Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remember frequency control?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Killa G
I think he should at least be partially reimbursed. First is that it is the 3rd incident. Secondly Mike had the clip and it is displayed at the track that you should not turn on your radio if you do not have the clip.
Gael
-partially reimbursed? ......how about FULLY reimbursed!!!.....
Old 05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by devious17
I shouldnt be doing this as it is not a good trait to do but when a shove comes to a push I would one day sit in my car or anywhere away from visual and wait for him to start his car, let him warm up on the track and wait for the best moment to turn on my transmitter

Again, dont do this if you can help it.I am bad.
-and run his car WFO into the boards at the end of the backstraight...
Old 05-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Killa G
There are a couple of reasons why I think he should at least be partially reimbursed. First is that it is the 3rd incident. Secondly Mike had the clip and it is displayed at the track that you should not turn on your radio if you do not have the clip. Third its sets a precadent at the track that people must be accountable for their actions. The track that it happened at has worked to develop a great race program and you do not want incidents like this to stain the reputation of the track. Just my $.02.

Gael
Where's does the partial re-imbursement imply when it is totally the fault of the driver who did not have the clip regardless of who said to turn it on. everyone know it is always best to walk the pits & ask if anyone is on 78 to play it safe for both parties
Old 05-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

A lot of tracks do have a "Drive At Your own Risk" sign! I know this is to possibly take any liability off the track for any personal property that might be damaged. Perhaps we have lost the meaning to such signs. Then again this track might not have such a sign.... Anyway.. The poor guy should be bought a new car, but often tmes what should be done is different to what is done!! We all know the risks involved in running these cars. If we know these risks why not take all counter measures neccesary? Buy and use a fail safe...Whos to say the one that turned "on" has the money to pay for the car?Just another point of view from the sidelines... Maybe this particular track should have a saftey meeting or something to teach any and all people that are going to be running prior to starting the race program! And advise all racers and pit the consequences of such incidents! ... two words, FAIL SAFE. Some more .02 cents on this..
Old 05-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Where's does the partial re-imbursement imply when it is totally the fault of the driver who did not have the clip regardless of who said to turn it on. everyone know it is always best to walk the pits & ask if anyone is on 78 to play it safe for both parties
That is why I said at LEAST partially reimbursed. My feeling is that he should get a new car but others may feel differently. I was there when it happened and I know Mike and he is a good dude so I definately feel he should be taken care of but if they could come to at least some sort of an agreement that would be nice.

Gael
Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BananaWheels
I see this thread has a lot of comments, I use FM still and avoid these novice incidents all together by simply using a fail safe? I know its sucks when car shuts down on you in the straight or sweeper, but at least no more slamming into walls! Fail safes have been around for years and should be a part of any nitro car running the "old" FM channels! Just my .02 cents...
How exactly is a fail safe gonig to help with 2 transmitters on at the same time??

I say he needs to pay up!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

No need to explain how a fail safe works here. Perhaps you should open a new thread for someone to help you..
Old 05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Now that's funny!!
Old 05-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Lord

My question is who told Dexter he could turn on his radio?
Old 05-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by GMartinez
I can't count how many times I've walked through the pits at several tracks asking who's on xx and get no response. I hate pin hogs!
Old 05-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default track director

I feel this guys pain.

A few years back, a group of local area racers headed to a large regional event for a weekend of racing fun. I will not name the event, but everyone here would agree it's an established Series here in the Midwest.

I suffered what I thought was a radio hit in my first qualifier. Into the boards, major damage. Replaced the entire right driveline, then same thing half way qual #2. Major damage, another qualifier and tons of parts ruined. I knew then, something was up. Keep in mind, I had the pin for every qualifier.

I was new to this track, but not new to racing. I knew the rules, attended the drivers meeting, and was playing nice.

Before my final qualifier, I purchased and installed a failsafe (the only option I had for the weekend). Before the qualifier, I searched for anyone on my freq, but no luck. Same time (about half way thru my qualifier), I was getting 'shot down'. My throttle went into failsafe, and I sat motionless on the infield, yet another qualifier gone.

I appealed to the 'official' at the event. It turned out, he knew the racer that was on my channel (mind you, this driver was using a different frequency than was listed on the driver lists). Long story short, he was in the heat after mine, and was firing up his car getting ready for his heat. Not only was this person responsible for destroying my car several times, but there was a significant investment with time off work, travel etc...all for this one class.

My point...and I have a point...I feel it's the job of the official to do something here. Without event officials, there would be no need for rules, as nobody would follow or enforce them. The result would be constant confrontation between drivers. As a 'visitor' to this track, and the offender being a track regular, the official simply looked at me and asked, 'what do you want me to do?'. I almost couldn't believe it. It took everything I had to contain myself, but I simply requested that they impounded his radio. They would not comply. I was beside myself.

So while my situation didn't have any resolution, I strongly feel that it's either the club president, race organizer or head officials job in situations like this.

Otherwise, payback sucks.

No, I didn't 'pay him back', but damn it if I didn't think about it the entire 8 hour drive home.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
I
No, I didn't 'pay him back', but damn it if I didn't think about it the entire 8 hour drive home.
-should have................
Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jiml
I can't count how many times I've walked through the pits at several tracks asking who's on xx and get no response. I hate pin hogs!
That is why most clubs in Holland have a membership card WITH photograph on it.
On a training day, on the MACH circuit when you take the clip from the frequency board, you have to place your membership card on the clips location....

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
he was in the heat after mine, and was firing up his car getting ready for his heat. Not only was this person responsible for destroying my car several times, but there was a significant investment with time off work, travel etc...all for this one class.
That is why on racedays in Holland ALL transmitters should be left on the driver stand, it is NOT allowed to take your transmitter to the pits...
firing up your car for your qualifier can be done without the transmitter.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:21 AM
Tech Addict

Its a simple universal RC law... no clip no turn on!

I used to hate clip hogs too; lucky for me i switched to spektrum some time back, i wouldnt say without any problems, but its a sure fire system to know if its time to invest in another reciever pack lol so mine were user initiated lol.

I still cant understand how the 2nd guy got any further then switching his car on, it would of been all glitchy giving signs to a problem of a frequency conflict from the outset for sure...

I think he owes the guy who has done the right thing a complete new snake... if nothing else out of guilt for being a dufuss in the wrong for the same deadly rc mistake 3 times and even worse to the same poor bloke

doesnt sound like you have had much better luck either TC_Tuner, i am dumbfounded that the guy at that meeting local racer or not wasnt disqualified from the event or at least sevearly spoken too and at least offer to cough up for his created mess towards your weekend, especially after not running his designated frequency (and by the sounds of it people running the event knew this too?) this stuff should just not happen.

this entire thread just serves as an advert for the 2.4ghz revolution...
Old 05-30-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Dynamite
I still cant understand how the 2nd guy got any further then switching his car on, it would of been all glitchy giving signs to a problem of a frequency conflict from the outset for sure...
If your radio is close enough the signal will overpower the interfering signal and it will appear all is OK. As soon as you get a few feet away things go haywire.

The problem isn't technology. The problem is people. Too many people think the rules don't apply to them, and no one wants to enforce the rules. One thing that's different in Europe is you will follow the rules or you will go home. One thing we are sorely missing is courtesy. Courtesy for fellow racers, courtesy for the track, and courtesy for the surrounding neighborhood. If anything kills RC racing in the US it will be a lack of courtesy and respect for others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.