R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #16

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

I believe they just gave you the info that they have seen at there tracks. Your looking for the top speed at the longest straight track. I dont think youll find a accurate speed. But good luck , also yes I see your asking more than one question.

Youll also never find that either so im not going to get into that. They only way you could if bk from nitrodynesystems dynoed every motor around and even then it depends on break-in method , quality and blue printed perfection of each motor. So again too many variable to really get accurate info.

Sure I could tell you what ive seen too. But I wouldnt want to mislead you. Glad you feel you got your info though. Guess thats all that matters.

Otherwise gearing is different on all top drivers in the a-main. Probably because all of them are usually running different chassis and motors. There might be one or two guys with same motor and chassis and they will pair their knowledge together to get the same setup and best times...but still. Its just something that isnt going to be accurate, more general.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
Hello guys , i am "EP" person , so i am more than alittle noob on gas powered R/C.

so i would like someone to answer me some questions

1/10 scale

max Hp of a motor (i think that would be a 12 right?) =
max RPM of a motor =
and max km/h at official race =

and the same things for 1/8 scale

max HP of a motor ( 21 maybe ?) =
max RPM =
and top speed , Km/h also at official race =

also the brand of these motors

thanks
I play EP and GP. I race everything I own.... see my sig.

Seriously now..... GP is much better The sound, The power, The speed, are really fascinating

Given a long straight track, engine cars are definetely faster than electric cars even with lipo & GTB 3.5R & crazy gear ratio.

Here some answers for your question. However, these are NOT absolute answers because there are lot's of engine brands and models in the market.

1/10 scale

max Hp of a motor (i think that would be a 12 right?) = about 1.6 HP. Special Edition engines will be more than 1.6 HP

max RPM of a motor = about 43.800 rpm

and max km/h at official race = it's gear ratio vs track length dependent. 60 to 76 kph is possible numbers.

1/8 scale

max HP of a motor ( .21 maybe ?) = about 2.5 HP
max RPM = about 45.300 rpm
and top speed = Just like the above. 80 to 100 kph are normally seen in most tracks.

Engines : Novarossi, JP, Ninja, RB, OS, MAX are popular brands.

The operating costs GP vs EP ? they are about the same most of time ..... or GP is slightly cheaper in some occasion.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Zacharopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
I believe they just gave you the info that they have seen at there tracks. Your looking for the top speed at the longest straight track. I dont think youll find a accurate speed. But good luck , also yes I see your asking more than one question.

Youll also never find that either so im not going to get into that. They only way you could if bk from nitrodynesystems dynoed every motor around and even then it depends on break-in method , quality and blue printed perfection of each motor. So again too many variable to really get accurate info.

Sure I could tell you what ive seen too. But I wouldnt want to mislead you. Glad you feel you got your info though. Guess thats all that matters.

Otherwise gearing is different on all top drivers in the a-main. Probably because all of them are usually running different chassis and motors. There might be one or two guys with same motor and chassis and they will pair their knowledge together to get the same setup and best times...but still. Its just something that isnt going to be accurate, more general.

You are right in almost everything you are saying , but i am not trying to write a new guiness book , i just want to answer to some "less than amateur" that a seller tells them that a stock 12 size engine pull start can run at 120 km/h , and they come to tell me that their car is faster than mine that i have the top equipment for electrics etc. So i just want to have proves ti say : " hey man , collari or X had a top speed of 120 km/h with 3.000 USD and more equipment , you can't have 120 km/h with a stock that costs 500 $ RTR"

although thank you for sharing your knowledge with me

www.zworks.tk

^^^Check it ^^^
Zacharopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #19

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

If you want general answers thats ok. But with your

This does this = XXX.

It seemed you wanted specific answers. Im also amazed that people are just pulling numbers out.

1.6hp....what motor is this? I think the fastest so far based on nitrodynesystems dynos is 1.19.

But you can listen to other people. I guess they believe they know what there talking about.

I really wish I just didnt reply to this thread and let it go. I wish to have given you correct info. But it seems people have their own ideas of whats correct or not.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #20
Tech Master

Quote:
You are right in almost everything you are saying , but i am not trying to write a new guiness book , i just want to answer to some "less than amateur" that a seller tells them that a stock 12 size engine pull start can run at 120 km/h , and they come to tell me that their car is faster than mine that i have the top equipment for electrics etc. So i just want to have proves ti say : " hey man , collari or X had a top speed of 120 km/h with 3.000 USD and more equipment , you can't have 120 km/h with a stock that costs 500 $ RTR"

although thank you for sharing your knowledge with me

Okay, now that you shared the real reason for your questions, you can get better answers. First, there are inexpensive RTRs out there that can go really fast. The 2 that come to mind are the Traxxas 4tec and the schumacer. I beleve that both kits can reach 75mph or more. Now bear in mind that this is straight line speed given a long long distance to get to that top speed. With those cars, you don't want to try racing a road course because the handle really bad, and they tend to break easily.

Think about it. How fast could your electric car go if you geared it to the moon, used a 6 turn motor and 8 cells. Then used an ultra low drag body. You could easily go 75mph or 120 kph with that setup.

So you need to tell your newbee friends that they can have fun going really fast, back and forth in an empty parking lot, or join you for some organized racing. I know for me, the high speed runs were only fun for the first short while. Once I raced for real, I was hooked. Bashing seems pointless.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:24 PM   #21
Tech Master

Default Interesting for speed

Quote:
Hello guys , i am "EP" person , so i am more than alittle noob on gas powered R/C.

so i would like someone to answer me some questions

1/10 scale

max Hp of a motor (i think that would be a 12 right?) =
max RPM of a motor =
and max km/h at official race =

and the same things for 1/8 scale

max HP of a motor ( 21 maybe ?) =
max RPM =
and top speed , Km/h also at official race =

also the brand of these motors

thanks

Try this site: