1/8th scale Motonica

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

:Good luck to Garen H and Brad T in Vegas this weekend. GO GETEM BOYS!!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Scotty, thank you.

Brad, my shipment should have been here, but TNT screwed up and the package was on its way to Arkansas...long story short, I don't have jackets yet but if TNT can find and reroute the shipment and have it at my house before I leave for Vegas, I will bring some.

October- The new car is not available yet, but the price will be higher for sure, partially due to the ever rising Euro. The 'old' car is just fine; the new car has the same exact geometry, only a few minor changes are being made. Go back a few pages and read what I posted.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by garen
Scotty, thank you.

Brad, my shipment should have been here, but TNT screwed up and the package was on its way to Arkansas...long story short, I don't have jackets yet but if TNT can find and reroute the shipment and have it at my house before I leave for Vegas, I will bring some.

October- The new car is not available yet, but the price will be higher for sure, partially due to the ever rising Euro. The 'old' car is just fine; the new car has the same exact geometry, only a few minor changes are being made. Go back a few pages and read what I posted.

thanks
Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Garen,
Did you get Jackets?
Jackets? What jackets Garen? Save one for your buddy in Texas man.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

A bit of small news and pictures on the Motonica over at 3hobby.net
Old 01-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Suspended

http://www.redrc.net/2008/01/motonic...ion/#more-7398

new 08 version......
Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Suspended

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...erace027-1.jpg

i think this guy is wearing the motonica jacket...nice
Old 01-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ocktoberfest00
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...erace027-1.jpg

i think this guy is wearing the motonica jacket...nice
Yes he is, that is Garen.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by richey
Yes he is, that is Garen.

so thats him...cool..now i have a face and a name to go with it....
Old 01-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Great photo of me! The new jackets are a bit different, I'll try to post some photos of them today...they arrived while I was at the race.
Real quick race update: We had a small field of 1/8th drivers, but all 4 Motonica cars made the main directly. At the start Brad T slingshoted around and took the lead with me right behind. I followed him for a few laps until he made a mistake and broke. I took over the lead and pulled away until I also made a mistake and broke the front body mount. Not to take anything away from the winner, but we definitely had the 2 fastest cars in the main, we just made some mistakes and it cost us good results. I think I set the fastest single lap time of the weekend. Brad (YBSLOW) will be making a new front body mount plate which will make the car a bit more durable on hard front end impacts and I look forward to putting one on my car.
My setup was very similar to my GLARCRC setup; I'll post it here later. The car has a very good balance of steering and rear grip, with excellent rotation in the corners.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Looking at Scott Fisher's photos the motonica he has taken pictures of is using mugen offset wheels. Is that going to be a optional part in the future or have I missed something?
Old 01-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pillbots
Looking at Scott Fisher's photos the motonica he has taken pictures of is using mugen offset wheels. Is that going to be a optional part in the future or have I missed something?
Mugen/Kyosho rims fit perfectly.....
Old 01-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

We used a mix of tires this weekend. The white wheeled tires on my car are from a new tire company in France. For the main I ran X-Tyres.
Motonica uses the same offset as Kyosho and Mugen. Certain brands of wheels might rub the rear uprights, but a little grinding takes care of that.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Here's a couple of not so good shots of the new jackets. I'll get better shots later. The jackets are very warm, fleece material inside. The arms can be zipped off, and there is a hood that folds and zips up. 3 inner pockets, 1 of them zips up. Wrist have adjustable velcro straps. 4 outer pockets, 2 with velcro. There are also zippers on the sides which you can unzip to make the jacket a bit bigger...if you had a big dinner or breakfast. Motonica across the back, and logo on the front and right arm. The jacket has a fitted feel as well.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The driver stand picture looks like Garen is giving birth to an orange Motonica.

I can also say:

I didn't take any of the photos and that Kyosho Red Box tires do work on the Motonica without any rubbing problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.