R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Werks vs Tornado

Werks Race Blend or Tornado Fuel.

I can get either of these 2 fuel brands from my LHS. Does anyone have any experience with these fuels? I will be using it only for racing in my G4S with IDM Evo 3 engine.

Thanks for your help.

John
Johnny9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:50 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny9s

I can get either of these 2 fuel brands from my LHS. Does anyone have any experience with these fuels? I will be using it only for racing in my G4S with IDM Evo 3 engine.

Thanks for your help.

John
Hi John,
Great to see your part of the G4s family and getting one of the new EVO 3 IDM motors!
I can't wait myself !!
Anyway....back to your question.
I have tried both and they are both good fuels! Like you I 'HAD' the choice to run with either, and also a couple of others, and I chose WERKS. Now you could say I am biased, and, 'what answer would you expect from me being sponsored by WERKS'. But I had the choice! So if I had of thought Tornado was better for what I wanted, I would have gone in that direction.

I chose WERKS because-:
It gives good power with nice low temperatures.
It's consistant in it's power and tune of the motor.
It also seams to be nice and consistant from one bottle to the next which is good!!
It comes well packaged, (ie: The bottles are not transparent)
And the fuel is getting results at the very highest level of racing!

I don't get any "gunk" in my engines after I have been running the motor for a while either.
Ron and Eric at WERKS are primarily involved in motor development and manufacture. They want their motors to do well, so they reserched and formulated their own fuel to their specifications.
That was good enough for me!!

I hope you are able to also listen to a driver who uses or is sponsored by Tornado so as your not just influenced by my biased( ) views but as I have said. It was my choice to make

I hope this helps

Menace
Old 04-19-2007, 07:59 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Boy, you are a lucky Dude if you have both Werks and Tornado fuels at your LHS. I would give real money if the LHS around me would have those brands.

Ran Tornado most of last year in .21 Nova Rossi. No issues and the engine screamed like a Monkey. Tested a gallon on the Werks in Sept. Ran well with good power. Engine bearing and crank looked good after that gallon.

Currently running 20% Byron in my .12 Nova Rossi. The G4S is very competitive when she is leaned out.

Again you are a luck guy to have both brands available locally. I am from Ohio get the Tornado from Toronto or Detroit. Picked up the Werks from a St Louis racer.

Note: If you have the newer pulleys in your car, try the 20% for better Fuel econ.
XPHamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny9s

Thanks for your help.

John
if you are going to use 30% add 2 mega picco zx12 shims they are the same size & after you break it in you will see it get's faster every run & you have a lot of rpm's
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:35 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace
Hi John,
Great to see your part of the G4s family and getting one of the new EVO 3 IDM motors!
I can't wait myself !!
Anyway....back to your question.
I have tried both and they are both good fuels! Like you I 'HAD' the choice to run with either, and also a couple of others, and I chose WERKS. Now you could say I am biased, and, 'what answer would you expect from me being sponsored by WERKS'. But I had the choice! So if I had of thought Tornado was better for what I wanted, I would have gone in that direction.

I chose WERKS because-:
It gives good power with nice low temperatures.
It's consistant in it's power and tune of the motor.
It also seams to be nice and consistant from one bottle to the next which is good!!
It comes well packaged, (ie: The bottles are not transparent)
And the fuel is getting results at the very highest level of racing!

I don't get any "gunk" in my engines after I have been running the motor for a while either.
Ron and Eric at WERKS are primarily involved in motor development and manufacture. They want their motors to do well, so they reserched and formulated their own fuel to their specifications.
That was good enough for me!!

I hope you are able to also listen to a driver who uses or is sponsored by Tornado so as your not just influenced by my biased( ) views but as I have said. It was my choice to make

I hope this helps

Menace
I've never read any concrete info about how a transparent gallon jug is worse than a colored/white one. If the fuel is properly stored and kept out of light etc I don't see how either offers an advantage.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
I've never read any concrete info about how a transparent gallon jug is worse than a colored/white one. If the fuel is properly stored and kept out of light etc I don't see how either offers an advantage.
No......I must admit. If you keep the fuel bottle out of the light then there is no advantage in having a non transparent bottle.
But, as you obviously understand already. There is an adverse effect if you do have it out in the light/sun.

I don't know the full "ins and outs" of fuel technology but reading info' on fuel I believed that our fuel can be effected by direct sunlight.
So the non transparent bottle I think is a good thing.

Menace