Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remember frequency control?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I know who the first guy is & who is the one who did it 3 times to him.
& hopefully the 3rd person checks this thread & realizes that it's about time to do the honorable thing & re-imburse & buys him a new car & IT ALWAYS HAPPENS TO HIM @THE SAME TRACK.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am sure that if one of the race officials told me that the clip has been missing and it was alright to turn on that I would probably do the same thing. If it was not a race official that told him that it was OK to turn on then the guy that turned on with out a clip was at fault. When I was running crystals and I could not find a clip there was no way that I was going to run with out a clip so the same thing didn't happen to me. My .02
Old 05-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have had nothing but problems with DSM for the last 3 years and cant figure it out.The last time Dexter did this we were on ch.64.I had the clip he did not.I went to ch.61.I had the clip he did not.Now I went to ch.78.I was on the drivers stand and BAM into the wall full throttle.Even if a race offical told him to just turn his raido on he is still WRONG.Check the F-----G board.
I think Dexter should do the right thing and get me a new Serpent 720 07.
C-MON DEXTER STEP UP.Once its bad.The second time the person should not be able to race at that track.Now its the 3rd time and you should pay for
my chit.I will go to NYC hobbies in the morning and get a new snake and will try DSM for the last time.I'm sure it will work this time.It's gonna cost a fortune because i need 4or5 recievers .

Thanx for all the positive support.

Last edited by MikeMalinconico; 05-29-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Its simple... If you don't have the clip, don't turn on your radio!!

We have been doing this a LOT longer then DSM radios have been around (with very few problems). If the clips not on the board speak up, ask the race director (they should annouce it). Even then, the director can check to see who else is on that freq.

Bottom line... No Clip, No On

Three times, Yea he should pay!

Last edited by Ed Anderson; 05-28-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Even though I agree that he should pay after 3 times, I think there's a problem that needs to be talked about. I've had the bad exprience of people hoggin the FR clip, where instead of them putting them back on the board after they are done running they will take it to their pits and you never get to run, and it gets very frustrating.

Im not saying thats what happend, but it has happen to me in the past, some guys think they are entitled, and they dont care for the fact that others want to run as well.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
This is obviuously the fault of the guy whos radio was not with a registered pin. But, the million dollor question is, why in the world after the first time this happen to you, would you not go DSM?????

Protect your investment. Go DSM!!!!
I would ask for a complete reimbusement of the car and gear totalled by their own stupidity. 3 Times is not a mistake is an annoying (and expensive) mistake. If you don't have the frequency clip why the h*ll turn the radio on.

Of course, that jarhead that told he could turn on the transmitter, deserves to be beaten until your hand tores.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

X-tals, frequency clips ? They are the things of the past for me.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

With nitro cars, you should always turn the car on first out of everything. The engine is not on so it's not going anywhere and if there is a frequency clash, it'll be obvious instantly.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I shouldnt be doing this as it is not a good trait to do but when a shove comes to a push I would one day sit in my car or anywhere away from visual and wait for him to start his car, let him warm up on the track and wait for the best moment to turn on my transmitter

Again, dont do this if you can help it.I am bad.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

3 times and 3 mistakes...I dunno about that ..you sure you didnt run over his cat or something, hopefully he doesnt dabble in voodoo dolls
Old 05-29-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default DSM

I have had a problem in the past with dsm and want to pass on what it was. The car had a AAA 5 cell battery and the voltage would drop so much the spektrum would reset causing the car to crash. I went to a lipo with a novak regulator and have never had a problem. I have 7 cars all on dsm and have only had this happen with the AAA receiver paks.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by redsand
X-tals, frequency clips ? They are the things of the past for me.
But they're not things of the past for everyone. Why should anyone spend money on technology if they don't have to? I have plenty of stuff on FM and I'm not just going to junk it.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The fact of the matter is your suppose to check with all the guys on the drivers stand before you turn on your equipment. I learned my lesson when I lost an engine at WOT with someone on my Frequency. Unlike Mike, I've had nothing but good experiences with my DSM systems. I know others that have'nt been so lucky. These guys have been aroud too long not to exercise proper track etiquette. His behavior was out of line and he should come out of pocket, thats the decent thing to do.

Kelly Lambre'
Old 05-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

There are a couple of reasons why I think he should at least be partially reimbursed. First is that it is the 3rd incident. Secondly Mike had the clip and it is displayed at the track that you should not turn on your radio if you do not have the clip. Third its sets a precadent at the track that people must be accountable for their actions. The track that it happened at has worked to develop a great race program and you do not want incidents like this to stain the reputation of the track. Just my $.02.

Gael
Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I see this thread has a lot of comments, I use FM still and avoid these novice incidents all together by simply using a fail safe? I know its sucks when car shuts down on you in the straight or sweeper, but at least no more slamming into walls! Fail safes have been around for years and should be a part of any nitro car running the "old" FM channels! Just my .02 cents...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.