R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
hyl
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12
Default help !about mugen 1:8 on-road brake pad

I bought a mugen mrx4 few days ago.When assemblng it ,I find brake pad is so tight that the car can't move at all.Please tell me how to deal with it ?
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
Moderator
 
Artificial-I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rurouni Kenshin
Posts: 3,459
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I
Default

Screws hold it on, loosen them.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Tech Adept
 
Dialed Pile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 122
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

__________________
MUGEN
Dialed Pile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
hyl
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12
Default re all

I learn serpent 960'manual ,it says roughen the metal plate with sandpaper before guling.Must I roughen mugen's before assembling?help me
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
hyl
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12
Default re you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Screws hold it on, loosen them.
no screws,how to lossen!!!
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: cincinnati ohio
Posts: 881
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default brake

Make sure the rear pulley is not to far to the brake side.
latemodel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
V for Victory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Pasadena CA.
Posts: 644
Send a message via AIM to V for Victory
Default

I understand that there is a certain way to glue the brake pads to the metal pads. If you glue it wrong it will cause serious binding.
__________________
SUN VALLEY SPEEDWAY
MUGEN MTX4R-NINJA
MRX4R-NINJA
RTS!
V for Victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 184
Default

havent seen the instructions, but what Artificial-I said is a good starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Screws hold it on, loosen them.

Last edited by Ghett0; 05-26-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Ghett0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:54 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
RCRjuanabbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 1,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl
I bought a mugen mrx4 few days ago.When assemblng it ,I find brake pad is so tight that the car can't move at all.Please tell me how to deal with it ?
three things you need to check:
1) The pin that hold the metal and pad has to be free of glue residue and that the pads are not upside down meaning the top and bottom of the pad matches with the shape of the metal. if it is the pads itself will bind on that pin and it will be tight, it will be harder for it to slide.
2) make sure that the disc is seated straight on the three prong attached to the pulley. in time it will loosen up but for now check by rotating the shaft or rear wheel .look at it while rotating and you will see if you have a bind. if you have one try to move it around by a screwdriver against the pulley and twist gently until it is smooth.
3) please make sure that your brake post is not reversed. I meant that the flat side is facing the metal of the pads. good luck!!!! enjoy...

Check your instruction and you will see and understand what I am saying
RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #10
hyl
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12
Default re all

"a certain way to glue the brake pads to the metal pads" I know .But I carefully read the manual,I don't find any mistakes!!!
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #11
RR
Tech Addict
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: moo moo
Posts: 737
Send a message via AIM to RR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl
"a certain way to glue the brake pads to the metal pads" I know .But I carefully read the manual,I don't find any mistakes!!!
HI

jus wondering, did you sand down your brake pads?
RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #12
Tech Master
 
RCRjuanabbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 1,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl
"a certain way to glue the brake pads to the metal pads" I know .But I carefully read the manual,I don't find any mistakes!!!
there is a mistake either you got the wrong parts(it happens or put together error) otherwise you would not be asking for help. the 3 things I ask you to check is the only moving parts that could go wrong, there are no other associated with the brake...good luck I hope you find your answer..
RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #13
Tech Fanatic
 
ralph m's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 917
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
three things you need to check:
1) The pin that hold the metal and pad has to be free of glue residue and that the pads are not upside down meaning the top and bottom of the pad matches with the shape of the metal. if it is the pads itself will bind on that pin and it will be tight, it will be harder for it to slide.
2) make sure that the disc is seated straight on the three prong attached to the pulley. in time it will loosen up but for now check by rotating the shaft or rear wheel .look at it while rotating and you will see if you have a bind. if you have one try to move it around by a screwdriver against the pulley and twist gently until it is smooth.
3) please make sure that your brake post is not reversed. I meant that the flat side is facing the metal of the pads. good luck!!!! enjoy...

Check your instruction and you will see and understand what I am saying
In addition to the above post:

4. There is a top and a bottom for the brake plates. If this isn't correct, the brake plates will bind.
5. Make sure the holes in the brake plate/pad assembly are free from glue. I open up these holes so they slide easily on the pins.
6. Most likely you have used too much glue to adhere the pads to the plates. There is only so much room between the brake post and the stops. Sand down the pad material until each pad/plate is approximately 2.1 mm and make sure they are flat and parallel.
ralph m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #14
kmh
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 529
Default

Seems like everyone is pointing you in the right direction. The issue with the pads having a top and bottom is something to check, I know because I have assembled the rear end on my MRX4 many times. I would not sand the pads to much after assembly because if you run the car you want the pads to seat properly. The pads should only slightly touch the disc with some play until engaged. Sounds like you need to check your rear end/brake assembling.
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #15
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh View Post
Seems like everyone is pointing you in the right direction. The issue with the pads having a top and bottom is something to check, I know because I have assembled the rear end on my MRX4 many times. I would not sand the pads to much after assembly because if you run the car you want the pads to seat properly. The pads should only slightly touch the disc with some play until engaged. Sounds like you need to check your rear end/brake assembling.
Check the date on this thread... 3 years ago.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avid phenolic brake rotors, xray, mugen, etc... K.Copeland R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 02-02-2008 06:17 AM
Serpent, Mugen, RB, 1/8 on road and off road f/s Bandicoot R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 01-23-2006 08:23 PM
ECS- Auto brake/Neutral Brake/Drag brake RC12L3a Electric On-Road 6 11-21-2004 10:10 PM
drag brake, brake and reverse imjonah Rookie Zone 3 07-24-2004 07:20 PM
Mugen MTX-3 Rear Alum. brake braket $11 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 07-05-2003 07:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:18 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net