Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
I would be a little worried about slamming into walls

... then don't do it.....
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:45 PM   #437
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't believe it but my latest order from Rainbow RC showed up today!!! It is Sunday!!!!!!!! Shipped on Friday and arrived today, man that is fast!

Anyway, first impressions. Rony carbon chassis is very nice. Looks to be a precise match to the stock one but is much much stiffer. All the Honest carbon parts are nicely made. My one concern was the belt notch in the front brace. It should be no problem at all. The part is far stiffer than the stock plastic and has plenty of thickness, IMO, even though much of the thickness has been cut away.

Plan to start building the Spada this week so I will try to post some pics.

Thanks again Ivan, the service from Rainbow RC is spectacular!!!

Greg
gregmuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #438
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Greg,

I would have the Honest parts in hand (paid for) but I am waiting for the Porsche body and ship it all together. Do post photos of the build. I would like to see the Honest parts in the build.

Lee, looks like Greg will have the carbon sex bomb Spada first.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #439
Tech Fanatic

Glad to here you got the parts. EMS is really fast. the Japanese post office is open on Sundays so that helps with the fast service. Japan is all about service. Even the Japanese McDonalds is so much better with service. Its so funny to see McDonalds employe`s running to get you your order.
Well as soon as i get the Porsche body in stock later this month Zoot will have his Carbon also.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:46 AM   #440
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
About how much would it be in US dollars as far as the cost for the kit? How much will it cost to ship it to the US?
When i get the kit in stock i can get you shipping cost along with kit price.I dont want to tell you the wrong shipping price.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #441
Tech Initiate

I wanted to wait for the new parts but since I have already waited so long to start building I chose to go ahead and get all the carbon and place another order once the new parts are available. I have only had my Spada for about 6 weeks. Between school, a vacation, and my new job there has been zero time to build it.

Should be able to start tomorrow or Wednesday so I'll post pics then.

Greg
Old 10-22-2007, 11:34 AM   #442
Tech Apprentice

Default LMFAO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Nice if im bored enough I might just get one
LMFAO!!! well spoke!!! (hey- winter's comin!)
ScudMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #443
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
When i get the kit in stock i can get you shipping cost along with kit price.I dont want to tell you the wrong shipping price.
Thanks for the update. I will be waiting for kit pricing and shipping charges.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #444
Tech Initiate

I am wondering how people cut carbon sheet. I have worked with fiberglass based sheet materials but never cut any carbon. Are special blades needed?

Have ordered a sheet to make a custom radio tray for the Zoot gas tank conversion. Want to make sure I have the tools needed to cut it once it arrives.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #445
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Greg,

I use the dremmel and the fiber cutting wheel. Make sure that you have eye protection and especially a breathing mask. I hear that the carbon fiber dust is pretty mean stuff. Clean up the dust before it spreads to the rest of your work area too.

I just bought a sheet of 2.35mm carbon fiber for making custom parts too.

Good luck.
Bill (Zoot)
Old 10-26-2007, 12:20 AM   #446
Tech Fanatic

Today is Spada day at the shop. We got the KC-12C body(Porsche) Spada in today along with the Body and pinion gears.
The kit is a little more expensive than the CRC but its the same car. Also the the KC-12C body is a few dollars more than the CRC body.
The Kit its self is 27720 Yen and EMS shipping to the U.S. and Austrlia is 4700 Yen. Europe is 5400 Yen
Well i have to get to adding the Spada to our wedsite and get Zoot an invoice for his body and parts.
Hope we get a few more Spada`s running around.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:06 AM   #447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to xsxracing

Quote:
I got the Honest parts in Today.Later today i will get invoices to everybody here that ordered them.
On a different note here is a picture of the Kyosho Carbon chassis. YOu can see that its built a little different with an alloy pod for the motor. It dosent look as it is attached very well. BUt this is the best picture ive got right now.
Car look's really nice...
Old 10-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #448
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmuri View Post
I am wondering how people cut carbon sheet. I have worked with fiberglass based sheet materials but never cut any carbon. Are special blades needed?

Have ordered a sheet to make a custom radio tray for the Zoot gas tank conversion. Want to make sure I have the tools needed to cut it once it arrives.
I have a Delta table top bandsaw to cut my carbon. But I don't use the blades you can buy for them because they're only for light duty use. I work for a company that has a prototype metal shop and I get thicker band saw blades made to any length I need.....they have a special welding fixture to splice the ends together and welds them together all in one operation. The blades have 42 teeth per inch and aprox. 1.5mm thick. I hook up a shop vac to the bandsaw while cutting the carbon. ( very important ) You do not want to breath in the dust....not very healthy! The blades do an awesome job with no de-laminating of the carbon because it cuts through so quickly. Heat will cause the carbon to de-laminate. Try to find a company in your area that will do this service for you if you have a small bandsaw like I have. I'm sure they won't charge you too much and you will like the results much better. Or if you have access to a larger bandsaw with the correct blades EX: 42teeth per inch ), you'll be in business. Good luck.
all4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:56 PM   #449
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Today is Spada day at the shop. We got the KC-12C body(Porsche) Spada in today along with the Body and pinion gears.
The kit is a little more expensive than the CRC but its the same car. Also the the KC-12C body is a few dollars more than the CRC body.
The Kit its self is 27720 Yen and EMS shipping to the U.S. and Austrlia is 4700 Yen. Europe is 5400 Yen
Well i have to get to adding the Spada to our wedsite and get Zoot an invoice for his body and parts.
Hope we get a few more Spada`s running around.
how much in dollars?
moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #450
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what size of motor can you put on the spada? how much is the motor and do you have it in stock?tnx
moy is offline   Reply With Quote