R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Remember frequency control?

I Was at a nitro race this weekend, and witnessed a truly horrifying incident during practice. One racer was on channel 78 practicing with his brand new Serpent 720-'07 car (first time out for the car) when another racer (also on 78) turned on his radio and tried to run his own car...

NEedless to say, the first racer's car was utterly destroyed... Chassis, upper deck, everything in the front end, radio gear, engine, pipe, pretty much a total write off...

Now if that's not bad enough, I'm told that this was the THIRD time this has happened between these same two guys.

The guy who turned on felt like it wasn't his fault... Even though the first guy HAD posession of the frequency pin and was signed up with race control on channel 78, "someone" told the second guy that he should just go ahead and turn on and HE DID.

What can be done in such a situation?? My own feeling is that the guy who turned on should re-imburse the first guy for his loss... Maybe if there were some consequence for such an action people would be more careful to not let it happen again...
I mean, it's happened three times now, if there is no consequence, what's to stop it from happening again?

I've switched to Spektrum, so I don't have to worry about this sort of thing anymore, but not everyone has, we need to keep that in mind!!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

IMO if the guy that was allready driving had the frequency pin, then its the other guys fault. One time I can understand, but 3 times I would want to be reinbursed for sure.

You should check the FR board everytime, because one day it will happen to you. The way I used to do it was I used to check the board and yell out the FR number, then I would turn on the car first, to see if the receiver was getting a signal.

Spektrum is the best thing to happen to this hobby in a long time, as soon as I got back into it just recently I got a radio with 2.4h technology in it.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips
Now if that's not bad enough, I'm told that this was the THIRD time this has happened between these same two guys.

The guy who turned on felt like it wasn't his fault... Even though the first guy HAD posession of the frequency pin and was signed up with race control on channel 78, "someone" told the second guy that he should just go ahead and turn on and HE DID.

What can be done in such a situation?? My own feeling is that the guy who turned on should re-imburse the first guy for his loss...
-throw the guy out of the club if he doesn't buy the crashed guy all new parts...........heck, just kick him out of the club....it's the third time...........moron..............
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Thumbs up He pays!!

All I have to say is D.S.M.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Time to open up a big ol can of a$$ whoopin!!
reddishdsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger problem, it only takes somebody on crystals to get confused seeing people on 2.4ghz switching on without a peg and doing the same themselves.

I'm just glad that I've been on 2.4ghz for nearly a couple of years now.

Neil
Neil777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil777
I'm surprised this isn't a bigger problem, it only takes somebody on crystals to get confused seeing people on 2.4ghz switching on without a peg and doing the same themselves.
The problem appears to be getting worse across all classes, electric and nitro!
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I probably know who you're talking about. There's no living with him this week.

What I'm not sure of is where this happened. If it's where I think it is, I think you and MM should approach the person in question and the president of that club and ask for reimbursement for the damage. The first thing I learned when I started flying is if you do something stupid that causes someone else to crash, you pay for that person's airplane, no questions asked. This is inexcusable, especially at a nitro on road track where 1/8 cars are raced.

Dave, would you PM me the details?
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
Tech Addict

the guy who got his car recked should give the dumbass his whole car.and dumbass should buy him a newone!and if he doesn't comply,put your foot where the sun don't shine!
Team Trinity
[url]www.teamtrinity.com[/url]
Gary Figueroa
GFIGUEROA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:04 PM   #10
Tech Regular

This is obviuously the fault of the guy whos radio was not with a registered pin. But, the million dollor question is, why in the world after the first time this happen to you, would you not go DSM?????

As for the second time.....I can't put a value on that question.

Now, the 3rd time......

It's not his fault, but 3 times is just asking for it. Especially with an 07 snake.

I went DSM the first month it came out because I saw the sense in it, even though thankfully, I never had this problem.

Protect your investment. Go DSM!!!!
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #11
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
This is obviuously the fault of the guy whos radio was not with a registered pin. But, the million dollor question is, why in the world after the first time this happen to you, would you not go DSM?????
I happen to know the answer to this, the first time he tried DSM he had nothing but problems with it. Rather than drive himself nuts he went back to 75mHz until he could figure out why the DSM wasn't working.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Actually, he's tried DSM several times and had nothing but problems with it. I've been lucky, Spektrum has been flawless for me from day one, but MM has been having fits with it and he's had several sytems with pretty much no luck.

He says he's going to try again... I guess the odds have to be on his side by now.

Jim, check your PM for details...

D
Old 05-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Never thought it was so hard to get a couple sets of DIFFERENT crystal, if you ask me hes only got him self to blame hes had the same problem with the same guy twice before and still tries and use channel 78 when he know's that loser uses the same channel and dosnt give a Fu<k!
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #14
Tech Regular

One of you guys need to step up and help him with his DSM.
reddishdsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
Never thought it was so hard to get a couple sets of DIFFERENT crystal, if you ask me hes only got him self to blame hes had the same problem with the same guy twice before and still tries and use channel 78 when he know's that loser uses the same channel and dosnt give a Fu<k!
You'd think so, but I happen to know for a fact that he DOES have several sets of crystals, and the last time it happened it was NOT on 78. He switched to 78 specifically for the purpose of avoiding a conflict with this guy. As it happened, this guy went to 78 as well purely by coincidence.

And before anyone gets the wrong idea, it was NOT intentional. The guy who turned on also sustained damage to his car, a 1/8 machine, so it's not like he turned on just to mess up the first guy. I was there and the guy who turned on was definitely upset about the incident, and very apologetic, but I still think at some point someone needs to be held responsible.