Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions need on Kawahara ZAC Project Foam Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Opinions need on Kawahara ZAC Project Foam Tires

Hi,

I've never tried these foams and was wondering what people thought of them. I usually run Jaco but got a good price on the kawahara and recently had a bad experience with jaco rims breaking. I would have to buy over 20 sets and would not want something i didn't like. It's the 5 spoke model.
How do they compare to the jaco's?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by charlesd
Hi,

I've never tried these foams and was wondering what people thought of them. I usually run Jaco but got a good price on the kawahara and recently had a bad experience with jaco rims breaking. I would have to buy over 20 sets and would not want something i didn't like. It's the 5 spoke model.
How do they compare to the jaco's?
I would prefer kawahara tyre. much more consistent. If you don't mind about the price.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Regional Moderator

kawahara foam is good, the rims are not.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daniz24
kawahara foam is good, the rims are not.
Both rim styles? What type of problems have you had?

http://www.kawahara-racing.co.jp/zac.tire.10.html
Old 03-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Both rim styles? What type of problems have you had?

http://www.kawahara-racing.co.jp/zac.tire.10.html
Someone told me before, when I was asking around about tires, that the rims warp easily. But like you said, 2 styles of rim and I have no idea which one he ment.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thamjk
I would prefer kawahara tyre. much more consistent. If you don't mind about the price.
I agree!!! most consistent tires around. Price? Call Jim or visit RCNitronation.com for better pricing. almost the same price as any brand around.

warping of rims? any brand will will do the same if you hit the wall in an angle at certain speed. I tried a lot of diff tires. nothing comes close to the consistency in every pair. try it and you will see what I mean..
Old 03-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Fellas, Kawahara Tyrers are very very good. There is an A rim witch looks just like a Grp rim and there is a B style rim it is a 5 spoke. The A rim is a std type rim and the B type of rim is a flexable rim there made like that to give even more bite as the rim flexes much more than the "A" style rim. The "B" Style rim can warp if you hit somthing or come off the track and hit the right spot. Boat Types are very very good and i strongly recamend them. Regards Jeremy.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i remember i tried the A rim for my mrx4 last year, the rear wheel has "freeplay", at that time, i suspect i have to use the kawahara's collar(washer) to minimize that. but finally i did not further buy any more to test.
but on rubber wise, it has good compound. for the same # of compound, it gives you more grid(say kawa's 35 = Ellegi(GRP)32 ), but comparatively faster wearing.
just my 2 cents
Old 03-20-2007, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

I have not been running kawahara's long and i have the latest mrx4-r kit version and they fit very well no free play left to right and they are slightly tight on the axles not as tight as grps you can sitll take them off and on fearly ezy. I had lots and lots of truble getting rims to fit my evolva properly and my friend at the time his mugen. I'm not shore if they have changed the rim to make them fit better. But they fit sweet on mine infact if you did a tire stop in a race you would have to let your pit man know to make shore the rear and front quick relise clips are cliped fully on the rim. Regards Jeremy.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

I am not running Kawahara rims, but from what I hear they are very good. I have definitely heard also that the rims dont seem to be as durable as some of the other tire makers. I think we look for some strength here in the US because we mainly run on parking lot type tracks with planks and not tracks that have grass infields or plenty of run-off areas. I want parts that work, but know that I also need stuff that can take some sort of beating. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in....
Old 03-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Lil Paul
I am not running Kawahara rims, but from what I hear they are very good. I have definitely heard also that the rims dont seem to be as durable as some of the other tire makers. I think we look for some strength here in the US because we mainly run on parking lot type tracks with planks and not tracks that have grass infields or plenty of run-off areas. I want parts that work, but know that I also need stuff that can take some sort of beating. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in....
Yeah exactly what I was thinking. I wish there were tracks like I have seen in videos and that match what you describe where I could drive, but there isn't. That's why rim strength plays a big role.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

This is for 1/10 model :

The monoblock ( 6 spokes ) are fine.

The 5 star type are problems if you hit the side walls hard.

Normally people are using the monoblock ( 6 spokes ).

Compare to other brands the kawahara foams are more elastic, especially 37 shores and higher.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

ive tried the 12 spoke kawaharas and the foam is excellent but i agree with everyone else that they warp easily.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Adept

The ones i'd be getting are the 6 spoke.

I had problems before with Jaco rims and do not want the same problem. With the jaco's I think i got a bad batch because they would literally shatter if i remotely tapped the wall. I'm not talking about about a bad hit but just a brush on the wall.

Well i've decided to try these out. Racing starts in may, so i still have a while to wait.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

I noticed everyone is complaining about the rims bending or breaking . If you guys stay off the walls they won't bend or break . Any wheel on the market will bend or break if you if you hit hard enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.