R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #76
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In defense of Dexter,

First, he was told by "someone" the frequency was clear, meaning the clip was missing.

This is the third incident, over a period of 3 years, and at different tracks.

Dexter also suffered damage to his car, because it also went out of control.

There is some debate wether Mike indicated his frequency on his sign up form. Mike says he did, race officials say he didn't. Moot point, it's no excuse, but might be the source of incorrect information (that no one was on that frequency).

After the incident Dexter did apologize to Mike saying he did not know he was on. The club president also apologized and refunded Mike's entry fee.

In my view the person most responsible for this incident is the person who said the frequency was open. Not only was this wrong, but also bypassed all the safeguards put in place to prevent this from happening. This is the person who needs the rules review.

And knowing the club president, frequency control will be much tighter this weekend.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #77

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Weird. I would just figure no clip , no excuse. You dont turn a radio on in the pits without the clip. Also for example , someone drives up to a cliff and the bridge is out but a friend says go ahead...doesnt make it their fault. The person who decided to take their advice should really be at fault. Given he knew he didnt have the clip.

But thats just my opinion. It sucks that someone lost their car. Also Ill be honest I bought DSM because I just could not stand the clip system. I had my car smacking walls after qualifiers because people in the pits just couldnt wait to turn on their radios. Just because you own a frequency , doesnt mean you own it......
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #78
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First off I did infact sign up to race.I dont think it matters if it was at 5 different places and over the span of 5 years.You dont just turn your raido just because someone tells you can do so .Jim you being roar director should know this .You werent even there to say his car suffered damage .After yelling at me for about 10 munits he found out he was wrong then said he was sorry.Think and read the posts before you spread the BULLSHIT cause if it happend to you,It would be .

P.S.I was refunded a mere $20 for 3 crashed snakes(WOW).

Last edited by MikeMalinconico; 06-02-2007 at 07:28 AM.
MikeMalinconico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:53 PM   #79
Tech Adept

On a different note.One of my buds droped my new helios and screwed up the steering wheel and the pot inside.Without question he replaced the broken parts.There is a difference.Some people care and some dont give a chit.

laterz.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #80
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey mike I have a lipo pack for you.....
the dimensions are as follows:

Lipo 1290mah 2S3P 7.4V Receiver Pack Details

1290mah Capacity
7.4 Volts
30mm X 49mm X 25mm
Rated at 27 Amps
75 grams

It is not much but it is a start to recovery, call me in the morning if it is good enough it is yours. The pack of course is courtesy of the track Pres. and my sponsors Maxamps................

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #81
Tech Adept

Rick you the man! I'll call ya.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:21 PM   #82
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMalinconico
Rick you the man! I'll call ya.

The pack is brand spanking and it is yours Bro I hate to see you down, I hope the DSM works out so this can never happen to you again. They sent me a care pack and it is the least I can do.

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:21 PM   #83
Tech Adept

Please let this thread be over people.Thanx to NYC HOBBIES I have everything I need.(except that lipo pack Rick lol).We have a great racing facility,lets keep it that way.

P.S. DSM RULES.(even though I cant get the micro recievers,they are on back order )
Old 06-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #84
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Awe! Com'on! Now can we get back to racing? LOL
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #85
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMalinconico View Post
First off I did infact sign up to race.I dont think it matters if it was at 5 different places and over the span of 5 years.You dont just turn your raido just because someone tells you can do so .Jim you being roar director should know this .You werent even there to say his car suffered damage .After yelling at me for about 10 munits he found out he was wrong then said he was sorry.Think and read the posts before you spread the BULLSHIT cause if it happend to you,It would be .

P.S.I was refunded a mere $20 for 3 crashed snakes(WOW).
Mike, you and I need to have a private conversation.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:59 AM   #86
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I View Post
Weird. I would just figure no clip , no excuse.
You are absolutely correct. The problem has been that not all drivers have been trained in this, and many tracks have been lax in enforcing this. I can tell you that I have been in contact with the club president for this track and the frequency control rules will be strictly enforced!!!