Wiki Posts
Search

Active Hobby Atenza SR (200mm) Body

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Active Hobby Atenza SR (200mm) Body

Aside from rcosmax, has anyone else run this body yet? Mine in sitting in a bag waiting to be painted. How does it compare to the Mazda6? Any tips on wing placement?

Thanks!

Yes, I know it's not ROAR legal - it's just for club racing.

BTW... If you're interested. I have more pictures of the body in and out of the bag here.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sweet....where did you order it from?

Thanks,

Nel
Old 04-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by neltime64
Sweet....where did you order it from?

Thanks,

Nel
I ordered it from RC Adviser Champ in Japan. Since Axial is going to be carrying the Active Hobby product line, I'm wondering if you'll be able to get it through an Axial dealer in the near future.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Looks good ,kinda like the East Coast Mugen Accord R.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Looks good ,kinda like the East Coast Mugen Accord R.
i've had this body for a while now, it's sort of a werid one.... it isn't as stable as my protoform stratus all purpose, and it doesn't have as much initial steerign either, but on exit, the rear end keeps rotating, and the front stays steering as opposed to settling in through, and on exit of a corner.

the all purpose through the s sections at my local track was a lot more settled and relaxed on the s section compared to the active spr.

i setttled the car down a fair bit using the option active rear wing, but still it was not as good as the all purp stratus. On a fast flowing sweeper after a straight the spr rear end kicked out whilst the all purp was smooth and stable.

my conclusion is that the front actually has too much downforce my body was also infact mounted towards the rear quite a bit (ie less overhang on the front wheels), so i should of had alot more rear end downforce.

it looks sweet though!
Attached Thumbnails Active Hobby Atenza SR (200mm) Body-active-body6.jpg   Active Hobby Atenza SR (200mm) Body-active-body5.jpg   Active Hobby Atenza SR (200mm) Body-active-body1.jpg  
Old 04-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

TomB ~ Nice paint job! Thanks for for the feedback. I'm hoping the SR is a bit more stable.

The paint job in the photos is what I think makes the body so inviting. Too bad it doesn't come that way. It caught my attention while I was browsing some photos from the 2006 FEMCA championships.

The front end on the Type-M and the SR/SP-R are somewhat similar. What I noticed with the Parma Type-M at the time I tested it, was that the rear end was a lot looser than the Mazda 6 that I usually run. Your conclusion about too much front downforce may be right on the mark.

We'll see how it works out. I run a different setup these days, so it might be better. I should throw on the Type-M and see if the rear end is still loose.

Just FYI for everyone else, there are two versions of the Atenza body - SR (which I have) and SP-R (pictured below). With that fancy paint job, it's hard to tell them part.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

In FEMCA was TQ A1
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....roducts_id=163
Old 04-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

We ran a few bodies back to back on my G4s's a while back.

Protoform Stratus 3.1
Protoform Mazda6
Protoform Nemesis
Blitz Mazda6 2.0
Blitz Mazda3 2.0
Blitz TC 2.0 (Stratus)

Of these bodies the best steering and balance was the Mazda3
next was the Blitz TC and Protoform Stratus and Blitz Mazda6 all with good balance and decent steering.
The Nemesis was a surprise with its high speed handling.
The Protoform Mazda6 was a bit on the tail happy side coming out of corners and had some understeer going into corners ,was definately a hand full to drive.
While the Mazda3 and Stratus are favourites i must admit that this comparison was on the day with a car setup with Mazda3 body on it.
Guess if car was setup on another body ,outcome would posibbly be different.
But all the guys that have run the Mazda3 find it is more planted and has good steering.
We dont have many makes of bodies available and the Protoform are more popular especially the Stratus and Mazda6.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks razzor.

I ran the Protoform Status recently on an MTX-4 and it was pretty neutral. It took quite a bit of extra power on exit to get the back loose. Depending on how things go with the Atenza, I will probably try the Blitz Mazda 3 next.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have run the body several times and have felt that it gives similar handling to the Mazda6 but the aggressiveness steering that the 300 body. It is a very good body that I found even on a semi rough to smooth track held its own. I would say that it did perform a bit better on the rougher terrain tracks allowing the car to seat and plant the rear allowing me to have a loser set up in the rear to swing the car into the turns allowing power-slides with little offset to the balance of the steering.

DO not set the wing to far to the rear keep it more aligned with the rear of the body to gain the better characteristics mentioned. That was on Kissimmee track and Cincinnati but you can make other holes on the wing. I made three sets. Forward center and rear positioning. Test them out and see what works best for you.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Rick
Old 04-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

have to agree with kcrunchone the rear wing placement makes a noticeable difference.
I set with wing lined up with rear bumper and go one hole back from there.
I just love the steering from the Mazda3
Old 05-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Ran the body on my MTX-4 today with Kawaharas (not the Jacos as shown below) and it was awesome. It was really stable and provided just the right amount of steering. Full-throttle drifting through the sweeper leading into the straight was very predictable and the car just planted itself once the wheel were pointed straight. This body is great. I highly recommend it.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Ran the body on my MTX-4 today with Kawaharas (not the Jacos as shown below) and it was awesome. It was really stable and provided just the right amount of steering. Full-throttle drifting through the sweeper leading into the straight was very predictable and the car just planted itself once the wheel were pointed straight. This body is great. I highly recommend it.

Great to see you found the body to help you get the best out of the Mtx4
Does this mean that you will be making the Mugen No.1 in your stable now?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.