Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I am ordering mine in the next day or two. I am putting a list together to be ordering with it for spares. What are the parts that wear, break, or I should have spares of? I read someplace that Twister is making the tires to fit this car.....has anybody ran them yet and how do the last/fit?
It looks like I have 3 other guys local that are going to order with me, so that makes 4 cars and parts + tires....

Last edited by rcfoolz; 02-20-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
What are the parts that wear, break, or I should have spares of?
not a bad idea to have spare glow plugs, although I'm still on the kit plug, the rear swing arms are a little fragile to side knocks, but the rest has been very tough, I hav'nt broken any parts (yet!) with couple hours race time and a few rolls too
The only parts that are wearing are tyres really...

Wow!! those Twister tyres come in 30,32,35,37,40,42,45 shore! good find

I hav'nt tried these, will order some today...30's rear 35's front I think.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

I've done some research on the car for about a week now, and because Kyosho in the US does not support it, I was thinking about keeping a stock of parts onhand. The rear swing arms....is that part number SD002 (12-13)?

I know of 4 that will have the car soon, and I am the type of person who keeps every part for the cars I drive on-hand. So, I was going to order 10 of each of the wear parts for us to have, and get a couple extra kits if anybody else wanted to get one.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Does anybody have a durometer to know what the shore is of the soft and medium tires? I would want to know so that I can get my tires in the states, but I would need to know the shore.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The spokes of the front wheel is especially weak... well... they run fine if you don't hit things The three wide spokes of the twister tire looks much stronger. Funny, I was working on an order for my 1/8th pan car at the USA site and didn't finish ordering, I will need to see if they are listed here.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
is that part number SD002 (12-13)?
yep thats it, SD002 has both swing arms the rear bearing housings,layshaft housings and front diff housings all on one plastic strip sold as one item.

update:
Bernhard of Twister says he will have those tyres stocked in 3-4 weeks.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

I just talked to Kevin at Twister Tires USA....He will have them in stock by next weekend.......Also, we had another conversation....if it works out.....some people will be very happy

I sent a letter out to all the Kyosho distributors all around the world, asking for support..........Support will not be a problem, one way or another, parts will make it to the US....
Now, we just need Kyosho America to get on-board and make it easier for us........If you are interested and will buy a car if it was available at your LHS, please pm me your name and I will put it on a list that I can forward.....
Old 02-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Parts availability in the US will be awesome being that I just ordered a car last week. Where is Twister located in the US?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

They are located in Florida.....here is the web site:

http://www.twistertiresusa.com/
Old 02-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Twister Tires USA is located in Florida. Here are the new Spada tires and they can be found at http://www.twistertiresusa.com

Old 02-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jbsmith1
hi,
the cheapest I have seen it advertised is here.
http://rc-mushroom.com/index.php?cPa...a&filter_id=62
Originally Posted by ocktoberfest00
where can i get one?do i need to import it?
Originally Posted by jbsmith1
e-mailed http://www.rc-mushroom.com/ the other day about stocking Kyosho spares for the Spada, they replyed saying they have just started to stock spares, and they are up on their front page.
I have asked if they will extend to the optional kyosho parts too...like the tuned pipe
I should get confirmation in a couple of days, I will keep every one posted
Originally Posted by gashuffer
Parts availability in the US will be awesome being that I just ordered a car last week. Where is Twister located in the US?
I found the car for $230 and in stock at RC-Market www.rcmarket.com.hk and I found a whole slew of parts at www.Rc-Union.com at very good prices......I also found parts at www.the-boarder.com but at a higher price due to the 19% tax rate... Another place that I found it for $217. was at ISHIMOKEI http://hpcgi1.nifty.com/ishiimokei/search.cgi but had no parts and shipping was around $65 after converting Yen to USD.... Harmony Model www.harmony.com.hk also has parts and the car in stock, but I had never delt with them before..... RC mushroom has the car listed, but not in stock.......but all in all, the best price and the best shipping deal is with RC Market....for just the car shipped to the door, was $270, $15 less than anyplace else.

Last edited by rcfoolz; 02-22-2008 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think it would be great if someone in the states would import these. I would rather support a shop here then one overseas.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t9dragon
I think it would be great if someone in the states would import these. I would rather support a shop here then one overseas.
The only person I know of that might consider that is Sam at Kamikaze but, you will have to contact him so that he knows there are enough people to make it worth it. he also has a thread in the racing section.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up New MPI Protospada Shakedown

Hi at all

After many working nights, we present a new Spada Kit from Italy-
In this spy shots, we can see an incomplete version of the car, but the concept is clearly visible: Multi flex concept, and long run capabilities thanks to km fuel tank modification.
In the first shakedown session the MPI Protospada gived us many good laptime's results, comparable to the 1/10 sedan's on a flat track.
We're waitin' for some last deal for distributions of the kit that will be sell in many configuration between "only carbon" to "all included" with fuel thank, ergal body holders and all the rest.
If you'll be interested contact us and we'll keep you informed about aur innovations.
Thake a look to our project in my gallery
http://picasaweb.google.it/kominart
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-spadashakedown1-00x.jpg  
Old 02-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow... that looks real cool and you solve the main issues (run time and chassis flex) in one top plate. Very nice. Do you groove the top plate for the belt?

What about $$

You need the new Kyosho black pipe with that tricked out chassis...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.