Foams

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10

first of all, front 40sh is different from rear 40sh!

I am currently using 40sh front with 45sh rear tires and most of the ppl call me crazy but it works good for me! I have notice using such combo on my car's set up gives me much more steering responds expecially doing those tight hairpins, S-curve(hard left then hard right). Tire wear seems really good! a set of front 40sh last me at least 4 weekends of hard running!
4 weekends!!! thats a lot!!!! How much fuel are you getting through??? I worked out that I can managed about 2 litres of fuel for fronts and 1 litre for rears...both 40sh. That equates to about 26 and 13 tanks of fuel...or 2 weekends for front and 1 weekend for rear!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 10:08 AM   #1743
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer

I just love huge stingers.......................... When they write turbo on the pipe it just has gotta be fast.
Sure looks nice....when it is still new!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 05:20 PM   #1744
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

Sure looks nice....when it is still new!!!!!!
The pipe in the picture is the actual pipe that I have!! Terence from rcmodel.com.hk send me the one he take the picture of It almost looks too nice to use. Almost
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:54 PM   #1745
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

tekrsq,thanks for address and everyone else..thanks
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:55 PM   #1746
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Re: Re: Foams

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

4 weekends!!! thats a lot!!!! How much fuel are you getting through??? I worked out that I can managed about 2 litres of fuel for fronts and 1 litre for rears...both 40sh. That equates to about 26 and 13 tanks of fuel...or 2 weekends for front and 1 weekend for rear!!!
Each weekend I run about 8 to 10 tanks, so about 750cc or so! also the track that I am running has very high traction too and it kind of save tires!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 05:26 AM   #1747
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Foams

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10

Each weekend I run about 8 to 10 tanks, so about 750cc or so! also the track that I am running has very high traction too and it kind of save tires!
You are doing very well on the rear tires!!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 05:28 AM   #1748
dtm
Tech Champion

Manticore- Saw something new in that shop we both love!!! Man Lee..... he has the front butterfly VDS body mount plate like the RR for the MTX2 made by Kawa......first time I've seen this option!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 05:33 AM   #1749
Tech Regular

Ah10: Thanks for the info!! I just ordered some more tires. 37 & 40 shore fronts and 42 shore rears. Like you I like a harder rear compound. I do not like a tight rear for my style of "driving"

Thanks again
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 09:55 AM   #1750
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Manticore- Saw something new in that shop we both love!!! Man Lee..... he has the front butterfly VDS body mount plate like the RR for the MTX2 made by Kawa......first time I've seen this option!!!
is there such an option by Kawa? its not listed on their website and they do update their page constantly.
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 10:01 AM   #1751
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Never want to go to that shop !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 10:12 AM   #1752
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default Negative diff

i have mine built but it will only lock on acceleration not if onne wheel spins is this correct?? as i see it if the left wheel is still and the right wheel spins the diff will not lock only whenn the diff is rotating at high speed will the shoes lock
Whats your theories??
Old 04-23-2002, 10:34 AM   #1753
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur

is there such an option by Kawa? its not listed on their website and they do update their page constantly.
It was the first time I have seen it (not that I take too much notice of MTX options now-a-days!)...but I will get the P/N next time!
Old 04-23-2002, 10:38 AM   #1754
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

Never want to go to that shop !
haha...you have the same opinion as well....I normally send CC in but his in France!!!!!

Don't like the place because we went in once and asked for the price of a KO 2001 servo...first time he said $450.....we did a usual round of MK and then went back to buy (well KY was buying)...he then came back with a price of $500...saying that he did not say $450 before hand!!!!! there was 4 of us, 4 pairs of ears....and we are all deaf!!???!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 10:44 AM   #1755
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Negative diff

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
i have mine built but it will only lock on acceleration not if onne wheel spins is this correct?? as i see it if the left wheel is still and the right wheel spins the diff will not lock only whenn the diff is rotating at high speed will the shoes lock
Whats your theories??
No theories.....but it will lock if your left wheel spins fast enough. Normally this will not happen when running the car because the normal action of the diff will not generate enough speed for it to lock. However, if you put a drill to one of the outdrivers it will lock!!

Its all about how quickly you can spin that plate the clutch shoes mount on! whether it be via the rotation of the entire unit or the rotation generated with the differential action.

PS. don't try the drill trick....chances are the gears cannot cope with that speed!!!!