Wiki Posts
Search

Tire saucing

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default Tire saucing

I've got a question on tire sauce. Is tire saucing pratical for on-road nitro(sedan) or is it better suited just for indoor carpet. I found my self between shores 38 to soft and 40 a little to hard I would like to try saucing some front 40 shore.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tire Saucing

If you run at any sanctioned event using tire dope is illegal. Tire traction compound for nitro tires is also pretty impractical. During a main of anything longere than ten minutes the effects of the traction will be completely gone. This will leave you with an inconistant handling car from where you started. The next thing you have to consider is if your track is sprayed or not. If it's not sprayed you will pick up even more dirt from the track. That will make your tires worse. If the track is sprayed you will have to figure out what traction compound to use. Some traction compounds will not react well with soda water, or VHT. Traction will be worse. Using traction compound on nitro tires is really a futile effort.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Thats what I thought; I've seen a couple of guys at are track use this (club race) but I didn't see the benefit of using it on a sprayed parklot track. Thanks again for the info. I did not know it was illegal at sanction nitro races.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah I didnt know this either. The only thing I seem to use lately is trinity tire tweak. I soak the tire in advance to the race and them place them in a plastic ziplock baggy. This helps bring the natural tire adhesion properties back. Like it was fresh off the assembly line. This also seems to last much longer and gets deep into the entire tire.

Basically all rubber/foam tires like a little oil in them , if not they get dry and slide. You can use after-run oil and a few other common oils around the house. Works great.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Is the Trinity Foam Tire Tweak that AI references also illegal to use at sanctioned nitro races?
Old 05-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default tire tweak

It's kind of like speeding. It's only illegal if you get caught!