Old 05-19-2007, 01:29 AM   #1
hyl
Tech Rookie

Default please recommand some 21.class engine for 1:8 on-road

please recommand some 21.class engine for 1:8 on-road
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
Tech Elite

For 1/8 class on-road you have various options, depending on your personal preferences and the budget you're planning to spend getting an engine, let's see if you can answer us some questions just to give you a better option for you:

1. How much you're wanting to spend?.
2. That engine will be just for practicing or for teething out on the class?.
3. If you want to compete... at which level? Club races, Weekend test & tune, All out racing... On your local club there are any rules regarding novice class for 1/8 scale? If yes, which ones apply?
4. How confident are you on your driving abilities with a 1/8 scale On-Road car?

That questions are important just because if you're just starting with the class, the last thing you need is a super-duper engine who costs >700US$. From time to time questions like this appear on this thread and sometimes, people get convinced to burn large quantities of money just for a practice engine (the worst thing you can do).

If you're a novice (this question is from a novice, who in fact is a very clever question - remeber, the unique stupid question is that one that never is being asked), the last thing you need is one of those engines, with somewhat less powerful you'll be quite satisfied and you'll be able to control the car and get more and more rather than having a raging beast impossible to control it. Look for a 3 or 5 ports from the usual manufacturers and you'll be happy.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default .21

I would recommend a novarossi kangaroo. It's not too expensive and is plenty fast.
latemodel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
Tech Adept

for the best cluck for your buck is the p9 pico. i personally run the motor easy breakin runs stock outof the box very well. it isa sold by ofna but a high quality motor. if you are looking for quality and reliablity for cheap it is the only way to go. other than that you want to spend lots of money any of the nova rossi based motors the rb"s , rex, nova rossi, jp's,etc.. the sirio based motor are very fast but up keep it very special.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Novarossi 359 is an excellent engine. The OPS Speedster is also very good. I have used both.
The Picco P9 is an excellent value as well.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #6
hyl
Tech Rookie

Default I'm a newer for 1:8 on-road

Three years ago ,I bought my first car kyosho v-ones then bought tamiya moster truck-wild command,hpi mt2 18ss.Generally speaking,I have some skills on driving RC cars. But now I don't know if I can drive a 1:8 on-road car.
I like speed,so I choose it!! Please give me some advice!!
Old 05-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #7
hyl
Tech Rookie

Default inform all

some RCfans tell me webs about 21 class (on-road),thanks!! I see it ,but these are too expensive !!! 1000USD=8000~10000RMB Do you think a Chinese afford it????
Old 05-19-2007, 11:46 AM   #8
Tech Master

http://gasrccar.com/eshop/product_in...oducts_id=3942 -just purchased this winter and put in my new 960.........has been good so far and plenty fast for me...........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #9
hyl
Tech Rookie

Default re all

my car mugen mrx4
Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #10
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You can definitely afford this http://kamikazercracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=51219
Or you can select here http://kamikazercracing.com/products.php?cat=4
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Driving a 1/8 On-Road car is a tough mission in unprepared places, dust will reduce traction a lot and the small pebbles will hurt a lot (I expect you have a suitable place to drive it and b*lls to control it if not).

I would choose an engine combo (engine/manifold/pipe) to suit the conditions you will face. Mega DSII+ is tough to beat for that price, cheap, really fast and reliable (my hat off to snake pit for pulling such combo).

AFAIK, there are two different models of powerpack with the DSII+: Sport and Race, my suggestion will go for the Sport model.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #12
hyl
Tech Rookie

Default thanks for answering my question

thanks for answering my question