R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #931
Tech Champion
 
jfc_tech's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: www.JonehRC.com
Posts: 7,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech
Default

Just want to share mine



Yusa Body, Motonica P8.0R 2008 kit, Novarossi RX21-WCS2008 "Kangaroo" engine, Thunder Tiger 1/10th starterbox with Nosram Powerpack 2x3300Mah, XTires 35shores, KO Propo Helios EX10 radio.
__________________
If you are in front of me, That's because I let you!
jfc_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #932
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
I was wondering how you guys would rate this car against the Kyosho m3
Car
Just gathering info towards my next purchase
Thanks
Both cars, and for that matter, all the top cars, are very good, and their performance is based heavily on your ability to properly build, setup, and maintain them. My experience with the Motonica, and I think most of the Motonica drivers will share this view, is that the car is very easy to drive, consistent over long runs, very durable (except for the front body mount, which is fixed with the YBSLOW mount), works well on a variety of track conditions, and responds well to setup changes. The car is a bit more complicated or sophisticated and requires extra attention during the initial build, but as with any car, more time spent on the bench translates into improved lap times on the track.
With the dollar getting stronger against the Euro and an improved cooperation from Motonica Italy, the price of the kit has been drastically reduced and you can pick one up for well under $700, which puts the price right on par with the M3. If you choose Motonica, you will get the utmost attention and help through email, phone, or online. If you have any more questions, post them here or try [email protected]
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #933
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I would appreciate explaining to me why the side stiffeners are no longer used since the P8.0 R version was introduced.

I have the P8.0 R '08 eddition with the new tank and all.. but I was just wondering since most other cars are running with the side stiffeners, how come and Motonica chose to exclude them.

Thanks guys.
John
http://jdracing.blogs.se
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #934
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I am not sure the exact reason why the side braces are/were excluded from the P8.0R and the P8.0R 08, but based on my experience with the 08 and '07' cars, the braces are not needed at all times. I think perhaps the 07 and 08 chassis' are stiffer compared to the original P8 chassis? In any case, the braces were re-released earlier this year and are available as an option part. I use them on my car on high bite and/or smooth conditions. 06-023 and 024 are the part numbers.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #935
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the quick reply Garen.

I have allready purchased them, but I did notice that they were not on the back of the manual in the options list and it made me wonder why this was the case.

Also when used the roll bar is moved forward, which again I dont understand the reason.

In Europe I assume the most recent updates are being tested and in the last French National I noticed that the top Motonica driver was using the new rear end as well as a modified front end where the upper arms are conventional with pins and not ball cups.

http://www.jpracing.com/fr/competiti...php?referer=en



John
http://jdracing.blogs.se
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #936
Tech Regular
 
ESWLFSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Terra Ceia, FL
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ESWLFSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis View Post
Also when used the roll bar is moved forward, which again I dont understand the reason.
http://jdracing.blogs.se
I noticed during the original build that the roll bar seemed improperly positioned with the included carbon plates. The bar is in the correct as-designed position with the side stiffeners.
ESWLFSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #937
Tech Champion
 
jfc_tech's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: www.JonehRC.com
Posts: 7,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Garen.

I have allready purchased them, but I did notice that they were not on the back of the manual in the options list and it made me wonder why this was the case.

Also when used the roll bar is moved forward, which again I dont understand the reason.

In Europe I assume the most recent updates are being tested and in the last French National I noticed that the top Motonica driver was using the new rear end as well as a modified front end where the upper arms are conventional with pins and not ball cups.

http://www.jpracing.com/fr/competiti...php?referer=en



John
http://jdracing.blogs.se
thats interesting. I would love to try it. its not that the current one not working as intended but any option like this worth the try.
__________________
If you are in front of me, That's because I let you!
jfc_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #938
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Here's a short race recap from Vegas.

We had a total of 4 Motonica cars at the event, or 10% of the field. Track conditions were fair and improved throughout practice and right into qualifying. In the first round I set the fastest time with a 16 lap 5:10. I am pretty sure this is a personal best for me and compared to my qual time from last year, about 7 seconds faster. I sat out round 2 and helped all the other guys out. In round 3 my clutch developed problems in warm up but I was still able to drive at the same pace as I did in round 1, but ran out of fuel on the last lap…due to the clutch.

After 3 rounds of qualifying, I was second, and the remaining 3 Motonica cars were all in the B, including Rich Taylor in the BQ position, Mark-Ben Klein and Arno Mardirossian. In the B, Rich led early but developed problems, Mark also developed problems, but Arno moved up the standings, finished second bumping into the A final, and even led a few laps.

The A Main started well for me as I was able to hold my position and move into the lead within a couple of minutes. My motor then went lean (bottom end) and I suffered a flame out. We re-fired and got back out but flamed out a couple more times before calling it a day. Arno kept his car on the track and finished 5th.

Overall the cars worked well. This was Rich’s first time with a Motonica and he beat out over 70% of the field. Arno did not get any Friday practice and managed to bump into the A. Mark looked really good in qualifying. My fastest lap of the weekend was 18.9, which is pretty good for that layout given the less than sticky conditions. Had the motor stayed lit, I think I had a good shot at winning, but that’s racing and that’s how it goes sometimes.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #939
Tech Champion
 
jfc_tech's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: www.JonehRC.com
Posts: 7,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Here's a short race recap from Vegas.

We had a total of 4 Motonica cars at the event, or 10% of the field. Track conditions were fair and improved throughout practice and right into qualifying. In the first round I set the fastest time with a 16 lap 5:10. I am pretty sure this is a personal best for me and compared to my qual time from last year, about 7 seconds faster. I sat out round 2 and helped all the other guys out. In round 3 my clutch developed problems in warm up but I was still able to drive at the same pace as I did in round 1, but ran out of fuel on the last lap…due to the clutch.

