Mugen MTX-2

Reply

Old 03-26-2002, 07:01 PM
  #1546  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by VinDollar


Sorry that i didn't get it to you sooner. Just catching up on the posting. Here's the website for powerline. My lhs push their products pretty hard.

http://www.powerlineracing.com/
i am sure most of their MTX2 hop ups are from racing jack while the upper deck is from GPM.
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 07:04 PM
  #1547  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by VinDollar


Sorry that i didn't get it to you sooner. Just catching up on the posting. Here's the website for powerline. My lhs push their products pretty hard.

http://www.powerlineracing.com/
and the one piece heatsink engine mount for V1R is exactly the same as the GPM
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 09:12 PM
  #1548  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Ah10- that's what I do. I put the Raytec right up on the glow plug. I saw 250 one time and got nervous. It seems though guys are saying this isn't unusual so I'll go with this.
Isaac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 09:35 AM
  #1549  
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Default

Originally posted by Isaac
Ah10- that's what I do. I put the Raytec right up on the glow plug. I saw 250 one time and got nervous. It seems though guys are saying this isn't unusual so I'll go with this.
Oh one more thing, if you are running low on fuel in your tank the temp tends to get higher!
Ah10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 09:37 AM
  #1550  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 188
Default

Originally posted by Ah10


I run Ellegi 26mm 40/42 shore front and Yokomo 32mm 45 shore rear, no rub! and handles good too!
Ah10, did you do any modification to use 26mm tires in the front? when i se them, the tires rub to the car. Also, how come do you use 32 in the rear?
Does anyone know waht to do to use 28mm in the rear? because I know it is not ROAR legal more than that...

Last edited by Pepe; 03-27-2002 at 09:42 AM.
Pepe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:25 AM
  #1551  
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Default

Originally posted by Pepe


Ah10, did you do any modification to use 26mm tires in the front? when i se them, the tires rub to the car. Also, how come do you use 32 in the rear?
Does anyone know waht to do to use 28mm in the rear? because I know it is not ROAR legal more than that...
Actually I didnt have any modification to use 26mm tires in front, if you have a prospec there is a 1mm washer in between the pin and bearing and it will push the hex hub 1mm outward and it will solve the rubbing problem!

Speaking of wider rear tires, if you have to maintain the width of the car within 200mm then you will need to get Kawahara rear conversion, the lower are is shorter then stock.

I found out the Yokomo 32mm with Ellegi 26mm front are the best combo for my taste, enough rearend traction and yet both front and rear tires last forever! Oh I am using 40sh front and 45 shore rear and it is 2:1 ratio(2 sets of rear and 1 set of front), each set of rear foam tires can last me 3 to 4 full days running.
Ah10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:34 AM
  #1552  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Which Yokomo rears are you using? Multi ring? Firm? Hard? Med-firm? Also are you using a harder shore in the rear? If so why as I thought we should use a softer tire.

http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/108.html
Isaac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:51 AM
  #1553  
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Default

Originally posted by Isaac
Which Yokomo rears are you using? Multi ring? Firm? Hard? Med-firm? Also are you using a harder shore in the rear? If so why as I thought we should use a softer tire.

http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/108.html

I have used both Multi-ring and the regular, the one that I am using is L compound 32mm Hard.

Yes you read it right, I am using harder compound at the rear. This is all about set up, most ppl dont have enough rear traction in the rear so they tend to use softer compound in the rear to compensate. But on my car set up I have enough rear traction so I am using 45sh. Also I could have used 45sh up front too but I like the initial turn in respond quicker so I am using 40sh up front!

I have posted my set up in this thread you can go back a few pages or if you want PM me and I will send you my set up!
Ah10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 12:05 PM
  #1554  
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Default

Originally posted by Isaac
Which Yokomo rears are you using? Multi ring? Firm? Hard? Med-firm? Also are you using a harder shore in the rear? If so why as I thought we should use a softer tire.

http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/108.html
You've Got Mail!
Ah10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:02 PM
  #1555  
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Default

Calling Ketchup_GSR Calling Ketchup_GSR Calling Ketchup_GSR Calling Ketchup_GSR Calling Ketchup_GSR Calling Ketchup_GSR

You've Got Mail!
Ah10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:07 PM
  #1556  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yea I saw it. I went back and saw the set up as well.

I don't know Ah10 like you said it's a set up that works for you. I race on a lot of "electric" sized tracks. I have a one way (took it out) but I'm not sure if it's need for the tracks I will race on. I will be trying it though. Guys don't understand about letting off the gas and coasting through a turn then ripping out. They might hit me in the rear flying up to me then braking at the last minute. I might try the neg. rear diff. I bet that's why you have so much rear traction or one of the reasons.
Isaac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:24 PM
  #1557  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 11
Default

How smooth are you cars? I mean how much does it roll when you let off the gas? I read when i was building mine that it should roll 5 feet with a good push. I can't seem to get that and I've looked throughout the entire drivetrain for places where it rubs....
ketchup_gsr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:30 PM
  #1558  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

My car will roll (with a good push ) about 3 to 5 feet. When it's running; whoa! It will slow down to some degree but it better be set up (ie. shock, camber, ect.) for the turns because it's still moving fast. Yes when I hit the brakes it stops period. For that push make sure your brakes are free as possible. That's pushing it not while running it !
Isaac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 02:03 PM
  #1559  
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Default

Originally posted by ketchup_gsr
How smooth are you cars? I mean how much does it roll when you let off the gas? I read when i was building mine that it should roll 5 feet with a good push. I can't seem to get that and I've looked throughout the entire drivetrain for places where it rubs....

Check all the bearings including the mid shaft block bearings! also if your side belt tentioner is too tight then it wont roll far too!
Ah10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 07:25 PM
  #1560  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by Ah10


Actually I didnt have any modification to use 26mm tires in front, if you have a prospec there is a 1mm washer in between the pin and bearing and it will push the hex hub 1mm outward and it will solve the rubbing problem!

Speaking of wider rear tires, if you have to maintain the width of the car within 200mm then you will need to get Kawahara rear conversion, the lower are is shorter then stock.
ah10,
without modification to the prospec, can we mount 32mm to the rear without rubbing? if i heck about the width of the car that is.
hurhur is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service