Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying a car

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Buying a car

Hey everyone I am looking for help in buying a nitro on road car. I used to race years ago and liked team associated cars. So I went to look for a car from them just to find out they stopped making a nitro 1/10 scale. Any suggestions on what to get? Should I go for the ntc3 from team associated? Or is there something better and easier to get parts?
Old 09-24-2016, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MAS9100
Hey everyone I am looking for help in buying a nitro on road car. I used to race years ago and liked team associated cars. So I went to look for a car from them just to find out they stopped making a nitro 1/10 scale. Any suggestions on what to get? Should I go for the ntc3 from team associated? Or is there something better and easier to get parts?
First off, what is your intended use? Is you car going to be used as a basher/ street use or a track only car? The modern belt cars won't like the grit that is normally on streets. You will grind up pulleys and belts like crazy. Any of the big brands are great as far as belt cars. Serpent, Mugen, Xray , Shepherd , Capricorn. Take a pick as they are all good these days. A nitro tc3 would be best for street use as the shaft cars hold up better with the junk in the streets. But like you said tough to find. Not sure who else makes a shaft nitro anymore. I thought Ofna had one also but thought they are gone now too..