After 3 rounds of qualifying, I was second, and the remaining 3 Motonica cars were all in the B, including Rich Taylor in the BQ position, Mark-Ben Klein and Arno Mardirossian. In the B, Rich led early but developed problems, Mark also developed problems, but Arno moved up the standings, finished second bumping into the A final, and even led a few laps.

The A Main started well for me as I was able to hold my position and move into the lead within a couple of minutes. My motor then went lean (bottom end) and I suffered a flame out. We re-fired and got back out but flamed out a couple more times before calling it a day. Arno kept his car on the track and finished 5th.

Overall the cars worked well. This was Rich’s first time with a Motonica and he beat out over 70% of the field. Arno did not get any Friday practice and managed to bump into the A. Mark looked really good in qualifying. My fastest lap of the weekend was 18.9, which is pretty good for that layout given the less than sticky conditions. Had the motor stayed lit, I think I had a good shot at winning, but that’s racing and that’s how it goes sometimes.
congrats once again to Team Motonica. Rich, Mark and Arno, you make us proud owning the Motonica. And as always Garen you da man. We look up to you. Its sad though problem sometimes if not always occurred during the final but as u said, that's racing. Bitter but what to do. I still remember my bad luck on my lipo batt, 2nd position in the B and catching up the leader, confident of the bump up to A main, failed due to the lipo. The car just stop while the engine still idling nicely there on the track.

whatever it is, thats racing. we learn from it and go forward. Motonica car is so easy to drive. Minus all the bad luck, only your hands, fingers decides the outcome. All the best everyone in the team. Keep the faith going
__________________
If you are in front of me, That's because I let you!
jfc_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:35 PM   #940
Tech Regular
 
ESWLFSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Terra Ceia, FL
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ESWLFSE
Default

My Moto was totally hooked up today at SS in Tampa after a couple months of gathering dust. I've been fighting a push almost since day one with this car while chasing setups. Most recently I did my '08 upgrade, added some weight to the front, and switched to Mugen white springs. Much better!! I've never felt to confident driving this car.

I did have the one-way start slipping at first but then I took the shine off the shaft with a red Scotchbrite, and cleaned and relubed the bearing. Worked great! Forgot who posted that technique here but thanks!
ESWLFSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #941
Tech Champion
 
jfc_tech's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: www.JonehRC.com
Posts: 7,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESWLFSE View Post
My Moto was totally hooked up today at SS in Tampa after a couple months of gathering dust. I've been fighting a push almost since day one with this car while chasing setups. Most recently I did my '08 upgrade, added some weight to the front, and switched to Mugen white springs. Much better!! I've never felt to confident driving this car.

I did have the one-way start slipping at first but then I took the shine off the shaft with a red Scotchbrite, and cleaned and relubed the bearing. Worked great! Forgot who posted that technique here but thanks!
welcome back friend.

Yep, the stock setup as per manual will give you less steering, thats why the push. Same with the 2008 version. As from previous pages and from Garen and Josh Cyrul setup, they take out the 2mm shims at the back and replace with 1mm or none for some track. this loosen the rear a bit and therefore contribute to the steering. Everything else same.

But as you said.. you solved it. Cool.
Can't wait to hear good news, anything on our lovely Motonica
__________________
If you are in front of me, That's because I let you!
jfc_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #942
Tech Addict
 
ricky_savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Team Sugak Racing
Posts: 713
Send a message via Yahoo to ricky_savage
Default track design

hi guys,

am new in this thread.

can some one help me with track design?

we are currently designing our race track and I was hoping someone could tell me where I could browse actual race tracks (1:8 on road and off road as well)

basically I have these two questions in mind

1. how long should the longest stretch be and were's the best place for it? ( front, back, inside )

2. how wide should the lanes be? minimum - maximum width



TIA
Ricky
ricky_savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #943
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Ricky, you might want to post your question in one of the track/racing forums found elsewhere on RCTECH. You will likely get better advice there instead of here.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:39 AM   #944
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lemoore, CA
Posts: 2
Smile New to the Motonica 8R

I like to introduce myselft to the Motonica community, just got my moto yesterday from my friend Garen and I am looking foward to building it and racing must likely in Vegas this Spring. I have a small question, last night I tried to build the new tank and the spring was a bear to place in the right position to achieve the correct tension for the lid. Is there a trick to make it easier to install? I appreciate any comments and or pictures thanks.
Kenny44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #945
Tech Addict
 
Arno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: RCville, Ca
Posts: 601
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny44 View Post
I like to introduce myselft to the Motonica community, just got my moto yesterday from my friend Garen and I am looking foward to building it and racing must likely in Vegas this Spring. I have a small question, last night I tried to build the new tank and the spring was a bear to place in the right position to achieve the correct tension for the lid. Is there a trick to make it easier to install? I appreciate any comments and or pictures thanks.
Welcome Kenny,
The way I do mine is I put the top part of the spring through the lid first, then I put the pin through the lid and the spring, then I place the lid on the tank as far as it goes and I get a small screw driver or an allen wrench and I put it behind the other two ends of the spring that are supposed to fall in to the slots of the tank, then I just pull it back so both ends are by the slots and push them into the slots. I don't know if I was clear enough but good luck.
__________________
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
Arno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MOTONICA 1/8 SCALE ONROAD ITALIAN CAR ianhobbies Nitro On-Road 69 02-01-2012 01:41 PM
Wanted: Motonica P8.0R Gerner R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-19-2008 04:45 AM
Motonica P8.0R jozat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 12-30-2007 08:20 PM
Motonica P8.0R jozat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 12-30-2007 06:31 PM
motonica-2wd pan........... Taylorm Nitro On-Road 10 05-29-2007 05:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net