Community
Wiki Posts
Search

motonica-2wd pan...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Default motonica-2wd pan...........

http://www.redrc.net/2007/02/motonica-p80-classic-2wd/ Who thinks this would make a good class? Maybe 1/8 class would get bigger if more cars like this were produced. You could even spec out an OS .21VG which is like a 150.00 dollar motor...
Old 05-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great!! Another class!! The last thing the racing side of this hobbie needs is more classes, this thing and the Serpent F1. We need to stop diluting the classes, people cant run more than 2 classes, a lot of them cant run more than one. What you end up with is smaller fields.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gotta agree with nitrodude , already too many classes .
Old 05-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Great!! Another class!! The last thing the racing side of this hobbie needs is more classes, this thing and the Serpent F1. We need to stop diluting the classes, people cant run more than 2 classes, a lot of them cant run more than one. What you end up with is smaller fields.
-Not trying to dilute the class(es) we have. Just trying to get more NEW people into the hobby. The biggest problem we have getting people into 1/8th is the $$$$$. If you could buy this kit for under 3 bills and put a 150.00 motor in it, you don't think it would be a viable class that new people could jump in to? I was out at the track a couple weeks ago and an gentleman and his wife stopped to watch me practice. He seemed genuinely interested till i told him how much i had invested....he was like We need more entry level classes that the average guy can afford. 1/8th will never grow because of cost.............
Old 05-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Everybody keeps going on about cost . I race 1/8 on-road and reckon it's pretty good costwise . I used to race Go-karts and Enduro dirt bikes at different times so I'm not bad at spending .

We need people concentrated into about 6 onroad & 6 offroad classes in total but then that wouldn't sell cars for the manufacturers now would it ?
Old 05-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Taylorm, you might have a point. The simplicity of a pan car is what makes it affordable again. Peformance might not be as good as a suspension car, but a good start for newbies right? 'New' classes could actually mean more 'new' people.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tomkelley
Taylorm, you might have a point. The simplicity of a pan car is what makes it affordable again. Peformance might not be as good as a suspension car, but a good start for newbies right? 'New' classes could actually mean more 'new' people.
-look at how 1/8th started.....pan cars........... ...when you bust 'em they wont hurt the wallet as bad.....
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Why would you want newbies running in 1/8 scale shouldn't they be in 1/10 pullstarts or whatever it's called . Anyways it's a sweet looking thing .

And now back to the topic........
Old 05-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

From what I've seen, the ultimate 'entry level' on-road gas car is the new Kyosho Inferno GT (or OFNA's converted buggy). I think that Motonica pan car looks sweet but I don't think it would be much less fagile (chunked foam tires and all) than a standard 4wd car.

It seems that the new racer is more attracted to the realistic sedan bodies.....they don't learn to love the Lola until they've been around the track for a while.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

that car is cute
Old 05-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sps3172

realistic sedan bodies.....