R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #376
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have it installed... just haven't had a chance to run it. Today is cold and rainy... plus we have six of our regulars in Vegas at the IIC races. Everything lined up very well during the install. I think I will leave the braces on as there was still some flex that I personally want to control. The chassis does return to the original position quite nicely without the brace however.

Last edited by Zootcapri; 09-29-2007 at 10:54 AM. Reason: correction
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #377
Tech Apprentice

Just got my chassis together, all went very well, a super easy build, i do have to strip the front kingpins though, there is a little bind i want to get rid off, just a slight creek, but ill polish up the pins with the dremel.
I did have to ream the front location holes for the pics mind, its odd, they dont line up too well, but the front suspension now works very well, just wanna polish those kingpins 'cos im anal like that lol.
Ill get the shell cut out in the morning, want to do some kind of sick custom job as i love airbrushing shells, thinking of a backward sweeping Japanese rising sun, maybe flowing the sun rays back over the shell?
Zoot, cant wait to see you car now, sounds like its gonna be a carbon sex bomb lol.

lee
ralphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #378
Tech Addict

Lee... I'll post some more photos when the Honest parts come in..... then it will be the 'carbon sex bomb'...
Old 09-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #379
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinehobbies View Post
I have one in Arizona. I would be willin to travel to race the car with others.
If there are CA, AZ or NV cars... we could approach Rich Taylor in Vegas and use that track.... They have a large track that just hosted the 1/8th Nationals. I have run 1/10 th nitro there and it is a real nice facility. I am open to travel as well.

Anyway ...just a thought.

I don't know how many cars are out there.... State Side. I have heard about one in FL and Gregmuri I believe has one (Atlanta... I think). I haven't heard of others in the States....

Our onroad season may last only a week or two here ... snow is low on the mountains.... I thought about cutting some snow-foams.... but, I don't think I can talk other into playing in the snow/cold.

Last edited by Zootcapri; 09-29-2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 09-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #380
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootcapri View Post
If there are CA, AZ or NV cars... we could approach Rich Taylor in Vegas and use that track.... They have a large track that just hosted the 1/8th Nationals. I have run 1/10 th nitro and it is a real nice facility. I am open to travel as well.

Anyway ...just a thought.

I don't know how many cars are out there.... State Side. I have heard about one in FL and Gregmuri I believe has one (Atlanta... I think). I haven't heard of others in the States....

Our onroad season may last only a week or two here ... snow is low on the mountains.... I thought about cutting some snow-foams.... but, I don't think I can talk other into playing in the snow/cold.

The las vegas track wpould work great. I could talk a couple of my racing friends into getting spada if we had reason like a race in vegas.....Hmmmm
clinehobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #381
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yup, I live outsite Atlanta. Have the Spada kit but haven't been able to build yet, just got home from vacation yesterday. Have a big order of stuff that will ship from RC Rainbow once the Honest parts are in. Once it gets here I will get the car built and do some test runs at the Sugarbowl Speeday, is only 10 miles from home. I would doubt there are any other Spadas in this area, seems like offroad is the more popular stuff around here. I have been out of the hobby since the mid 90's so am definitely out of touch.

I thought I recalled seeing a post from someone outside Charlotte NC that had a Spada but can't remember where I saw it.

It would be awesome to come to Vegas for an all Spada race!!
gregmuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #382
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Spada in South Carolina

I haven't seen the post about a Spada around Charlotte, but I have one in Greenville, SC. I'm between Atlanta and Charlotte on I-85 so let's start talking up a Spada race in the Southeast!
Others at our local track in Easley, Carolina RC Complex Paved Oval, TC Track, and Dirt Oval under construction, are very interested in getting Spadas so I'm very sorry to hear Kyosho will not be importing it.
We race year 'round so if anybody wants to come here to race Spada's, just let me know! I have run at Prime Time, the Sugar Bowl, and plan on trying out Nexus soon too!

Ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #383
Tech Initiate

Hi Ned,

Sorry thought you were out of Charlotte. Greenville is much closer!!

I hope to have my Spada running soon. Have you run yours yet? What did you think of Zoot's gas tank upgrade?

Have you ever been to the Sugarbowl Speeday? I would be all for coming to the track in Easley for Spada racing!
gregmuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #384
Tech Addict

i think we'd better talk in hushed tones and type in all lower case or Kyosho (oops...kyosho) will hear about all the fun we're having with their little car.... wouldn't want them to take this bundle of fun too seriously.... would we
Old 09-29-2007, 11:55 PM   #385
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

is there a website i could order this car?any info?and parts and tires?
moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #386
Tech Fanatic

Im sold out of the Spada CRC kit but will have the Spada Porsche in the middle of October,We try to have all of the parts in stock for the car but dog bones and One way cups are hard for me to get right now. I try to keep up on the Aftermarket carbon parts also.
There are a few places in Hong Kong that should still have the Kit and also i seen one on Ebay. There is a post about the kit from a Hong Kong dealer a few pages back,they might still have them. You can also try RC Champ.
Just a few ideas if you want to get one.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:34 AM   #387
Tech Apprentice

Ivan, do you have any pics of the Porcshe body?

lee
Old 09-30-2007, 03:48 AM   #388
Tech Fanatic

ive only got black and white pictures from the sales catalog. I mightbe able to scan them then shrink it down but im not shureif i can do that with out making THE BIG RED ONE(Kyosho) mad.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:02 AM   #389
Tech Apprentice

LOL no worries buddy, dont want to get you in trouble with the the big K lol, i can wait till they announce it buddy!

lee
Old 09-30-2007, 09:17 AM   #390
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
Im sold out of the Spada CRC kit but will have the Spada Porsche in the middle of October,We try to have all of the parts in stock for the car but dog bones and One way cups are hard for me to get right now. I try to keep up on the Aftermarket carbon parts also.
There are a few places in Hong Kong that should still have the Kit and also i seen one on Ebay. There is a post about the kit from a Hong Kong dealer a few pages back,they might still have them. You can also try RC Champ.
Just a few ideas if you want to get one.
tnx bakaguyjean.is the porsche rollin chasiss is the same as the CRC kit?whats the diff? tnx.
moy is offline   Reply With Quote