R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-05-2007, 11:11 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
I sold a copy of my program to a guy named Charles Ariola in Hawaii, and sent it COD. I sent a version that would expire in a month in case the check bounced. The check bounced, and he called a few weeks later to ask why the software expired. I told him to pay me and I would email a working copy of the program. He PayPal'ed me the money, and I sent him a working copy. Then the following week he disputed the PayPla charges. I showed PayPal that I had a bad check from him, his address, his phone #, everything. They still reversed the charges. I have contacted the Prosecutors office in Hawaii to go after him. So PayPal does suck!

So if you ever race in Waipahu Hawaii, go to Hobby-X and say HI to Charles Ariola for me.
Actually Hobby-X WAS on Pearl Harbor naval base. Its been shut down. I've heard that Charles owes a few people, ripped a few too, here. Don't know what has happened to him
Old 05-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #32
Tech Adept

Default RCMART

Here is what happened to me two days agoy.i made an order from RCMART,i chose the products i'd like to buy,i check them out into "my account" tab,i chose paypal as payment etc,i paid for it the ammount i had to pay,i receive the receipt for the payment i had just made through paypal and afterwards,i log in yesterday to see my order status at the RCMART website
[email protected]@@###&&&***the order was NOWHERE and "my card" tab was full with the items i had paid for!!! It seems as if i have not made any order and i have not paid for that.it seems as if i still want to buy the same things i paid 2 days ago!!!i contuct RCMART and i'm waiting for an answer.thanks god i still have the receipt from paypal for the payment in my e-mail.i hope this will end and that they will accept their mistake.i've ordered many times from RCMART and i did not have the slightest problem,but there is always a first time!
nickiphorosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:42 AM   #33
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
Here is what happened to me two days agoy.i made an order from RCMART,i chose the products i'd like to buy,i check them out into "my account" tab,i chose paypal as payment etc,i paid for it the ammount i had to pay,i receive the receipt for the payment i had just made through paypal and afterwards,i log in yesterday to see my order status at the RCMART website
[email protected]@@###&&&***the order was NOWHERE and "my card" tab was full with the items i had paid for!!! It seems as if i have not made any order and i have not paid for that.it seems as if i still want to buy the same things i paid 2 days ago!!!i contuct RCMART and i'm waiting for an answer.thanks god i still have the receipt from paypal for the payment in my e-mail.i hope this will end and that they will accept their mistake.i've ordered many times from RCMART and i did not have the slightest problem,but there is always a first time!
Next time you shop on internet, take a couple of screen shots during check out / payments / confirmation process.

How to take screen shots ?? Press ALT and PRT SCR together, and paste it to microsoft paints or something like that ( I use Irfan View instead of microsoft paints )..
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:53 AM   #34
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Grinder,

I am very sorry to hear that you have been taken by such a low life. Perhaps though some of the blame needs to be with PayPal for not protecting you.

I purchased two engines from you a couple of months ago and whilst they did take a while to get here (Australia) I accept that the problem was with USPS. At no time was i going to try and get my money back.

The payment via PayPal is very good for me here in AUS as it is quick, easy and the reciever of the funds has never had an issue.

I can only hope that you can get some revenge no matter how long it takes on this person.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:41 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Next time you shop on internet, take a couple of screen shots during check out / payments / confirmation process.

How to take screen shots ?? Press ALT and PRT SCR together, and paste it to microsoft paints or something like that ( I use Irfan View instead of microsoft paints )..

take copies of all transactions made over the internet just incase something like this happens.

Hamilton 2008 F1 champion!
twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:07 AM   #36
Tech Adept

Default RCMART

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy

take copies of all transactions made over the internet just incase something like this happens.

i have kept the receipt of the payment and if they want more they can ask from Paypal the transation.Moreover i can show them all the Paypal account activity which prooves that i have made the payment .i hope they won't bring me any other problems and they will understand their mistake.RCMART is a bIg online store and i think they will have faced such problems in the past.i'm waiting for their answer,i'll let you know.thanks for the interest.
nickiphorosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #37
Tech Champion

Actually I went to RCMART in Kwung Tong, Hong Kong. Yes, RCMart it's real RC shop with sales people, lots of desktop computers, internet servers, and a large room full of inventories. I like shopping with RC Mart. When you visit HongKong, give them a call to arrange a visit appointment, and then you can visit the shop.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Sorry to hear you got burnt Grinder.

It sucks when such a nice and trusting bloke like you gets done over, and it would be a shame to have this put you off selling internationaly. I purchased an engine from you last year using pay pal. You had sent the engine to me even though payment was not in full as the postage calculated wasnt the correct ammount. I quickly paid the extra when this was discovered. I have also never heard of anyone who has purchased from you having any sort of drama.

Maybe there is another alternative to paypal.
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #39

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Yeah when Grinder gets ripped off its really sad. Because not only is he loosing money on the motor that he buys himself. He also looses on the time to modify these motors. So its like a double whammy for him.

If your going to rip off a company , I think thats the worst ever. I mean this guys thought process was. Oh hes got the best motors , Im gonna rip that person off. I mean its one thing to rip someone off , but to seek out a speciality motor builder in the US. Thats truly disgusting. I hope the piston blows out the motor and pokes into this vultures skull and he has nothing but problems with it beforehand and most likely he will. I just know it.

Its not some huge company like tower that they probably have insurance for fraud of this nature. Sure got get yourself a TZ and face jail , but man to go after grinders stuff. Thats like walking into this mans house and stealing his TV and while walking out, asking him for the remote thats in grinders hand. Thats really like wacked in the head.

Really sucks and makes it harder for the smaller guys who are really worth having in this biz. Dont let it get you down and maybe we can find some indonesian authorities to forward this information too. Id also get ahold of the FTC and see what they say , possibly the fbi too. Im sure they have a system , uncle sam doesnt like seeing his dollars taken from the country.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:03 AM   #40
Tech Regular

That's real bad news Grinder I feel for you man .

I paid US$300 for an MRX3 that never turned up about a year ago ( It's OK I bought a 4R to make it all better ). Paypal returned about US$80 because that's all he had in his account .

If any of you guys in SoCal would like to go collect the outstanding US$220 from one Christopher A. Wyman of Pumona it would be much appreciated. You can even keep it !!!!

It happens both ways guys the US is full of scammers too .

www.MRCCR.com

Last edited by azcau; 05-07-2007 at 04:52 AM.
azcau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:43 AM   #41
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcau
That's real bad news Grinder I feel for you man .

I paid US$300 for an MRX3 that never turned up about a year ago ( It's OK I bought a 4R to make it all better ). Paypal returned about US$80 because that's all he had in his account .

If any of you guys in SoCal would like to go collect the outstanding US$220 from one Christopher A. Wyman of Pumona it would be much appreciated. You can even keep it !!!!

It happens both ways guys the US is full of scammers too .
Spelling Corrections :

Christopher A. Wyman from POMONA
Old 05-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Sorry like you said Pomona

www.MRCCR.com
Old 05-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

im relatively close to pomona, but ive never seen that name at any of the tracks in cali...might be a basher?

ill ask around though....

-Leo
STICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Thanks Sticks I appreciate it . I'll PM you what I know of him when I get home .

www.MRCCR.com
Old 05-07-2007, 11:58 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576

Hey ASW off the subject what is "PRT" AND "SCR" I am trying to test this out.. But don't know what they mean..
MRX4-R03 is offline   Reply With Quote