2007 Team Magic G4+ Limited Edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

My bet for G4+ is $550-$600 street price
Old 06-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

even with US600, i would rather wait for the next or "normal" version of G4+ instead of this "collectible". at least it is not rated. i have the g4s, but not desparate to get this,.......................
for paying US750, i can almost buy a nt1-very smooth version of mtx4r with a lot of rolls royce option.
but i am happy with my mtx4r at this moment.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

With a $1050 list and TM margins holding at their current level you can expect a street price between $625-675 depending on the volume & shipping.

At say $650 the car would be a great value for those looking for a bling ride.

For budget minded racers types like me the value all depends on whats included in the package. Personally I don't look too closely at kit prices I am more concerned with race ready cost including tuning & required durability replacements.

My G4S although only $375 needed about $200 worth of tuning & upgrade parts not including the transmission upgrades raising the race trim price tag to $575 or $700 if purchased before the ED bundle or used the super short track transmission setup.

The NT1 I picked up this season has a Kit price of $400 but thats not what the car really cost. In addition to the kit I add to buy some replacement parts to beef it up & make it raceable (CVDs, bumper foam, thrust bearing & clutch shoe for ~$100). Now for tuning parts to cover a range of conditions I had to add the mulit-diff (gear diff in kit), gear options and a range of springs & sway bars nearing $125.

When all the race gear excluding spares is added up the my X-Ray is a $625 right in the range of a similarly equipped G4S, and probably every other ride out there.

Now if the G4+ comes with all the upgrade & tuning parts needed to make it truly race ready for $650 it would be a bargain for all with its shiny factor.

Mark
Old 06-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Sow&Steady: You got the business sense. Yes, TM is currently monitoring the reaction of everybody then they will release the price to distributors. So, at this moment, even distributors do not know the price yet. Not to say dealers.

As what I heard from here, I think Racedayhobbies is started to accept pay order is meaningless. He doesn't know the sales price for the G4+ nor his cost. Let's say 10 customers made a pre order with him. Then after the price announced, I'm sure there will be like a least a few people backup while Sam may already ordered with TM which makes him over stock. One thing for sure is this is very expensive car, no dealers want to over stock this. Only play safe can play forever.

No worry people, I'm sure 999 pcs of G4+ are always waiting for you to bring it home.
Thanks, I now need some driving practice-sense too because my last race was a disaster!

I agree with you in that that "999 pcs of G4+ are always waiting for you", especially after seeing what the price is!

I wonder what the real street price will be ...
Old 06-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 06-15-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rmd what if u purchased your g4s 3 months ago before the word of a g4+ came out and now you are stuck with a g4s? would you upgrade?

i think someone said they wanted to wait for TM's next sedan which was non limited.

I dont know if TM thinks they are dealing with a small market or if they have plans for a new sedan, but with only 999 it is possible alot of people are gonna miss out
Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
rmd what if u purchased your g4s 3 months ago before the word of a g4+ came out and now you are stuck with a g4s? would you upgrade?

i think someone said they wanted to wait for TM's next sedan which was non limited.

I dont know if TM thinks they are dealing with a small market or if they have plans for a new sedan, but with only 999 it is possible alot of people are gonna miss out
Rcrevolution

What do you mean with "stuck" with a G4S.....it's still a great capable car...
...you don't even know how to set up your G4S and you are thinking about the G4+....come on man...do you even race?? have you won races or club championships?? have you found the limits of your G4S ???...i can asure you the G4+ won win races on it's own.....and I don't think Rainer can help you with your question because he doesn't own any current or past G4's..

My advice...just stay with your G4S and find it's limits and slowly upgrade it with functional optionals that you feel will make you faster...by the time you reach there there will probably be a GXX or whatever name the new car will have in about a year or so...

Don't get caught on the bing bling stream of things in these hobby, because there is allways something new coming out....but do you really need it to make you a better driver???

AFM
Old 06-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i totally agree with afm.

G4+ is just nice to look and feels good, but spending on such amount for a full option car doesn't make u faster at all.

just wait and get those parts that u like or need. and dun waste money to buying G4+ as its gonna be super expensive.

just my sense.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Well said Alfonso
Old 06-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Have to aggree with AFM ,well said bud

I think the appeal of teh G4+ will be for current racers in teh market to get a new car or wanting to change brands etc... the appeal would be that its option included so is for know the most complete kit available.Guys wont be needing any extras for it.

Im quite happy with my 2 G4S cars .one is hopped up and other std with just pulleys changed.
At last practice day i was actually faster with the std car and that just makes you realize that its all about about setup and driving.
Im using one chassis as a loaner for new guys from electric discipline to run and try there fingers at gas.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

I will purchase G4+ just to add to my collection/mantel piece and race my G4S when I finally put it together. I like attractive mechanical things! I think I need help from RC Anonomous as addicted to spending money on these 1/10th scale race cars! Has anyone got their number?
Old 06-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default US $ 1050.00

G4+'s Price is US $ 1050.00 .. --;;;

you can see it in http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...2085&pageNum=1#
Old 06-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Thats the msrp ,street price i assume would be in the 550 - 650 region but have to wait and see ........
Old 06-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Thats the msrp ,street price i assume would be in the 550 - 650 region but have to wait and see ........
You've got PM

Is it just me or are the PM pop-up notifications not working...?
Old 06-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

DAZ ~ Are your G4+ setups for the past 3 races posted anywhere? Just want to get an idea of what type of setup you're running and how it compares to the G4S.

Thank you,
Rainer

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 06-15-2007 at 04:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.