R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-31-2007, 08:18 AM   #616
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Spada

Maybe other manufacturers will take notice like....... Serpent.....Motonica....Mugen.........I hope so.
For a mainstream company, Kyosho sure doesn't know what the people want!
I see this class being big! AS long as we don't go by the way of Sedans and have $400 motors!
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:19 AM   #617
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman76 View Post
He is out of stock
You have a PM
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:20 AM   #618
Tech Addict

Default Spada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootcapri View Post
Kyosho has made it clear through several 'sources' that they do not intend on bringing in the Spada. The activity on this thread shows significant interest. The number of cars that have been brought into the country knowing that Kyosho doesn't plan on bring them in to the USA is significant. Aftermarket parts for the car are flowing into the US regularly.

Be careful who you are calling 'idiots'.
I know of 2 more being ordered from overseas this week!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:48 AM   #619
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg33k View Post
You guys are idiots. Childish antagonism is REALLY going to help open up the discussion. Note that they (Kyosho) haven't been back. Hey, maybe if you insult them MORE, then they'll be back!
I don't understand why you even comment on this issue. You have brought nothing constructive to the debate about whether there is interest for the Spada in the States and have insulted many with your name calling. If you are not going to be part of the group that is trying to show Kyosho that they are making a mistake by not importing the Spada to the States, then don't comment at all. Taylorm's last post is dead-on about Kyosho. Lets import more stuff that will not sell well and not import a product that many have already ordered from overseas while shutting out their LHS from making their monies off the sale (no offense to the overseas LHSs that are gladly providing the Spada to us in America). And Kyosho wonders why many LHSs don't carry or support their products. In fact, who in the States even buy, run, or race the Mini-Z anymore? I only know of only two LHS in my area, the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, that carry Mini-Zs anymore. It is a cute, novelty item hear that you get a 6 to 9 year old so that he can play in the house with his r/c. Kyosho is having more misses than hits in the States with their products and will be going the way of Thunder Tiger and Tamiya before too long: afterthoughts!
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:16 AM   #620
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg33k View Post
You guys are idiots. Childish antagonism is REALLY going to help open up the discussion. Note that they (Kyosho) haven't been back. Hey, maybe if you insult them MORE, then they'll be back!
............isn't free speech great!!!!!...........you must want one too if you are reading/posting to this thread................calling someone an idiot on a message board IS childish...........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #621
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to t9dragon Send a message via AIM to t9dragon Send a message via MSN to t9dragon Send a message via Yahoo to t9dragon

I sure wish I Kyosho would bring the SPADA 09 into the states. I would love to pick up a couple of these to race............
t9dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #622
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to t9dragon Send a message via AIM to t9dragon Send a message via MSN to t9dragon Send a message via Yahoo to t9dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp View Post
I know of 2 more being ordered from overseas this week!
Where are you guys ordering the SPADA 09 from?
t9dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #623
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been reading this thread for a while and am interested in getting the Spada despite the lack of local support for it.

A funny thing happened today that made me decide to post in this thread.
I was driving through Toronto Canada on my way home to Ottawa when I stopped in at a hobby store. I've never been there before and probably will never go there again. While I was there, a guy walked in a bought a Kyosho Nitro Blizzard and they had another one on display. Up until I read this thread I didn't even know they existed and having read this thread, I was in agreement with whoever posted that nobody would ever buy one. I've now been proven wrong.

Anyway, back to the Spada. This past summer our local club decided to start a new nitro class in which every car was exactly the same and affordable. We ended up settling for the HPI RS4 evo which had no adjustments on it and came RTR. It was perfect and we got over 30 new racers. For this coming summer we were talking about running the spada as the new spec car because the HPI car that we were using has been discontinued (or superseded). We had 20 racers that were willing to commit and a few sitting on the fence plus the possibility of new racers walking into our hobby stores, seeing a cheap way to get into the hobby and pick it up (This is exactly what happened with the HPI car). Unfortunately for us with no NA distribution, our hobby stores can not stock or support the car and we'll be looking for something else instead. Maybe the nitro blizzard.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #624
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
We had 20 racers that were willing to commit and a few sitting on the fence plus the possibility of new racers walking into our hobby stores, seeing a cheap way to get into the hobby and pick it up (This is exactly what happened with the HPI car). Unfortunately for us with no NA distribution, our hobby stores can not stock or support the car and we'll be looking for something else instead. Maybe the nitro blizzard.
............and Kyosho is still not listening...................could sell 20 kits in one shot..........but there is NO INTEREST....
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #625
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Up until I read this thread I didn't even know they existed and having read this thread, I was in agreement with whoever posted that nobody would ever buy one. I've now been proven wrong.

OK... I was wrong... Kyosho did exceed their sales expectations for the Blizzard.... with that one in Toronto....

Spada will be running the track in Vegas at the Airtronics GP .... maybe two...
Old 01-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #626
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kyosho USA is not hearing us. They continue to know what we want as US r/c consumers and will continue to tell us what we want as their current product mix indicates. Again, it is unfortunate that many local hobby shops around the US are missing out on kit and parts sales because they can't get the Spada (or even know of the Spada). In my area of the country where nitro is very popular, the car has a real chance of taking off, especially since it is a cheap alternative to the $700-$850 package deal for a 200mm nitro touring car or the $1000-$2000 package deal for a 1/8th scale nitro onroad car and better than the cheap HPI RTR onroad kits that are available. But hey, what do we know as consumers?
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #627
Tech Addict

Default Spada

Quote:
Originally Posted by t9dragon View Post
Where are you guys ordering the SPADA 09 from?
Champ RC in Japan. I started using them getting my Evolva before they were available here, and extremely FAST. Order by e-mailing them, tell them what you want. That you will be using Paypal and your shipping address. You Paypal them the Money and they send it out RMS, which means if you order it on Monday from Japan, You will have it Wed or thurs!!! Door to Door. Last I checked with the Yen exchange, you can have one delivered to your door for less than $275. Here is their E-mail:
[email protected]
Old 01-13-2008, 04:03 PM   #628
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I thought I would share some build tips which I did for my Spada:
1. Front axles had a fair bit of play in them. I fixed this by installing 5mm axle spaces inside the drive cups. The spacers are from Tobee Craft and I had to sand them a little for the right spacing.

2. By fluke, I found out the Kfactory G4S ED Brake disc fits the Spada. The disc is milled and looks pretty good compared to the stock or Inferno disc. Part No is K14122-7. Also, the Kfactory Racing pads also are a direct fit. These are better pads that the rubberized stock units. Part no is K1498.

I have posted some pics.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-dsc00005.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-dsc00076.jpg  
jgee888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #629
Tech Addict

The brakes look cool... but... don't be too concerned about performance... this is still a rear brake only car (like a 1/12th electric pan car) that will do real cool loop-outs if you have more than a breath of brake (like a 1/12th electric pan car). I went with the Kyosho upgraded brake rotor thinking 'this will be great'.... wasn't (but does look cool though). I now have a carbon fiber disk... to lower rotating mass. The oneway front seems to be your best friend in slowing down....just crank it into the corner and watch it corner as on rails and let the turn slow you down a little. If this were a 4 wheel drive sedan with a spool or diff in the front... high performance brakes are the ticket.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #630
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got some of the Charge parts in stock, I didnt get the motor mount though. Just some brake parts and the rear heatsink/brace.
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/rc-rainbow/c/0000001510/

Not bad looking parts but i want to see the Motor mount.