R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #226
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
SD032 is the parts number now. these are of course used on the Spada now.
The KX-One looks really cool. I have seen the 2 speed at Kyosho. The 2 speed is really expensive but that was a pretty cool idea.
I have one. The two speed sold for about $30 on E-Bay a few years back. Only problem is that its only capable of handling mild motors so nothing hotter than a 19T. Also the other problem is no brakes.

Quote:
Here is a better picture of the hubs.
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp...mg55285416.jpg

... i run an ABC Spark it is a 4WD 1/12th from back in the day.
I'm jealous. I would love to have one to add to my collection of Fantoms and Ashuras

BTW I didn't anymore than just the stock body available for the Spada. Will there be more?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #227
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking at a KX-one it looks like a pretty good car,but the 2 speed not haveing brakes is kinda bad.
You shouldnt be jealous of my Spark,you have got a Fanthom and AYK what else could you need. Kawada re release the Wolf and nobody knew about it so they gave up on it. So about a year ago you could get a 1/12th 4WD car.

The body that comes with the Spada works very well. I personally would like to see a different body just to have a choice, But if it isnt broke dont fix it.
I tried the Corvette body just because it was my first RC car and i have allways loved the look of the body.Im going to try a huge wing on the back and give it one more shot.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:26 AM   #228
Tech Fanatic

Here is my Spark before radio gear. Just for fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-pic_0009.jpg  
Old 08-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #229
Tech Champion

Nice car! Are those still available?

Whats this about Kawada re-releasing the Wolf? I saw something about it last year on their website but it was all in Japanese and from the pictures it didn't seem like the car was being offerred. It looked more like a nostalgia article about the car, like "remember when......." Anyways, could I still get one?

Does the wheels from the Kyosho fit your Spark?
I've checked with my Kawada and my Fantom, the hexes are the same except the offset is different.

Lastly, I have a tire truer arbor for my TC. Could I use this for the Kyosho wheels or do I need to get the Kyosho arbor you have shown? If it has to be the Kyosho, will it also fit Kawada wheels?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #230
Tech Addict

Need help car is done ..But can not find a throttle servo horn..What are u guys useing and where can i find one..

Thanks
iceman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:18 AM   #231
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Nice car! Are those still available?

Whats this about Kawada re-releasing the Wolf? I saw something about it last year on their website but it was all in Japanese and from the pictures it didn't seem like the car was being offerred. It looked more like a nostalgia article about the car, like "remember when......." Anyways, could I still get one?

Does the wheels from the Kyosho fit your Spark?
I've checked with my Kawada and my Fantom, the hexes are the same except the offset is different.

Lastly, I have a tire truer arbor for my TC. Could I use this for the Kyosho wheels or do I need to get the Kyosho arbor you have shown? If it has to be the Kyosho, will it also fit Kawada wheels?
The Wolf was for sale at the time when you seen it on thier website. I missed out on getting one by a month or so. You can still get parts for it from Kawada though. I have to double check if the wheels are still avaible.
The Kyosho Spada wheels will not fit any of the old 4WD cars. I have been trying to get wheels for a friend of mine in Hungary that races Fanthom.So i have been trying just about anything that would work. The Spada wheels simply have a crazy off set. We even tried them on an AXIS here at the shop and the wheels stick out way to far.
The ABC wheels are like AYK wheels with no sort of drive hexes. They are just held on by the pressure from the nuts.Sounds silly but it works.

The Spada tire truer part that you can buy is just a nut to replace the thumb wheel on the 1/10th tire arbor from Kyosho. It pretty cheap but you might be able to use some washers or something like that if you dont want to buy it. So im guessing that you can use your tire arbor. with a little creative thinking.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:21 AM   #232
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman76 View Post
Need help car is done ..But can not find a throttle servo horn..What are u guys useing and where can i find one..

Thanks
Im just using a normal servo horn i had laying around. The linkage set up that Kyosho has in the manual is more of a guide than a rule. It was a little tricky for me to get the throttle link bent correctly. And i took a few liberties with the brake link also.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #233
Tech Champion

Quote:
..... The Kyosho Spada wheels will not fit any of the old 4WD cars. .....
Thats a major disappointment.

Quote:
.....We even tried them on an AXIS here at the shop and the wheels stick out way to far......
The Axis uses the same wheels as the Fantom so that wouldn't work either. Got an Axis. Its a museum piece. No parts other than those from the Plazma. Unless your shop has some????

