Wiki Posts
Search

RC PRO SERIES COMES TO NEW YORK ENTRY FORM NOW AVAILABLE

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sns820
not sure what you meant but my car was super fast all weekend car was super smooth and ultra reliable,I didn't really have any bad hits but a few taps here and there and the car just laughed.I wasn't running any fancy hop ups aside from the front cvds,i wasn't even using the wide front bumper or the harder foam(although the track is slightly forgiving as the only secure walls are around the perimeter).The car was able to run with any of the other mentioned cars even though I was slightly under powered compared to the other cars.One thing I can tell you is that most people at this race have had ample amount of time with there cars (have been running them for a while )as I had just got this car and had about three practice sessions at this track.so I guess what I am getting is out of the box this kit is highly capable at running at high levels as I only made minimal changes from the original set up
Hey Sal .... the bottom line you can wheel a car.

I heard stories about the pit crew letting you down, but as you and i both know it can only get better.

This was my first time running a 25min main, then a 45min in 1/8th scale to finish 4th in the A main after the bump up. I had a lot to think about and learned alot during the process. With less than one week with the MRX4-R I'll take 4th place any day, as the competition was stiff.

I would like to also thank Chavo AKA "NitroHead", for introducing me to the best flue I have used thus far..TORNADO FUEL. & it don't take a rocket scientist to figure that out... LOOK OUT THE TORNADO is coming through.

Last edited by Drew_Cat; 06-26-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Drew,

I need to thank you and the countless others discovering the truth that is tornado. Looking forward to turning some tornado hot laps with you soon!

Chavo
Old 06-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Results from the Northeast Round 2 are posted HERE
Old 06-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Carlton, thanks for bringing the RC Pro Series to New York City. Rick and Greg are working their butts off trying to get the Floyd Bennett Field track going, and this is the shot in the arm they needed.

When I was there on Saturday the general mood in the pits was screw the BS let's go racing! Everyone was patient with the little bugs with the computer, and everyone was respecting Steve (wish they would do that for a club race). A good race isn't possible without good racers.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
Everyone was patient with the little bugs with the computer, and everyone was respecting Steve (wish they would do that for a club race). A good race isn't possible without good racers.
The atmosphere at Floyd is changing and the club racing is better. Drivers are becoming more educated and learning what it takes to run a good race program thanks Rick/Greg and the rest of the fanatic race crew. Holding big races like this is good for everyone. Plus many of us are traveling to 301 and learning from them as well. Little by little we are getting on the map!!!!!!

Gael
Old 06-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Guys

I just want to say that I had a good time with everyone at the track this last weekend. Rick and Greg ,the whole crew made me feel welcome and listened to the suggestions that were given. All the racers listened and took the right actions to bring their car in line at tech. The racing was great and Ted did his normal great job on the mic. RC Pro is happy to hold races at tracks like this that share our additude about racing. Good luck and good racing.

Steve
Old 06-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone have any pictures of the event? I was unable to go.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Check the RC Pro Onroad main page I have a link there for Rick Hill's pic album from this event. It also has some videos in the album.
http://nitroonroad.rcprosites.com
Old 06-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Awesome! Thanks!