R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-16-2003, 02:47 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Need advice on a new engine.

I need some advice on a new engine for a short road coarse style track with a lot of turns and a few straights. I have on order a Serpent 705 and I was wondering which engine I should put in it. I guess I should also ask which pipe to go with whatever engine. So far people have recommended these engines to me:

RB Concepts CX-12 non-turbo slide carb
NovaMega SX12 RE Turbo slide carb
OS Engines .12TR P non-turbo slide carb

What does everyone think of these or please feel free to suggest something better. Thanks.
JJ IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:03 AM   #2
Tech Elite

My bet goes for an RB X12 (or if you can afford it: RB X12 Rody) with an X12 pipe with RB short manifold (lenght of the pipe and manifold: 102mm). Novarossi S3 is another real good engine too.

Drill up to 5.1mm the stinger and you'll have a combo with a incredible launch and acceleration. For high speed tracks, change the pipe for a Novarossi 52604 model (In-line model) and you'll have lots of medium and high-end rpms.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 09:42 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
My bet goes for an RB X12 (or if you can afford it: RB X12 Rody) with an X12 pipe with RB short manifold (lenght of the pipe and manifold: 102mm). Novarossi S3 is another real good engine too.

Drill up to 5.1mm the stinger and you'll have a combo with a incredible launch and acceleration. For high speed tracks, change the pipe for a Novarossi 52604 model (In-line model) and you'll have lots of medium and high-end rpms.
Cool thanks for the help. Just one last question. Is the RB X12 Rody a Turbo engine?
JJ IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:19 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RedScorp Send a message via AIM to RedScorp Send a message via Yahoo to RedScorp

OS is my choice, but it's a fairly opinionated question. Watch what people are running near you and what they're running with. If they're doing well, then go with the trend.
RedScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:33 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ IROC
Cool thanks for the help. Just one last question. Is the RB X12 Rody a Turbo engine?
Have versions for turbo (1700-235 model) and non-turbo plugs (1700-215 model). See them at your dealer, those engines rocks.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:42 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AMainJay

Get the Mugen MR-12 for rpm or Mt-12 for a little more tourqe you wont be dissapointed. DONT TOUCH THE MID NEEDLE! woo!

"Look, are you gonna listen or no?"
-Alex Navarette
AMainJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:44 AM   #7
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

A Murnan Modified.

Race one or chase one.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote