R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #1171
Tech Adept
 
VIPMOTORSPORTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hollywood X3
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
Are you using Loctite on the plastic??????

Well that is good that you have the kit and building it now. I hope I get mine before the first big race. I am going to take a day off work to break in the engine, run the car, and dial it in. Only thing in my way is work and if they give me the day off!

By the way, what is a good weight/speed servo to use on 8th scale on-road cars, as well as for throttle? Are the screws hex or are they phillips?
Harry u want your kit anodized gold before we ship it to you??
__________________
Motonica-USA // Novarossi // TKO Bearings // Airtronics // Protoform

VIP Auto Group Inc.
VIPMOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #1172
Tech Elite
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPMOTORSPORTS View Post
Harry u want your kit anodized gold before we ship it to you??
No, make it red blue and orange. Then you got yourself a deal!
__________________
Car(s): Team Losi 22 1/10 Buggy, Team Losi 22 1/10 Stadium Truck
Motors/Engines: SP 13.5 v1.0, SP 17.5 v3.0 x2, RevTech 7.5
Radio: Spektrum DX3R, DX3S
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #1173
Tech Addict
 
Arno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: RCville, Ca
Posts: 601
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

For everyone that has preordered a P81 from Motonica-USA your kits will be shipped out on Saturday, because Garen is on his anniversary vacation and will return either Friday night or Saturday morning.
__________________
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
Arno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #1174
Tech Adept
 
Ice_nl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 134
Send a message via MSN to Ice_nl
Default

Also had my first race last week at the Rucphen track. (we have 2 classes during our national series, Nomac and NK. NK is for the real fast drivers and Nomac for the regular drivers. I start in the Nomac)

Practised on the saturday before the race and my P8.0r felt good, i used the same setup as i used last year. Had some engine troubles so put in my other 359 and started to see if i could make 5 min on a tank. Went well so cleaned the car, trued some tires and made it ready for the next day.

On sunday i started in the third heat. i had a bad start as the track was still slippery on the sides, after the start it went well until i ran out of fuel in the last corner so did 20 laps in 5:24. so for the second qualifier we changed the clutch spring and i expected to do better than my first run. So we warmed up the car and when it was time to do some warm up laps we switched on the car and it didnt work as the cable to the accu came loose. Fixed that for the third heat and checked the other wires. Decided to do an fuel stop so i didnt had to worry about fuel consumption. heat went ok, but got hit when overtaking so ill spun in the grass and combined with the fuel stop it costed me a lot of time so i did 19 laps in 5:04.768. so i qualified on the 24th place which is bad. I had to run the 1/4th final. during the warm-up for this final i noticed that the car would not shift so with only 1 min before the start i came in and let my pit guy adjust it, expected to be late for the start but he managed to do it in time for the start the start went well and while still shifting late the car was drivable. After a couple of laps me and an other driver where pulling away fro the field. we switched places a couple of times and then the other fast driver got clutch problems and went in the pit. I had a comfortable lead and wanted to cruise to the finish. but with only 2,5min to go the car didnt respond and stopped in the grass. the accu came loose and fell out (used tape and double sided tape to fasten it, so dont undertand how it came loose.) I ended up 4th place that 1/4th final so i didnt bump up to the semi final
__________________
RC-Models.nl | Shepherd Velox V8 EC OM-Edition | Shepherd Velox F1 | Buri Racer E1.2 | Tamiya 419x
Ice_nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #1175
Tech Elite
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arno View Post
For everyone that has preordered a P81 from Motonica-USA your kits will be shipped out on Saturday, because Garen is on his anniversary vacation and will return either Friday night or Saturday morning.
Ahhh, ok. I hope he had a good vacation.

So I guess my car comes in next week!!!

Oh man, I am so excited. I just wish my Hudy engine break-in stand would hurry up and arrive.

And Arno, keep posting pictures as you build the P81. I wanna see you loctite more screws into plastic!
__________________
Car(s): Team Losi 22 1/10 Buggy, Team Losi 22 1/10 Stadium Truck
Motors/Engines: SP 13.5 v1.0, SP 17.5 v3.0 x2, RevTech 7.5
Radio: Spektrum DX3R, DX3S
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #1176
Tech Apprentice
 
stefanmotonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_nl View Post
Also had my first race last week at the Rucphen track. (we have 2 classes during our national series, Nomac and NK. NK is for the real fast drivers and Nomac for the regular drivers. I start in the Nomac)

Practised on the saturday before the race and my P8.0r felt good, i used the same setup as i used last year. Had some engine troubles so put in my other 359 and started to see if i could make 5 min on a tank. Went well so cleaned the car, trued some tires and made it ready for the next day.

