R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #496
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The last time I ran the car it was about 75F and I am at 4200' altitude. The carb was at 2 5/8's out from 'all the way in'. Your description is consistant with rich bog. Both the pop of the motor and the rev based shifting are tied to the motor.

Try leaning it out. Watch the head temp. As I mentioned in an earlier post I was around 200F.
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:57 AM   #497
Tech Adept

Default Shifting...

I'm still not sure that it's shifting.... I've got about 9 tanks through and I can tell that it's making power, but I don't hear that "shift" into second gear.

I've re-adjusted the two-speed at a 1/2 turn from tight, but I still don't hear it shifting? Any thoughts?
1FastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 AM   #498
Tech Addict

9 tanks... so about 20 minutes

If the motor is running sharp, try loosening the shift clutch some more. I think I took it out 1/4 turn from the factory setting... I just don't remember what the factory setting is. I have to go to work right now, but tonight I will back in my clutch setting to see how far out I had it.

Also make sure that you mounted the clutch correctly so that it's set screw is on the flat spot of the shaft. If it isn't mounted correctly the clutch will spin and never shift.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #499
Tech Addict

.... more like 1 1/2 turns out from 'all the way in'.

Last edited by Zootcapri; 11-20-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-20-2007, 08:12 AM   #500
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
....more like puny Kyosho brains.........
I take offense to the above statement. I work for Kyosho America and it's always a difficult decision to not import a product that's made by Kyosho, but we've been told that the car is simply too expensive by a majority of shops that initially expressed interest in carrying the Spada. The resistance to the price and the relatively small amount of shops that would still carry the Spada in spite of the price, is how we arrive at our current decision. I realize that the decision will disappoint some people, myself included, because I'm a life-long RC fanatic. It's OK to be disappointed and to make your support for importing the product known to Kyosho America, but to suggest that we're less intelligent or that we're "dictating what you should like" is a little small minded.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #501
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I take offense to the above statement. I work for Kyosho America and it's always a difficult decision to not import a product that's made by Kyosho, but we've been told that the car is simply too expensive by a majority of shops that initially expressed interest in carrying the Spada. The resistance to the price and the relatively small amount of shops that would still carry the Spada in spite of the price, is how we arrive at our current decision. I realize that the decision will disappoint some people, myself included, because I'm a life-long RC fanatic. It's OK to be disappointed and to make your support for importing the product known to Kyosho America, but to suggest that we're less intelligent or that we're "dictating what you should like" is a little small minded.
Dude, chill out. The statement was more of a joke than anything. However, your above statement proves what many of us thought was behind the decision process. R/C racers spend $400+ for an Xray electric chassis, $500+ for your Kyosho Evolva, and even $400+ for your V one RRR (fill in the blank) kit. So you are saying we won't pay around $250 or so on the Spada? Heck many that run electric 1/12th scale pay around $250 for the top of the line CRC, Hot Bodies, or BMI kits and they are just a rolling chassis. This is why I made the statement right after that about how the COMPANY will tell us what we want and like. Your statement just proved that point; many of us in America want it but the COMPANY will tell us what we in America want and like. That seems to be the American way nowadays.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #502
Tech Addict

I have spent over $700 on the car and upgrade parts.... Several of my LHS's would love to have had a part (if not all) of that action.

Drop a note in the suggestion box at big K. Bring in 100 cars... and see how fast they sell out. Then bring in the basic support parts and shazam.... a class is born....

... don't forget to 'suggest' a larger fuel tank too.....
Old 11-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #503
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootcapri View Post
I have spent over $700 on the car and upgrade parts.... Several of my LHS's would love to have had a part (if not all) of that action.

Drop a note in the suggestion box at big K. Bring in 100 cars... and see how fast they sell out. Then bring in the basic support parts and shazam.... a class is born....

... don't forget to 'suggest' a larger fuel tank too.....

Agreed.

