R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #106
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hey Everyone, I want to post some comments and info on Motonica and the P8R.

I ran the car for the first time (not counting 1/2 day of engine break in) this past weekend in Vegas. Overall the car is very good. We had a very small turnout of racers, but I did TQ and was leading the main at the 25 minute mark by over 1/2 lap when lapped traffic took me out...steering servo horn broke of all things...

Setup wise I used Parma R11 and Central bodies....but mostly the R11. I built the car to the exact setup provided in the manual. This setup did not work on the Vegas track as it generated too much (rear) grip. The main changes I made were replacing the 2mm shims in the rear upper and lower arms with 1mm shims; running 37 shore X-tyres 72mm/65mm; moving the front shocks down 1 hole; rear bar at 90 degrees; front width at 250mm; Y brace in the front. I will post a complete setup later.


Option Parts: I am using front and rear ti dogbones; front ergal bulkhead mount; ergal mid layshaft mount, ti 2 speed shaft, ergal rear lower arm mounts, ergal buttplate. I used some Team VTX ti screws when I built the car, and with 72/65mm tires, my car weighed 2535 grams, with transponder. I also installed Serpent front body mount posts, but I will replace them with the stock pieces soon. I used the Serpent posts because I was trying 5 different bodies and I did not want to shorten the stock mounts to fit certain bodies. You can see some photos here:

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...rial/?start=80














Durability: I had a radio dump in practice and while trying to stop and shut my car off I broke the front body mount plate and bent 2 pivot balls. Otherwise the car took some hits and kept on going...except for the servo horn in the final...

Parts Supply/Support: I will have some news to post really soon. In the meantime, if you are in need of parts/cars, let me know.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:06 PM   #107
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Hey Everyone, I want to post some comments and info on Motonica and the P8R.

I ran the car for the first time (not counting 1/2 day of engine break in) this past weekend in Vegas. Overall the car is very good. We had a very small turnout of racers, but I did TQ and was leading the main at the 25 minute mark by over 1/2 lap when lapped traffic took me out...steering servo horn broke of all things...

Setup wise I used Parma R11 and Central bodies....but mostly the R11. I built the car to the exact setup provided in the manual. This setup did not work on the Vegas track as it generated too much (rear) grip. The main changes I made were replacing the 2mm shims in the rear upper and lower arms with 1mm shims; running 37 shore X-tyres 72mm/65mm; moving the front shocks down 1 hole; rear bar at 90 degrees; front width at 250mm; Y brace in the front. I will post a complete setup later.


Option Parts: I am using front and rear ti dogbones; front ergal bulkhead mount; ergal mid layshaft mount, ti 2 speed shaft, ergal rear lower arm mounts, ergal buttplate. I used some Team VTX ti screws when I built the car, and with 72/65mm tires, my car weighed 2535 grams, with transponder. I also installed Serpent front body mount posts, but I will replace them with the stock pieces soon. I used the Serpent posts because I was trying 5 different bodies and I did not want to shorten the stock mounts to fit certain bodies. You can see some photos here:

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...rial/?start=80














Durability: I had a radio dump in practice and while trying to stop and shut my car off I broke the front body mount plate and bent 2 pivot balls. Otherwise the car took some hits and kept on going...except for the servo horn in the final...

Parts Supply/Support: I will have some news to post realy soon. In the meantime, if you are in need of parts/cars, let me know.
Excellent job Garen!! Too bad about the servo horn bro. Everything else you had to say is excellent news!! Thank you for the update. I'm bumbed out that I didn't get to make this race and get to meet you. I have never missed this race until this year. Oh well, many more races to come.
I do have a friend that wants a car, he was actually there in Vegas with you. His name is Mark Klenin in case you might have recognized it while being out there in Vegas, he currently runs a MRX4-R. He just asked me a few weeks ago about where to obtain a car. I will talk with him and get back with you. Thank you again for the great news and the post! Take care bro!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #108
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Hey Garen, if you don't mind posting your final setup for the Vegas race when you have time, it would be VERY appreciated! I seem to race there often and last time there (Nationals), I had the same problem with too much rear grip and couldn't find the right setup in time. Regardless, I love my MOTONICA.