On sunday i started in the third heat. i had a bad start as the track was still slippery on the sides, after the start it went well until i ran out of fuel in the last corner so did 20 laps in 5:24. so for the second qualifier we changed the clutch spring and i expected to do better than my first run. So we warmed up the car and when it was time to do some warm up laps we switched on the car and it didnt work as the cable to the accu came loose. Fixed that for the third heat and checked the other wires. Decided to do an fuel stop so i didnt had to worry about fuel consumption. heat went ok, but got hit when overtaking so ill spun in the grass and combined with the fuel stop it costed me a lot of time so i did 19 laps in 5:04.768. so i qualified on the 24th place which is bad. I had to run the 1/4th final. during the warm-up for this final i noticed that the car would not shift so with only 1 min before the start i came in and let my pit guy adjust it, expected to be late for the start but he managed to do it in time for the start the start went well and while still shifting late the car was drivable. After a couple of laps me and an other driver where pulling away fro the field. we switched places a couple of times and then the other fast driver got clutch problems and went in the pit. I had a comfortable lead and wanted to cruise to the finish. but with only 2,5min to go the car didnt respond and stopped in the grass. the accu came loose and fell out (used tape and double sided tape to fasten it, so dont undertand how it came loose.) I ended up 4th place that 1/4th final so i didnt bump up to the semi final
Hello Ice,

I had the same problem at the Mach in Heemstede, my battery also came loose and it was caused by the fuel leaking at the pit stops.
Now i have my battery in "krimpkous" shrinking foil i think, and glued it with Bison Tix glue on the carbon plate.
Now problems since than.

Greetz Stefan.
stefanmotonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #1177
Tech Elite
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN
Default

Hey Arno, have you thought about using LiPo batteries with the P81? Why or why not? Do LiPo receiver batteries fit with the P81?
__________________
Car(s): Team Losi 22 1/10 Buggy, Team Losi 22 1/10 Stadium Truck
Motors/Engines: SP 13.5 v1.0, SP 17.5 v3.0 x2, RevTech 7.5
Radio: Spektrum DX3R, DX3S
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #1178
Tech Addict
 
Arno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: RCville, Ca
Posts: 601
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
Hey Arno, have you thought about using LiPo batteries with the P81? Why or why not? Do LiPo receiver batteries fit with the P81?
I've never even thought about using lipos, weight and runtime has never really been an issue for me, but I'm sure there are lipos that will fit if you wanted to use them.
__________________
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
Arno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #1179
Tech Elite
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arno View Post
I've never even thought about using lipos, weight and runtime has never really been an issue for me, but I'm sure there are lipos that will fit if you wanted to use them.
Well it is not mainly about weight or run time when using LiPo. I know one guy at my track said that it actually gives better results for servoes; making them faster and stronger.
__________________
Car(s): Team Losi 22 1/10 Buggy, Team Losi 22 1/10 Stadium Truck
Motors/Engines: SP 13.5 v1.0, SP 17.5 v3.0 x2, RevTech 7.5
Radio: Spektrum DX3R, DX3S
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #1180
Tech Addict
 
Arno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: RCville, Ca
Posts: 601
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
Well it is not mainly about weight or run time when using LiPo. I know one guy at my track said that it actually gives better results for servoes; making them faster and stronger.
Oh I see, thats never been an issue for me either, and I always use digital servos.
__________________
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
Arno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #1181
Tech Elite
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arno View Post
Oh I see, thats never been an issue for me either, and I always use digital servos.
So does he. I guess it is just a matter of opinion. When you really think about it and compare the servo's performance between 4.8v, 6.0v, and then 7.4v, you are looking at faster steering, throttle, and brake response.

So any more pictures of the car's development, senor Arno?
__________________
Car(s): Team Losi 22 1/10 Buggy, Team Losi 22 1/10 Stadium Truck
Motors/Engines: SP 13.5 v1.0, SP 17.5 v3.0 x2, RevTech 7.5
Radio: Spektrum DX3R, DX3S
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #1182
Tech Addict
 
Arno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: RCville, Ca
Posts: 601
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
So does he. I guess it is just a matter of opinion. When you really think about it and compare the servo's performance between 4.8v, 6.0v, and then 7.4v, you are looking at faster steering, throttle, and brake response.

So any more pictures of the car's development, senor Arno?
I will post more pics tonight.
__________________
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
Arno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:24 AM   #1183
Tech Elite
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arno View Post
I will post more pics tonight.
Donde esta el pictures-o, senor Arno!

I'm just dogging yah man. How much of the car have you completed thus far? Any issues? Concerns? Lauds?
__________________
Car(s): Team Losi 22 1/10 Buggy, Team Losi 22 1/10 Stadium Truck
Motors/Engines: SP 13.5 v1.0, SP 17.5 v3.0 x2, RevTech 7.5
Radio: Spektrum DX3R, DX3S
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:26 AM   #1184
Tech Adept
 
VIPMOTORSPORTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hollywood X3
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
Donde esta el pictures-o, senor Arno!

I'm just dogging yah man. How much of the car have you completed thus far? Any issues? Concerns? Lauds?
I think the poor guy fell asleep while putting his car together wake up Arno time to go to work!!!
__________________
Motonica-USA // Novarossi // TKO Bearings // Airtronics // Protoform

VIP Auto Group Inc.
VIPMOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #1185
Tech Addict
 
Arno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: RCville, Ca
Posts: 601
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Here are some more pics, Im almost done......







__________________
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
Arno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MOTONICA 1/8 SCALE ONROAD ITALIAN CAR ianhobbies Nitro On-Road 69 02-01-2012 01:41 PM
Wanted: Motonica P8.0R Gerner R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-19-2008 04:45 AM
Motonica P8.0R jozat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 12-30-2007 08:20 PM
Motonica P8.0R jozat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 12-30-2007 06:31 PM
motonica-2wd pan........... Taylorm Nitro On-Road 10 05-29-2007 05:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:11 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net