R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #316
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The top plate was cut almost to the edge on the left side (right side in the photo). The Losi tank actually had a screw hole where one of the vertical post had been. I used all three mounting holes (top of the tank) in this modification. I had to drill one in the middle back through the original plate. The refincorcement braces are made with a non polished carbon fiber plate. I am seeking the polished version... just for show. The RX is the small Spektrum RX... the full sized could work... this was just a little cleaner for the install. Servo horns are what I made originally for the build. That part stayed the same.

Last edited by Zootcapri; 09-11-2007 at 11:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #317
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where do you get your carbon plate? I have been looking at the stuff Mcmaster-Carr stocks. Pretty sure it is the same appearance as what you used. Doesn't seem like it is an easy thing to find, especially if you want the polished type.
gregmuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #318
Tech Addict

EBay.... search under 'Carbon fiber sheet'
Old 09-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #319
Tech Initiate

What is the thickness you used?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #320
Tech Addict

This stuff is 2.5mm... I think I rather the 3mm.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:14 AM   #321
Tech Fanatic

Great work on the chassis. I havent been getting the automatic e-mail`s about this topic so i have been a little sighlent.
There is a pretty big hobby show in a few weeks and Tamiya is blowing out some new models,so of course we asked about Kyosho stuff and the word is
C Car body for the Spada, most likely the Porsche that was at the Shizouka hobby show. But we might get more information soon. Im still hopeing for the carbon chassis,and maybe a crash master package for me as i seem to be buying the same parts all the time.

Very interesting race Zoot had with the Spada, Facing the Spada off with some 19T pan cars was a great idea. That kind of creativety is what makes RC fun. The bigger fuel tank looks pretty good also. How is that Alloy head working out?
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #322
Tech Addict

I still haven't had time to run the car since the mods. Perhaps tonight or at least this weekend at the track. Probably no 1/12th scale class... but track time would be nice.

Ivan... do you have a tuned pipe for this car? Not the plastic pipe... probably aluminum... LMK
Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #323
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootcapri View Post
I still haven't had time to run the car since the mods. Perhaps tonight or at least this weekend at the track. Probably no 1/12th scale class... but track time would be nice.

Ivan... do you have a tuned pipe for this car? Not the plastic pipe... probably aluminum... LMK
I only have one of the pipes in stock and i holding it back for you incase you need it, I should have more Saturday.
Its pretty expensive at 4830 yen but is alloy and has the spring retainers from the pipe to the exhaust with a gasket instead of the screw in deal on the plastic pipe.You also might have to bend the pipe wire that holds it in place as the nipple that provides pressure to the tank is at an angle
The Sirio parts are expensive here as they come from Italy. To bad we dont have any connects in Italy!
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #324
Tech Addict

Ivan, I will check to see if anyone else here wants something Spada related...

Can you all see the silly grin on my face? With the new gas tank installed.... running on the track.... At speed.... 15 minute run time.... the car handled great.... ran great... the fuel pickup on the side wasn't an issue. The car actually seemed to run better from start to end of the tank... only leaning out at the very end.... 15 minutes!!!!

This is all that I was hoping for with the car. Great running... For each of the three 15 minute (plus) runs... the car accelerated briskly (again... not .12 sedan... but satisfying), shifted consistantly, turned on rails... and powered out of the turns like no 1/12th car that I have ever run... fantastic!!

The fuel tank conversion is easy and well worth it. 15 minutes of non-stop running... Hot Da... ng!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:47 PM   #325
Tech Initiate

Sounds great Zoot!!

Could you possibly post dimensions for that tank? Just curious how it compares in size to others I have been looking at.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #326
Suspended

is it in the usa yet?
MERCCER4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #327
Tech Initiate

No, they are being shipped from Japan. See previous posts, there are links to places to buy one. The service from Ivan in Japan is spectacular to say the least!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #328
Tech Addict

Approx 3.125" wide, 1.75" deep and 1.25" tall (Not including the filler cap).

But get the Losi tank for the GTX and the XXX-NT. Part # LOSA9310... It fits very well and holds 75cc. Note how the fuel and pressure lines clean up too. Retail $12.00US. Look at my installation.. I actually used one of the original post holes to attach the tank.

15 minute racing speed run time.... Lipo-esque run times with the beauty of nitro....

Last edited by Zootcapri; 09-15-2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #329
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, noob to the boards but not to RC. Ill be placing my order later for one of these little rockets, anyone else in the UK running or own one yet?
Just a quick Q, what kind of starter boxes are you guys running, i cant find a Ripmax box here, but im looking at an LRP or serpent box, would that be OK?
Just worried about any crank damage if the box is too hefty!
Any pointers on this? Im trying to source all my gear right now!

lee
ralphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:59 PM   #330
Tech Addict

I just turned the direction of the wheel on a OFNA starter box. I didn't think about the crank... I haven't had any problems... at all...

Good luck when you get it. I am having a blast with mine.