Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 03:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok, now my spada can idle n got much lesser vibration after i finally manage to fine tune my engine n run it with 25% nitro...anyone here tried to install a .12 engine on the spada?
Old 03-30-2008, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

I have had major problems with my rear axle/diff.

I just took it apart today and found one bearing which sits inside the outer diff housing had just fallen apart. anybody else had this problem?

Also noticed that there was some sideways play in the axle after moving the inner diff housing to the right so i could tighten the diff properly. It was perfect when I built it, but I'm thinking when this bearing fell apart, it caused the diff to loosen which meant i had to move the inner housing over to be able to tighten it down properly again? and also causing the play in the axle.

Anybody have a quick fix for this issue? I dont want to be replacing bearings every time I run the car.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

selling my car, listed in the for/sale section on this forum....
Old 04-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Had a chance to play with the car tonight. Took some time and worked on the crank, sleeve and case...Tuned it, ran at 200 deg... Lightened the clutch weights and ran some Twister tires on it. I think I'm going to keep it...it launches hard now and with the new twister tires, it seems to corner better......

1 tank full.....I took the car for a walk.....2 miles! on one tank....the two miles was what I walked..... 20min! I had a couple dogs chase it....I don't know that they were thinking if they cought it, but I had to tease them, so I turned it around and chased them....they didn't seem to be so interested in catching it then

I'll try to get some pics of the engine work on it if I can get my wife to bring my camera back home from work.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thought that this topic should be revived. How many racers in the US have one of these cars in hand? I know that there are a few in the states. Are you guys that have them organized racing with them or just bashing?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JLock
Thought that this topic should be revived. How many racers in the US have one of these cars in hand? I know that there are a few in the states. Are you guys that have them organized racing with them or just bashing?
I'll be bring mine out to Floyd on Friday for some warm-up practice before I break out my 1/8......
Old 04-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Back around page 9 or 10 I reported racing my Spada against 19T pan cars in our State Champs.... This year we are back on and hopefully on a every other week basis..... I am running the larger fuel tank and have made several mods to the car... the racing should be pretty tight... I can't wait to hear the other 1/12th electric drivers complaining about having to wipe oil off their car bodies
Old 04-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 2 Spada's arive in Seattle a month ago!

Originally Posted by JLock
Well, about a month ago, I purchased 2 Spada's (1 for my grandson), built them, and picked from all the posted mods and available hopup options, and am hoping to demo them to our local race club. We had our first race of the 08 season last Sunday, but the kid was unable to come raceing with me, so I just ran my car during the prerace practice time. I was able to raise a few eyebrows with the little quy. I also purchased some spare parts, and we have ordered another kit from HK (are you listening Kyosho?). I have extensively modified a Ofna starter box to fire the cars,(liPo powered), so we are serious about promoting these cars, and if nothing else, we will rat race each other during open track time if there are no other takers. We do hope that others can be inspired to get involved, because I think these cars could be a very good, inexpensive, entry level nitro class. Lynn
Old 04-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New Spada parts

Hi Guys,

Here's some new parts from Honest...
http://www.redrc.net/2008/04/honest-...ons/#more-8911

Also, there are new universals from Kyosho for the front drives
http://kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/np0803.html
Part No.SDW012
Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

SDW012 was release some week !
Charge New width bumper
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-ch-cg300.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-ky-s09-081100.jpg  
Old 04-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
SDW012 was release some week !
Charge New width bumper
is the crank standard or a factory modified version?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

That is the stock crank.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by el salvador
Well, about a month ago, I purchased 2 Spada's (1 for my grandson), built them, and picked from all the posted mods and available hopup options, and am hoping to demo them to our local race club. We had our first race of the 08 season last Sunday, but the kid was unable to come raceing with me, so I just ran my car during the prerace practice time. I was able to raise a few eyebrows with the little quy. I also purchased some spare parts, and we have ordered another kit from HK (are you listening Kyosho?). I have extensively modified a Ofna starter box to fire the cars,(liPo powered), so we are serious about promoting these cars, and if nothing else, we will rat race each other during open track time if there are no other takers. We do hope that others can be inspired to get involved, because I think these cars could be a very good, inexpensive, entry level nitro class. Lynn
......KYOSHO WILL NOT listen to consumers............they don't care what you want.............
Old 04-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

This Saturday I will begin a summer long campaign racing the Spada against 19t pan cars in grassroots parking lot tracks ... and I can't wait. Sorry Big K... we're still running and racing them.... with or without you.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

well, anybody looking for one, I have mine listed in the for sale section for $460+shipping with parts and extra tires. After you whip them, maybe they will want to get one.

Last edited by rcfoolz; 05-23-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.