Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-10-2003, 07:31 PM   #16
Tech Adept

well, they are pistol style radios.....
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:33 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to simonfdr

Haha. Seriously If someone was going to block me off, he ass would fly off the track. Just gun it right into his damn rear and hope that something flies off and hopefully that would get rid of them for the rest of the day.
simonfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 09:38 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitromatt
I have the problem to get really nervous during races and start shaking, anybody know a good way to help stay more calm. the shaking doesnt really help the driving.
Well dude, i'm going to be just like you. I am going to try my first race at space coast on sunday, and everytime i think about it i get the wierd feeling in my stomach. you know, like when you go over a hill? I'll let you all know how it goes.

But my comment on the attiude part is this:

its just a hobby. some people take it VERY seriously, but i know for me i just want to have fun and have a good time
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 09:47 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Butterflies? Haha, thats a cool feeling. I wish I can go over those hills all the time. The only reason why you get that feeling is because of the inertia in your jewels. It stays up there while the rest of ur body goes down the hill.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:52 PM   #20
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I think its funny when I see people get all worked up over some toy cars. At this one race once, this guy was among the leading 3 cars, he brought it in for a pit stop, then it flamed out. Next thing I know, hes cussing everywhere, picks up the car, and tosses it about 25ft away from him. This was in front of his 2-3 year old daughter.

Then there was this other time that these other racers we knew went on the same message board and started talking smack to other bashers/racers in the same area for lack of skills or whatever.

Funny how the ones I mentioned were all adults. Way to set an example for the little kids in the hobby. BTW, when I race, I'm out to have fun and very careful not to hack others even if it will cost me a position. Sometimes I'll get mad if something happens but most of the time, I keep it to myself and hardly ever swear when I'm near others.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 09:59 PM   #21
Tech Regular

haha ive seen people throw there cars its funny, the 1/8 dudes at my track get so serious and swear and throw cars and stuff its pretty cool to watch... im glad i dont race 1/8's though hehe
mitch179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 10:00 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan
I think its funny when I see people get all worked up over some toy cars. At this one race once, this guy was among the leading 3 cars, he brought it in for a pit stop, then it flamed out. Next thing I know, hes cussing everywhere, picks up the car, and tosses it about 25ft away from him. This was in front of his 2-3 year old daughter.

Then there was this other time that these other racers we knew went on the same message board and started talking smack to other bashers/racers in the same area for lack of skills or whatever.

Funny how the ones I mentioned were all adults. Way to set an example for the little kids in the hobby. BTW, when I race, I'm out to have fun and very careful not to hack others even if it will cost me a position. Sometimes I'll get mad if something happens but most of the time, I keep it to myself and hardly ever swear when I'm near others.
Woah.. that guy has some issues... I would never toss my car. To make matters worst, infront of his daughter? Pretty immature...

Why are bashers racing with those people that think they're so good? Aren't there classes?
Old 04-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #23
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by simonfdr
Woah.. that guy has some issues... I would never toss my car. To make matters worst, infront of his daughter? Pretty immature...

Why are bashers racing with those people that think they're so good? Aren't there classes?
No, not racing in the same classes. Just some other racers decided to talk smack about people who bash but don't race. Funny how they talked big on the forum but won't say a word about it in person.

Oh, as for the guy who threw his car that day, I think he got warned by the track director. He seems to behave better now.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 06:27 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Most of the racers who do hack are usually beginners, they don't hack intentionally and the ones who hack purposely can't stand to loose
That's exactly the way I feel about it. I'm just a beginner and I'm tryin' to learn...but, at the same time, I don't want the other racers to get mad at me if I accidentally "KO" their ride. I don't care what happens to my car,...I'll fix it and go on. But I know how much money a person can put in one of these little machines. Some people take it a lot more seriously than others.
I just don't want to cause any "bad blood" on the track. To me, it's all about fun!
Donnie-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 07:17 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Donnie-D
That's exactly the way I feel about it. I'm just a beginner and I'm tryin' to learn...but, at the same time, I don't want the other racers to get mad at me if I accidentally "KO" their ride. I don't care what happens to my car,...I'll fix it and go on. But I know how much money a person can put in one of these little machines. Some people take it a lot more seriously than others.
I just don't want to cause any "bad blood" on the track. To me, it's all about fun!
Donnie-D,

I feel the same way. I'm a beginner and i want to have fun, but since i havent done it before i know i'll be all over the track on my first run. But in the same breath i dont want to cause bad blood with other drivers. SO i'm going to do my best not to hit other cars. Like you said, we can fix our cars and carry on. With repairs and other little modifications, i'm probably close to 700-800 bucks already on this car. And it only 2 weeks old and i havent even raced it yet!!!
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 07:48 AM   #26
Tech Apprentice

I hear ya', man...

I've probably got upwards around $700-$800 sunk into my ride as well. This is definitely NOT an inexpensive hobby!

I guess if everyone had the same attitude about racin' that you and I have, there'd be nothing to worry about.

Make sure you check back with us and let us know how your first race goes!

One thing that I did learn...

If you make nice, slow, even, consistent laps around the track, you just might be surprised at the results!

I know exactly what you mean about the butterflies in the stomache! I trembled the whole time that I was on the track! (Kinda' like when you kiss a girl for the very first time!)

That's what it's all about...!!!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 07:55 AM   #27
Tech Master

I remember hearing a story of a guy throwing his eigth scale buggy into the lagoon next to the track. As the guy was walking to his pit area, he saw all the guys staring and he said "you can have it for all I care" and some people went wading in and fished out a new ride. Don't know how true it is, but I've seen guys get mad enough that such a possibility seems likely in my mind. The friend that told me is pretty close, so I kind of (kind of ) believe him on this whale of a fish story .
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 08:00 AM   #28
Tech Apprentice

That's too funny...!

Man,...someone that has that kind of issues with R/C racin' needs to find a different hobby to get into! (Needle Point?) Hmmmm...
Old 04-11-2003, 08:08 AM   #29
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Donnie-D
That's too funny...!

Man,...someone that has that kind of issues with R/C racin' needs to find a different hobby to get into! (Needle Point?) Hmmmm...
Crochet or knitting? That might not be what you mean, ( sorry didn't get it at first) but I thought of knitting when you said needle point.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 08:19 AM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Heck man,..that's exactly what I mean! Maybe he needs to try golf or stamp collecting. Getting frustrated is one thing, but throwing $750 worth of R/C car in the lagoon is crazy!!!