SteveP - I think a stronger case should be made for carrying the vehicle. Folks want what they can see -- without any marketing and promotion, no one will carry the car in the U.S. I just purchased mine a week ago and have already invested about $600 in in the car (before spares and tires).

Kyosho is consistent in that regard, in that I bought my Evolva back in December of 2003 and had to buy parts from the U.K. in bulk so if I broke at the track Mugen guys couldn't laugh and say "where's he gonna get parts to fix his car..."

Now, 4 years later, most of these guys are Kyosho guys now...

Point is, even at if hobby stores carry the car for $299, you get a rolling chassis (w/ tires) plus an engine. If Kyosho threw in an extra plug or 2 for the price it would be killer! With average servos, someone could be racing for about $450!!! Not, to mention the replacement parts are cheap.

It's worth a shot Kyosho!!!
1FastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:28 AM   #504
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hard tire
new 7075 shaft & 1st 2nd gear
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-ky-sd027-16.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-ky-sd028-20.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-ky-sdw004.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-ky-sdth002-h.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #505
Tech Addict

OK Spada racers... want a chance to show Big K that we're serious. Rich Taylor has already said that he'd love to see a class of Spada's at one of his races.... Well... the Airtronics GP is coming up in January. These races are top notch and Rich puts on a great show. I am planning on racing in the 1/10th sedan and taking the Spada for a workout. Anybody want to make a race out of it?

Skeerd??

Here is the link to Rich's thread:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191331
Old 11-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #506
Tech Master

Quote:
....didn't mean to insult...just wanted to get the point across that i think ( in my little uneducated useless to Kyosho opinion) there are MANY guys who would snatch this car up in a heartbeat....die-hard nitro guys would be all over this car. As far as costing to much, have you seen what guys are willing to spend on 1/12 electric cars or touring cars?.......Throw a survey out there (somewhere, maybe here)) and see what kind of response you get..........use your energy to test the waters instead of being "offended"...........people are OFFENDED by everything these days....
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #507
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
If we can agree that "puny Kyosho brains" is uncalled for and unnecessary, then we can call it water under the bridge and move on. We will continue to evaluate if we can import the Spada, but please understand it's our customers that are making this decision by their support (or lack thereof) for the product. We are starting a parking lot series at the Kyosho facility and would like nothing more than to have a class for the Spada, so you’re preaching to a group of guys that want to import this car more than you do. Trust me, Joel, Gil and I are all on the same page and are always looking for a reason to bring them in as long as it makes sense.
This might be a strange question,but why are you in California? It seems to me that if you moved to the Midwest the rent would be cheaper and you could have a circut instead of running in the parking lot. Even Airzona would be cheaper than California.
On a different note do you have a Spada? I have heard that Kyosho has been showing them off in America,but that could be a rumor. Also there is a little debate about if the Spada needs a seperate class. The only thing really holding it back is the tank as the Spada keeps up with the V-one-SSS and can even give some of the V-one RRR a run for the money with a good driver.
Im not complaining just would like to see Kyosho on top again on a whole.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #508
Tech Fanatic

If we can agree that "puny Kyosho brains" is uncalled for and unnecessary, then we can call it water under the bridge and move on. We will continue to evaluate if we can import the Spada, but please understand it's our customers that are making this decision by their support (or lack thereof) for the product. We are starting a parking lot series at the Kyosho facility and would like nothing more than to have a class for the Spada, so you’re preaching to a group of guys that want to import this car more than you do. Trust me, Joel, Gil and I are all on the same page and are always looking for a reason to bring them in as long as it makes sense.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #509
Tech Fanatic

How weird is that?! You quoted my reply, which was posted after your post.

Anyway... Yes, we requested a few samples so we could test the car and see if we could generate some interest by showing it around some races and to some key retailers.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #510
Tech Addict

According to Rich Taylor, earlier in this thread, Somebody from Kyosho ran one at the Mugen GP this fall in Vegas. The standing question... Why would K tease with showings like that and not bring it in to the country?