Quote:
.....The ABC wheels are like AYK wheels with no sort of drive hexes. They are just held on by the pressure from the nuts.Sounds silly but it works.....
My AYK Cyclone had plastic pins on the rims that inserted into two holes on the hubs. Kinda like the AE wheels except on the AE it was screws. On the AYK it still needed a nut. You wouldn't have parts for those things would you????
Old 08-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #234
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Thats a major disappointment.

The Axis uses the same wheels as the Fantom so that wouldn't work either. Got an Axis. Its a museum piece. No parts other than those from the Plazma. Unless your shop has some????

My AYK Cyclone had plastic pins on the rims that inserted into two holes on the hubs. Kinda like the AE wheels except on the AE it was screws. On the AYK it still needed a nut. You wouldn't have parts for those things would you????
The Axis we have at the shop is my managers. It is a full option Axis,of course all carbon, rolling rear suspension,ceramic diff plates ,the works really. He raced it a few times and then switched to Kawada as the Kyosho was to heavy. It sets next to my Super Alta,My AYK 3000 and a ABC Cobra national champion proto type..
My AYK 3000 uses hubs that just use friction. Its in pretty sorry shape and needs a new home. Sorry about the Confusion about the AYK but i only have the one and had not noticed the different wheels hubs like yours. I do have a spare spur gear for the inboard AYK diff like on my 3000. But that the only part i have. I really want to expand my ABC 1/12th collection. I need a Super Corbra 3ps and then i would be happy. I have a whole lot of IR part number part from Kyosho. I still havent figured out what it is but im guessing Indy Racer or Impress?

Its really cool how the Spada gets everybody excited about 1/12th again. Really 1/12th is kinda dead and all the cars look the same now. But Kyosho making a Nitro 1/12th gets alot of different kinda of people involved.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #235
Tech Champion

Quote:
The Axis we have at the shop is my managers. It is a full option Axis,of course all carbon, rolling rear suspension,ceramic diff plates ,the works really. He raced it a few times and then switched to Kawada as the Kyosho was to heavy. It sets next to my Super Alta,My AYK 3000 and a ABC Cobra national champion proto type..
Its really cool how the Spada gets everybody excited about 1/12th again. Really 1/12th is kinda dead and all the cars look the same now. But Kyosho making a Nitro 1/12th gets alot of different kinda of people involved.
I would love to see a picture of your manager's Axis and your Cobra.

Problem with 1/12th currently is that nobody makes any 1/12 bodies other than the ones available. Too much emphasis on aerodynamics which makes them all look the same. Boring. However the bodies for the Spada are interesting so when they're avail. here in the U.S. if ever , there might be some more interested in 1/12..

Last year I picked up a Kyosho R.... something and an ABC Carrera. Both are new in the box. I'm not sure if I should put them together or leave it. Its just that I don't have parts for either so I don't want to chance it.

I'll try to post pics of my Fantom and the Hirobo next time.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #236
Tech Fanatic

Ive have the lost pictures of the Axis and my Corbra is in the middle of being fixed up.
But you can check out the this ABC. This is susposed to be the Japanese Champion car and maybe world champion. I have been told that two of these cars went to Las Vegas around 1984. With the world Champion Driver and the Now President of ABC. I have gotten one good story from ABC but a little of the information was lost in translation. Well check it out as its really different.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-abc.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-abc-front.jpg  
Old 08-24-2007, 03:13 PM   #237
Tech Champion

Wow!! Its amazing how far advanced 1/12 cars were back then in Japan. Pivot ball front suspension!? Centered steering servo?!Wow!

Anyone reading this may say, "so what". Thats from a 2007 point of view now that it has been done in many other cars.

However, this was 1984!!! People will still racing with RC12I which was an improvement over the 12E because the 12I had a diff!!! The 12L didn't come out until sometime after '86; RC10L around '88 and the reactive caster front end around late '89 or '90.

It amazes me how much was available at the time but was shunned for whatever reasons then that are now even more stupid for a hobby that has gone big, gone small, gone micro, gone super, gone indoor and outdoor and yet 1/12 has always been there but no "real" development has been done about it so far until now with the Spada and even that will not be making it to the U.S.

Oh well the Internet can always make up for that.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:23 PM   #238
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Spada's not makin' it to the US??

Mine will be here in 3 to 7 days.... Long live the Spada Underground!!
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:11 AM   #239
FRP
Tech Adept

heres my photo of my spada before I received my spada options
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-img292.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-img293.jpg  
FRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:21 AM   #240
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRP View Post
heres my photo of my spada before I received my spada options
How did you make your battery pack? Im using the Mini Inferno pack but yours looks cleaner.