Search
Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MTX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
the ib cells suck for this.the cells die and the pack discharges to fast.you cant run an hour main.
gp right now i think are the best for a rx pack.
I've been running and IB reciever pack for almost a year. No problems. 1 Hour main is no problem either. Wally Wally Wally

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 10-15-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I've been running and IB reciever pack for almost a year. No problems. 1 Hour main is no problem either. Walley Walley Walley
Dude, forgive my ignorance, but what is "IB"? Is this the brand of battery cells? I have like Sanyo's and GP's, but never heard of IB. Just curious, thanks.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, forgive my ignorance, but what is "IB"? Is this the brand of battery cells? I have like Sanyo's and GP's, but never heard of IB. Just curious, thanks.
IB are the INTELLECT Brand of cell and I've also been using their 1400s
in my Mtx4 without issues.
I've been running digital servos for both steering and throttle along with a personal transponder for the whole raceday and final 20-30 minutes without charging during the day!
I charge them at 1.2 amps and only use 500-600mah for the whole day
Old 10-15-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been running and IB reciever pack for almost a year. No problems. 1 Hour main is no problem either. Walley Walley Walley
Wally has done it again!!
Where's Wally?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Ill go even further... Before I sold my MTX-4 and changed to a S-car... I used to race IB packs... And ran a 30 minute main then a 45 minute main... Didnt have problems with it. What doesnt work for someone does not necessarily mean it wont work for the rest.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShrekNZ
Honestly IMHO you don't have to go overboard to prevent second gear stripping just set the mesh well don't run pinions that are worn as they will start eating pinions and ajdust the second gear clutch so it changes smoothly. I'd suggest you run the car for a while first.
Well its the some people that have problems, and then they say after the 4mm no issues... And since im new, IDK what to belive... Its just esier for me to go 4mm right away as I will be going gas for Xmas, so it would be better get it then, insted on the race season when I have hardly any money

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
I have stock 3mm and 3racing 3mm chassis (yes, 3Racing). I have hit manythings like solid pole, wall and other cars in teh track. Never strip a single gear at all. Just learn to mesh it properly and you should be fine. btw the only thing I upgrade is skyline engine mount (stock don't fit my STS engine).
Hmmm.... What do the boards look like at your track? My boards have no give lol, its like hitting a brick wall when ever you hit the wall

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Ill go even further... Before I sold my MTX-4 and changed to a S-car... I used to race IB packs... And ran a 30 minute main then a 45 minute main... Didnt have problems with it. What doesnt work for someone does not necessarily mean it wont work for the rest.
Thats what I would think, im my revo a 1100 pack would run 2 steering servos, shifting servo, and throttle servo for well over a LOOOONG days bash..... Just I want to get it right the first time, not buy the thing, and then need a new one, because a RX pack is money that could be into fuel or whatever....
Old 10-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

About the 2nd gear... I'll shed some light. Before I made the mistake on selling my MTX-4... I had about 12 aluminum hopups incluiding aluminum monoblock, 4mm chassis and the aluminum brace. I thought this would prevent me from stripping 2nd gear. And maybe it helped, because I didnt strip em unless it was by my mistake. Right now im running a close to stock MTX-4, i mean, 3mm chassis, plastic brace (the arm that goes over the engine), and everything else plastic... And have only stripped 1 2nd gear and it was my fault because i only tighten 1 screw instead of all of them. My advice is this... Take off 2nd gear, mesh it... put 1st gear and it should roll freely still. Also... the clutch should be shimmed from the inside so it doesn't touch the clutch shoe... This prevents the clutch being overheated, restricts the travel of the clutch bell and will help in avoiding to strip gears.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riketsu
About the 2nd gear... I'll shed some light. Before I made the mistake on selling my MTX-4... I had about 12 aluminum hopups incluiding aluminum monoblock, 4mm chassis and the aluminum brace. I thought this would prevent me from stripping 2nd gear. And maybe it helped, because I didnt strip em unless it was by my mistake. Right now im running a close to stock MTX-4, i mean, 3mm chassis, plastic brace (the arm that goes over the engine), and everything else plastic... And have only stripped 1 2nd gear and it was my fault because i only tighten 1 screw instead of all of them. My advice is this... Take off 2nd gear, mesh it... put 1st gear and it should roll freely still. Also... the clutch should be shimmed from the inside so it doesn't touch the clutch shoe... This prevents the clutch being overheated, restricts the travel of the clutch bell and will help in avoiding to strip gears.
Hmm

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:24 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

I've seen these cars perform at our local track and they run great... how long has this version been out for and what's the street price??

thanks,
Old 10-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the "tracK' I run is made of road dishes but the place is surrounded by solid concrete walls and 4 light ppole in the middle. I survive all the walls and poles. no gear strip. (hit them so many times though)

just mesh it properly, the method use by the other guy is similar to mine. too many alu part will alter the handling of the car. build it right is the best trick to get a top car (MTX, G4S, RRR, 720...) to run good. it will save you a fortune by not buying too many replacement parts and alu blings.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

I've been running and IB reciever pack for almost a year. No problems. 1 Hour main is no problem either. Wally Wally Wally
nobody here run those cells
they blow
most run lipo or gp thats it.
yours work's thats great.
we have found that the cells die just like the c cells do.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
So

If I get the 4mm chassis

Do I need all those alu parts so the chassis wont flex? I dont want to have issues, the cost for the 4mm chassis is worth it not to have issues with 2nd gear
4mm chassis the upper deck brace and the rear pod brace.
you dont need ti screws light rear shaft front shaft and all that other stuff.
and ill say again ib cells suck for a rx pack but i run the c cells for 1/12 for the voltage but im thinking of getting ep cells for 1/12
you know the cells suck when a guy charges them at .8A and a cell vents.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

bor: just come out stock. I have never stripped a gear at speedworld and since I got Bread set right he has not either. we will get your set right, clutch and 2-speed.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
4mm chassis the upper deck brace and the rear pod brace.
you dont need ti screws light rear shaft front shaft and all that other stuff.
and ill say again ib cells suck for a rx pack but i run the c cells for 1/12 for the voltage but im thinking of getting ep cells for 1/12
you know the cells suck when a guy charges them at .8A and a cell vents.
Well as I said, the first time buying crap is easier then during the race season

Originally Posted by JayL
bor: just come out stock. I have never stripped a gear at speedworld and since I got Bread set right he has not either. we will get your set right, clutch and 2-speed.
JayL, you run the xray??? I know I know who you are
Old 10-15-2007, 07:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

nope

tamiya 415mre electric on-road

mugen mtx-4 nitro on-road

tamiya 501x off-road electric

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.