R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #211
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Kyosho Circut here in Atsugi has a small store that sells parts,some of the parts are old but most of them are new. They have the 2speed kit and most of the normal spare parts for the KX-one there. Everything at the Kyosho store is list price though. The 2 speed for the KX-one is 7000 Yen. They also have some Carbon for it also.
I bought some 1/8th Fanthom decals for my Spada.There are some Super Ten parts. Some other stuff that is there is either Vintage or Junk depending on what you like.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #212
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

bakaguyjean,

YHPM
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:59 AM   #213
FRP
Tech Adept

yes, the on road track near my place is a little bit bumpy, I havn't try the car yet but I'm just trying to make a better setting for the car.

Alright, I will post my Spada online when I have a chance tomorrow!

Everyone who has Spada let's share it!!
FRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:17 AM   #214
Tech Fanatic

I understand now that you havent driven it why you might be looking for some more adjustments. One of the things about the car is its pretty simple in design. One thing i have thought about the front suspension is i might be able to cut down some F103 springs and use them. Tamiya made a set of three different spring settings and I might be able to get these to work. Also the rear Spada suspension might be able to use F103 front springs. I have also thought about putting something in the rear spring hole on top of the spring to make it a little more compressed. Really all of these ideas are just thoughts. And will be running my car stock for a while as i have to learn the circut better before i can even notice these small changes.
Just going with the pack but it seems that most of the guys will be trying different tires to solve any handleing issues. It could be possible that the limited suspension on the Spada isnt needed at all.
It would be great to get more Spada pictures on here. It would also be nice to let people know where you bought your car as the Spada isnt in the States right now. It might help more people take the plunge.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:25 AM   #215
FRP
Tech Adept

I got my Spada off pro-shop futaba

Has anyone try the car with rear solid axle?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:35 AM   #216
Tech Fanatic

Pro Shop Futaba is a nice shop. I have dug through thier parts before. Just one more place to pick a up Spada.

I have got the washers together to lock the rear diff. I will be trying it out Tuesday. I used a combo of F103 diff washers.Its pretty simple to switch back if it dosent work out.
That little black spacer for the diff is a little strange.but it held up the last time i ran it. I was afraid i would melt it.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:09 AM   #217
FRP
Tech Adept

Yes I also would think the plastic washer might cause drags on the outside bearing?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #218
Tech Fanatic

I know the manual says that the diff is adjustable,but that plastic washer things just rubs againt the bearing. I tried to tighten my diff several times but it would allways just stay tighten enough to work and not fall apart. The diff works great but it would be nice to see what else can be done with it.
i have had good luck with the car and enjoy the speed and the way it handles. I havent found to much to improve on it other than the things i mentioned in my Blog. It would be cool to have all the silly hop ups but for now its is pretty fast and handles pretty good.
Its been two weeks since our last run as a group so Tuesday i will be able to see what the other guys have done trying to out do each other.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #219
Tech Addict

What are the run times the racers are getting
iceman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #220
Tech Addict

Im sorry on fuel and how close are the lap times between 1/12-1/10
Old 08-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #221
Tech Fanatic

Run time is kinda short at around 5 minutes. There is a little more space in the chassis so hopefully there will be a bigger tank in the future.
I dont have lap times as we run on the free run days but the cars are pretty similar. Different states of tune can change lap times of course,and we cant forget driver abillity.
I will have more video Tuesday.Maybe i can get some of the guys to stage 1/10th, Spada shoot out. So you can get a better idea of the speeds and line involved in getting around the circut.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #222
Tech Addict

Ok cool just got my in on sat Running up to my LHS to get servos.Car looks good so far going to break it in at village raceway this weekend coming up.Two of the guys i race with saw it and say they are going to pick one up so there will be three in Florida that i know of.I will also try to get video of Spada 09 VS RRR WC lol...
Old 08-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #223
Tech Addict

CAR IS FINISH Can't wait for the weekend to go try it out.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #224
Tech Adept

Default Centax for .09???

Would this be overkill or is it going to be a hop-up?
1FastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:36 AM   #225
Tech Fanatic

i Posted a few more videos of the Spada.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bakaguyjean

I had a pretty good drive and even tried a Jerobee Corvette body on my Spada just for fun. The Corvette body needs a BIG wing,So next time i will bolt one on just for fun. The Body without is a oversteer monster, but it looks cool.
Pay day is Friday so there might be a few hop up parts making its way to my Spada.