R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-09-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation Sirio Engine needle question, is it faulty?

Have any of you taken apart the carb on a sirio engine? I recently perchased a sirio motor but have never started it because i cant get fuel to the engine. after alot of troubleshooting, the problem is because fuel cant get past the midspeed needle. in investigated the midspeed needle i see a hole drilled through the length of it and two holes drilled crossways on the side. these holes do not connect, and in looking at the way fuel leaves from the highspeed needle housing and enters in the midspeed needle housing, i dont see how it is possible to acheave flow with the holes not connected in the midspeed needle. i ordered a new midspeed needle and it was made the same way. my question for all of you that have looked at the needles in the carb, is it suppose to be this way or not? attached is a diagram of the needle to help explain what i'm trying to say a little better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mid speed needel.jpg (9.0 KB, 298 views)
no1stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 02:30 PM   #2
Tech Elite

You'd better to return the needle and return the carb for repairment. The two holes should be connected, so for me seems a real big manufacturing fault.

If LHS and your importer don't solve this, blame directly to them, you can find them at:

http://www.star-motor.com

Hope I helped.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 03:41 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

thats what i thought. what really sucks about it is the replacement piece i ordered is faulty as well. i wrote sirio directly right before i stated this thread, incase they didnt write back. thanks for your insight.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:41 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

i have heard many complaints on the sirio carbs for one reason or another although never for this particular reason

my plan is to take a novarossi carb and put it onto my sirio engines i know i can 100% trust a novarossi carb and it can be modified within legal spec whereas the sirio carb is illegal without its insert because it is 6mm
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 08:48 PM   #5
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A friend of mine had the exact same problem. He sent it back and they gave him a new one.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:36 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Sirio Carbs sucks

Yeah I have a sirio and my carb does not let me adjust the Idol. I had to buy a Nova Rossi one too. How did you contact sirio because I have 3 bad carbs.
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 07:02 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I believe that the 1st batch of sirios had a bad carb. I bought sirio and I could never get it dialed in. But a buddy of mine bought sirio and his carb is different than mine. Same carb body, but now there's a silver alum. plate behind the mid-range needle. BTW, I tuned his sirio, and that suck is hella fast. It idles alot smoother also.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 08:14 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Tony, I went to http://www.star-motor.com and wrote them an email stating my problem and attached my diagram. I got this email back stating what to do:

Dear Riley,
i'm sorry into read of your problem and carb. defect and about the fact that also the spare part was defected, but sometime the bad luck is stronger that anyting else.
All i can do is to suggest you to go back again to your local dealer where you've purchased the engine and the spare, and ask them to replace the wrong machined part with a new one, informing our American distributor (TRINITY) about your defect and ask for a warranty replace.
I'm sure you'll solve this problem quickly.
Regards
A.Rossi
Old 04-12-2003, 09:42 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to moshmxpx

if you are in the US, just send it to trinity. they are the american sirio distributor.
moshmxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 02:31 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger
I believe that the 1st batch of sirios had a bad carb. I bought sirio and I could never get it dialed in. But a buddy of mine bought sirio and his carb is different than mine. Same carb body, but now there's a silver alum. plate behind the mid-range needle. BTW, I tuned his sirio, and that suck is hella fast. It idles alot smoother also.
Is the aluminium plate visible from the outside? And around what time did they stop selling the first batch of sirios, I got mine from tower in december (hasnt been broken in yet) do you think I have the first or second batch?

Thanks
AE Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 04:18 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice

I bought mine from Tower Hobbies in February, two months after you.