R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #961
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis View Post
I think the only parts that might be the same with the P8.0R are the transmition and fuel tank.

Everything else from the photos of the prototype look new.

John you got PM
Old 12-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #962
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
woohoo! a redesigned front body mount?
is this a new model car?
OILMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #963
Tech Addict

Default FOR SALE

Last edited by Arno; 12-15-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Arno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #964
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47
Talking motonica new racer

I would like to thank mike saputo and garen for hooking up my new ride for2009 racing season. it looks like a joy to drive and i love the radio set-up one neat package. i look forward to 2009.

Last edited by gary47; 12-17-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: up date
gary47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #965
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Ice_nl

I just ordered a P8.0R 2008 version to use next season. Saw the pics of the new car but it looks to different to me. I still got a lot of spares from this season and i liked the different look the motonica used to have.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #966
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MOTONICA P8.OR 2008

hi Guys
i have listed a NEW IN BOX Motonica kit on ebay, and a second listing with a parts package. I will not be running 1/8 this year so its got to go. Send me a note if interested.
MrSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:40 PM   #967
Tech Adept

Where did you see pics of the new car? or are you looking at the proto type? when will we see them in the states?

c ya
Randy
Old 12-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #968
Tech Master

We had our last race of the year this past weekend, the GLARCRC Toy's for Tots here in LA. There were about 34 1/8th cars at this race, 4 of them Motonica. We managed to put 3 of the 4 in the A Main including TQ and 1st overall.

Scotty Barrera flew out from Texas for this event, his first at this track. During the Friday practice session we made a few minor adjustments to our cars and were quite happy with our laptimes.

Saturday morning brought some rain, which eventually stopped and the high winds dried the track in no time. By the time we ran our qualifiers the track was back as good or better than it was in the morning before the rain. I ran a safe round 1, and Scotty was on a TQ pace in his first run until a lapped car took him out. Still, we were qualifed 2nd and 3rd after the first round.

In round 2 I reset TQ by a couple of seconds, only to have Scotty beat me by about 4 seconds. Scotty aside, myself and the next 2 drivers (making it 3 different brands of cars) were within 2.5 seconds after 5 minutes. Mark Klenin put in a solid run to qualify in the middle of the B.

Sunday morning brought about clear skies, and the track was sprayed with a very heavy coat of VHT, completely changing the track conditions which were quickly reflected in the lap times as drivers in lower mains and drivers in the sedan class were turning lap times as fast or faster than the top 4 did in 1/8th the day before. It has been my belief that there are driver(s) that prefer not to adjust their car(s), but instead adjust the track to suit their car(s), and I think this weekend proved my point, and I learned I am not alone in my belief.

Mark's B main went well as he was able to stay out of trouble early and move into thrid place. He held his position and late in the race the second place car flamed out allowing Mark to take over 2nd and bump into the main. Not to take anything away from Mark but this really was unfortunate for the other driver as he had been fast all weekend, but that's how it goes sometimes, and it worked out great for Mark.

The start of the A went well as Scotty checked out early and I held on for second. I made a mistake and dropped a couple of spots and stayed there until I stripped a spur gear. Mark was doing well until a turn marshalling incident put him out as well. Scotty drove a smooth and easy pace and took the win by a couple of laps. A common misconception is that the Motonica car only works good in low bite conditions, and as if all the other results we acheived this year were not enough proof, I hope this result (which was after the track bite was purposely altered) puts that rumor to rest. All three of us ran Byron Gen2 fuel, Scotty choosing a Blitz body, Mark ran the Zytec, and I used the Parma R12.

This was a fitting victory to end our race season, and caps off an excellent year for Motonica. We have accomplished a lot this year including wins at the Byron's Challenge and Great Lakes Challenge as well as the fastest qualifying time at the ROAR nats.

We are now looking forward to 2009, which will include the release of the new P81. Motonica Italy has added some strong European drivers to the team and we hope our 08 results and customer service will convince racers here in the US to make the switch. The current car will continue to be supported indefinitely as we think it will be competitive for years to come. I will post info on the new car as I learn more about it, right now I know only what is posted online. If it is as easy to drive, consistent, durable and adjustable as the current P8.0R 08, then it will no doubt be a winner. We are taking efforts to lower prices for both car kits and spare and option parts, as evident by the current price of the P8.0R 08 (which is at or below the price of competitor kits).

Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks. Here's a little teaser in the meantime:

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #969
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
We had our last race of the year this past weekend, the GLARCRC Toy's for Tots here in LA. There were about 34 1/8th cars at this race, 4 of them Motonica. We managed to put 3 of the 4 in the A Main including TQ and 1st overall.

Scotty Barrera flew out from Texas for this event, his first at this track. During the Friday practice session we made a few minor adjustments to our cars and were quite happy with our laptimes.

Saturday morning brought some rain, which eventually stopped and the high winds dried the track in no time. By the time we ran our qualifiers the track was back as good or better than it was in the morning before the rain. I ran a safe round 1, and Scotty was on a TQ pace in his first run until a lapped car took him out. Still, we were qualifed 2nd and 3rd after the first round.

In round 2 I reset TQ by a couple of seconds, only to have Scotty beat me by about 4 seconds. Scotty aside, myself and the next 2 drivers (making it 3 different brands of cars) were within 2.5 seconds after 5 minutes. Mark Klenin put in a solid run to qualify in the middle of the B.

Sunday morning brought about clear skies, and the track was sprayed with a very heavy coat of VHT, completely changing the track conditions which were quickly reflected in the lap times as drivers in lower mains and drivers in the sedan class were turning lap times as fast or faster than the top 4 did in 1/8th the day before. It has been my belief that there are driver(s) that prefer not to adjust their car(s), but instead adjust the track to suit their car(s), and I think this weekend proved my point, and I learned I am not alone in my belief.

Mark's B main went well as he was able to stay out of trouble early and move into thrid place. He held his position and late in the race the second place car flamed out allowing Mark to take over 2nd and bump into the main. Not to take anything away from Mark but this really was unfortunate for the other driver as he had been fast all weekend, but that's how it goes sometimes, and it worked out great for Mark.

The start of the A went well as Scotty checked out early and I held on for second. I made a mistake and dropped a couple of spots and stayed there until I stripped a spur gear. Mark was doing well until a turn marshalling incident put him out as well. Scotty drove a smooth and easy pace and took the win by a couple of laps. A common misconception is that the Motonica car only works good in low bite conditions, and as if all the other results we acheived this year were not enough proof, I hope this result (which was after the track bite was purposely altered) puts that rumor to rest. All three of us ran Byron Gen2 fuel, Scotty choosing a Blitz body, Mark ran the Zytec, and I used the Parma R12.

This was a fitting victory to end our race season, and caps off an excellent year for Motonica. We have accomplished a lot this year including wins at the Byron's Challenge and Great Lakes Challenge as well as the fastest qualifying time at the ROAR nats.

We are now looking forward to 2009, which will include the release of the new P81. Motonica Italy has added some strong European drivers to the team and we hope our 08 results and customer service will convince racers here in the US to make the switch. The current car will continue to be supported indefinitely as we think it will be competitive for years to come. I will post info on the new car as I learn more about it, right now I know only what is posted online. If it is as easy to drive, consistent, durable and adjustable as the current P8.0R 08, then it will no doubt be a winner. We are taking efforts to lower prices for both car kits and spare and option parts, as evident by the current price of the P8.0R 08 (which is at or below the price of competitor kits).

Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks. Here's a little teaser in the meantime:

very nice....
Old 12-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #970
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

nice result Garen and cool rear logo there
Old 12-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #971
Suspended

any new updates?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #972
Tech Master

No updates yet. According to the press release sent out by Motonica, the car will be shown at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in about 4 weeks time and will be available shortly thereafter. If/when I receive more details of the car I will post them here.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:07 AM   #973
Suspended

Quote:
No updates yet. According to the press release sent out by Motonica, the car will be shown at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in about 4 weeks time and will be available shortly thereafter. If/when I receive more details of the car I will post them here.
thanks Garen....
Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #974
Tech Master

I did receive some information on the new P81 last night, will start posting here later today....

Old 01-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #975
Suspended

Quote:
I did receive some information on the new P81 last night, will start posting here later today....
awesome......thx