Again, thankyou very much for all the info you posted. The car looks GREAT!!!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #109
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

I am pretty sure Garen knows who Mark Klenin is.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #110
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Darren, I know Mark... worked on his son's car Thursday night. Mark made the main but had to leave early.
I will post my complete setup later. I think the setup I have now is a good starting point for the next race, and it should not be used as a be all/end all setup.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #111
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
I am pretty sure Garen knows who Mark Klenin is.
Dude, really? I'm always a bit lost when it comes to names and stuff. Hell I probably know you and don't even realize it. If pictures were attached to the names I would be doing great! How does Garen know Mark? I'm Darren, the one that usually goes to all the races with Mark. You'll have to forgive me, the medication I need to take for pain messes with my memory bad. Dude, it sucks man. So if I do happen to know you guys at the track and not here on the forum, I appologize. I happen to be a #'s guy, not a "Name" person. I suck bad with names, so sorry guys. Bear with me. Thanks.
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #112
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Darren, you know me. Tall guy...talked to you at the April race...along with Weise...
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #113
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Darren, I know Mark... worked on his son's car Thursday night. Mark made the main but had to leave early.
I will post my complete setup later. I think the setup I have now is a good starting point for the next race, and it should not be used as a be all/end all setup.
Cool man, Thanks and I totally understand changes need to be made sometimes on a daily bases at the same track. Track conditions are a never ending battle.
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #114
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Darren, you know me. Tall guy...talked to you at the April race...along with Weise...
OHHH YEAHHHH! Dude that's right. Damn I can be so absent minded these days. I'm sorry bro. Well that is just TOTALLY COOL!!! Now I know that I am dealing with a cool dude. Sweet. That helped shed some light! Sweet bro, well thanks for all your updateing and posts, and putting up with my short term memory. I need to go now and trip out a bit on this new found info. It feels as though my brain is falling out. Later Garen!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #115
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami Fl.
Posts: 407
Default

i sure want one of these cars......
MERCCER4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #116
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCCER4LIFE View Post
i sure want one of these cars......
Send me a PM with your contact info, I'll be in touch.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #117
LCM
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 27
Default

At the end the fourth and last race of the Spanish National was terrible for me, i couldnīt even complete a single lap in my sub final, because i hit a car stopped in the track, and damaged mine one. For the team, it was a good day, because a team mate became Spanish Champion +40 (over 40 years old) in stile, winning the +40 final and getting the title.
This year itīs all over, next one weīll see what happens.
LCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #118
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd View Post
DUDE, Dario qualified in the top ten at the worlds! Hello, what are you smoking? Explain to me these results then as well please...

Third round of the Italian Championship: 1st place for Dario Balestri - Motonica P8.0R - Novarossi

1
Dario Balestri
239
60:11.037

2
Massimo Fantini
239
60:11.218

3
Alberto Picco
237
60:01.355

4
Daniele Ielasi
236
59:21.638

5
Carmine Raiola
236
60:04.372

6
Lamberto Collari
235
60:08.611

7
Andrea Cristiani
233
60:12.437

8
Fabio Domanin
232
59:22.503

9
Domenico Calce
232
60:07.822

10
Marco Vanni
231
60:04.231

YEAH, THAT"S WHAT I THOUGHT. You don't have a clue to what your talking about.
at the worlds ballestri finish last maybe you smoking hierba ?
E.Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #119
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

He did not finish last. Maybe last in the A-main which is definitely not last.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #120
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Rocha View Post
at the worlds ballestri finish last maybe you smoking hierba ?
No Comment.
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MOTONICA 1/8 SCALE ONROAD ITALIAN CAR ianhobbies Nitro On-Road 69 02-01-2012 01:41 PM
Wanted: Motonica P8.0R Gerner R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-19-2008 04:45 AM
Motonica P8.0R jozat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 12-30-2007 08:20 PM
Motonica P8.0R jozat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 12-30-2007 06:31 PM
motonica-2wd pan........... Taylorm Nitro On-Road 10 05-29-2007 05:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net