R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2002, 03:00 PM   #1636
Tech Regular
 
carpet_killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: k town,tn.
Posts: 260
Default to ah10 , and the rest of the guys that gave me building support.

those pics were for you. thanks alot guys for the info...
carpet_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 05:28 PM   #1637
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Nitro
I prefer the lola body over the 4 door sedan's. 4 door car is not a race car to me. I run the BMW LMR on my super, and Porsche 962 on my vector. I have already ordered the Lola body and mounts for mine. Want to get rid of the stratus body. JMO on the bodies. Tekrsq , where do you run in Richmond? I run at Debbies in Va Beach
Nothing wrong with different opinions, it makes the world more interesting. I have nothing against the lola and other "wedge bodies", just they don't belong on a touring car. I just feel if I wanted to race a wedge, I'd buy a MRX3. And I think the spectators would get bored watching 4 or 5 classes that all look the same. Variety is the spice of life, lol.

Anyway, I run at Hobby Corner on Hull St. I've been to Debbie's a few times a couple of years ago.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 07:15 PM   #1638
Tech Regular
 
RC Nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NN Virginia
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tekrsq


Nothing wrong with different opinions, it makes the world more interesting.
Quote:
I have nothing against the lola and other "wedge bodies", just they don't belong on a touring car. I just feel if I wanted to race a wedge, I'd buy a MRX3. And I think the spectators would get bored watching 4 or 5 classes that all look the same. Variety is the spice of life, lol.
agreed on the varity. Tired of the same old touring cars. Prefer muscle cars, but these bodys do not work well. Tried the vector, to much car for me to be honest

Quote:
Anyway, I run at Hobby Corner on Hull St. I've been to Debbie's a few times a couple of years ago.
Have a good one!
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 07:24 PM   #1639
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: to ah10 , and the rest of the guys that gave me building support.

Quote:
Originally posted by carpet_killa
those pics were for you. thanks alot guys for the info...

You are very welcome! I mean it's sad to know you have to let go of your car!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 09:24 PM   #1640
Tech Regular
 
carpet_killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: k town,tn.
Posts: 260
Default re;

hopefully things will pan out soon, but as they say sometimes [email protected] happens sometimes...i will be back though....
carpet_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 11:04 PM   #1641
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: re;

Quote:
Originally posted by carpet_killa
hopefully things will pan out soon, but as they say sometimes [email protected] happens sometimes...i will be back though....
I hope so! hope everything is under control and come back soon!

check on this forum from time to time! stay in touch!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 09:29 AM   #1642
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

any of u have any tricks to repair dented tuned pipes? i only know of the ice expansion technique.....anyone has tried this and have other better methods of doing so?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 11:15 AM   #1643
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 119
Send a message via AIM to VinDollar Send a message via Yahoo to VinDollar
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur
any of u have any tricks to repair dented tuned pipes? i only know of the ice expansion technique.....anyone has tried this and have other better methods of doing so?


The ice trick works well for a dent near the stinger and depending on how bad the dent is you may have to repeat more than once to get it back to form. The only down side is that if you get hit more than a couple of times. the technique will expand your diameter of the pipe bigger than it original size.
VinDollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 08:42 PM   #1644
Tech Rookie
 
Tomek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Tierra Verde, Florida, USA
Posts: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Tomek
Default

During my 30 minute main I had a problem with my 2nd gear. It would not engage from time to time, the car would just slow down while engine was reving up. What happened and how can I fix it?

Thanks
Tomek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 12:12 AM   #1645
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomek
During my 30 minute main I had a problem with my 2nd gear. It would not engage from time to time, the car would just slow down while engine was reving up. What happened and how can I fix it?

Thanks
it is due to the failure of your 2speed oneway bearing. Dont ever clean or lube it by all mean. It doesnt require any maintenance at all. If you need to lube it, dont use heavy grease but very thin liquid base lube.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 04:07 AM   #1646
Tech Regular
 
RC Nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NN Virginia
Posts: 432
Diff Oil

Can someone enlighten me on the reasons to change the diff oil to heavy/lighter grease. The tracks I am running on are short and tight. I took the oneway out and installed a gear diff with 3000 oil. One of the other racers told me to run 30,000 in the front diff. Will this help me at all and why or why not?
Confused. I realize that the thicker viscosity will resist fluid movement and tend to be stiff.

Thanks
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 04:53 AM   #1647
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 14
Default Re: Diff Oil

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Nitro
Can someone enlighten me on the reasons to change the diff oil to heavy/lighter grease. The tracks I am running on are short and tight. I took the oneway out and installed a gear diff with 3000 oil. One of the other racers told me to run 30,000 in the front diff. Will this help me at all and why or why not?
Confused. I realize that the thicker viscosity will resist fluid movement and tend to be stiff.

Thanks
If your front diff oil is too light, your car will tend to over-steer
and make it harder to control at speed. Using the heavier front diff oil will prevent the over-powering at the rear and make the car more stable ( more under-steer) and therefore easier to drive.

I talked to an ex-designer at Neo Racing and he thinks the rear suspension of MTX-2 makes the car tend to loose its tail or over-steer, and that's way Mugen spec 30,000 front and very light 5000 for the rear, to combat the tendency to over-steer...

Also, the stock rear springs are the softest and the front are the hardest, this dramatic setup is used to compensate having a loose rear end as well.

Last edited by yokomoracer; 04-08-2002 at 05:03 AM.
yokomoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 10:23 AM   #1648
Tech Regular
 
RC Nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NN Virginia
Posts: 432
Default Re: Re: Diff Oil

Quote:
Originally posted by yokomoracer


If your front diff oil is too light, your car will tend to over-steer
and make it harder to control at speed. Using the heavier front diff oil will prevent the over-powering at the rear and make the car more stable ( more under-steer) and therefore easier to drive.

I talked to an ex-designer at Neo Racing and he thinks the rear suspension of MTX-2 makes the car tend to loose its tail or over-steer, and that's way Mugen spec 30,000 front and very light 5000 for the rear, to combat the tendency to over-steer...

Also, the stock rear springs are the softest and the front are the hardest, this dramatic setup is used to compensate having a loose rear end as well.
Thanks for the info. I will try the 30,000 in the front. Toward the end of the day racing yesterday I was getting loose and it was getting progressivly worse in the main. Lots of oversteer. Thanks again
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 10:34 AM   #1649
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

I use a front oneway together with a solid rear axle for a medium but tight in field track. The setup works pretty good !

The setting of the car's performance is not partcularly depends on one or two settings. Try different setup such as shock position, springs, caster/camber etc.

I will not go for 30000 in front if i have to use diff !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 11:24 AM   #1650
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Kawahara negative diff

Guys,

my Kawahara diff locked up on me yesterday. I built it w/o the white plastic washers as people recommended here, instead I used the metal washers from Mugen.

I use white Lithium grease and it feels very smooth.
After it locked up, I worked it a little bit and became free again.

Everybody else had a problem like this?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net